Pattern Attack

by jennine on October 13, 2009

christian francis roth dress

The other day I looked at my closet and wondered how the heck so many black clothes got in there. Seriously, I don’t have a clue. Oh… yeah, I was looking for safe ‘classic’ clothes to wear. Well, I’m certainly looking at wearing more ‘classics’ but maybe give some other colors a try, along with other patterns and textures too… Why am I looking for classics? Who knows, intuitively that’s where I’m at right now. As my payment for some work I got a few pieces from the Christian Francis Roth AW09 collection, one of which I fell in love with was this green/grey/navy argyle dress. It’s perfect for my wardrobe as I have plenty of grey and navy blue to mix it up with.

Dress : Francis • Scarf, belt and blazer all thrifted • Bangle : Market Publique • Quilted riding boots : Talbots • Tights : H&MChristian Francis Rothcfrdeets

1 Ashe Mischief October 13, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Love it! The Francis dress especially… what great payment for work! If only life worked more on that bartering system…

Your hair looks really awesome, too.
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..Marie Denee–Fabulous Plus Sized Fashions My ComLuv Profile

2 Jeanne October 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Yay! I love the Francis flipped-argyle pieces, and it looks great with your nails!
Jeanne´s last blog ..The Great Room Reorganization - The War Plan My ComLuv Profile

3 Clare October 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Love this outfit, Jennine! That dress is incredible. Oh, and I’m psyched for our thrifting outing this weekend…we still on?
Clare´s last blog ..You Keep Samin’ When You Oughta Be Changin’ My ComLuv Profile

4 PAPERFASHION October 13, 2009 at 3:59 pm

this outfit is adorable.. classic and gorgeous! i love the mix of patterns/colors/textures!
PAPERFASHION´s last blog ..NEON My ComLuv Profile

5 K-Line October 13, 2009 at 4:02 pm

I love the dress. It’s kind of naughty conservative!

6 grace October 13, 2009 at 4:19 pm

everything about that outfit looks so warm…wonderfully warm, yet not at all bulky…

7 The Seeker October 13, 2009 at 4:50 pm

What a fabulous dress!!! The whole outfit is so fantastic!!! You look awesome.

xoxo

8 jennine October 13, 2009 at 5:36 pm

❤ ashe…i love the bartering system, now if only whole foods would barter with me…
❤ jeanne…thanks! the blue nails are coming in handy!
❤ clare..we are so on!
❤ paperfashion…thanks love, patterns are so nice.
❤ kline…i love the way you think!
❤ grace, we’ll see how long that lasts…at night i’m bundled in a wool cocoon.
❤ seeker…thanks love.

9 Alicia October 13, 2009 at 6:23 pm

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!
Alicia´s last blog ..I’m probably going to lose a friend for this… My ComLuv Profile

10 WendyB October 13, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I’m always amazed by how you put things together! I’m still at the “dress + shoes” stage of style.
WendyB´s last blog ..The Coveted’s Candid Camera My ComLuv Profile

11 Kristin October 14, 2009 at 12:17 am

I swear Christian can do no wrong!

12 MAISON CHAPLIN October 14, 2009 at 4:13 am

Love the entire look, less the skirt.. That print its not very 21st cent… hummm

MAISON CHAPLIN, the internationally recognized most stylish and glam fashion blog by some fashion houses!

http://www.MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com @ follow me
MAISON CHAPLIN´s last blog ..Van Cleef & Arpels: new jewelry collections Ruby and Perlée My ComLuv Profile

13 Sal October 14, 2009 at 6:33 am

Gotta echo WendyB’s comment - what a fabulously complex ensemble you’ve created around that gorgeous new dress!
Sal´s last blog ..Reversals of Language My ComLuv Profile

14 Market Publique October 14, 2009 at 6:52 am

I adore this outfit! The patterns, colors and textures go perfectly together and really say “Fall” to me. Love the Francis dress and MP bracelet combo too :)

15 trishdarling October 14, 2009 at 7:35 am

oooooooooh …. Love the pleated argyle, so cozy with the textured tights. I feel like I am having a pattern attack day today too!
trishdarling´s last blog ..Emerging Fashion Designers Sirius* and Sodafine Do It Again… My ComLuv Profile

16 Natalie October 14, 2009 at 7:53 am

Your outfit is full of texture - makes me happy it’s fall! I love the way you put this together!
-Natalie from Shop It To Me

17 dreamsequins October 14, 2009 at 8:32 am

OMG that thrifted blazer fits like a GLOVE. Love love love! Also the Francis dress is really adorable on you as a layering piece.
dreamsequins´s last blog ..Wishlist Wednesday: Arielle de Pinto My ComLuv Profile

18 jennine October 14, 2009 at 8:39 am

❤alicia…thanks my dear!
❤wendyb…well you have a way of picking clothes that look great with shoes.
❤kristin… here here
❤maison…thanks… i think… though i’d have to say leaving a bunch of links to your blog in a comment…welll….
❤sal…thanks love!
❤market publique, my two favorite new yorkers!
❤ natalie… thanks, i’m happy too, love fall, love it.

19 Foley October 14, 2009 at 8:47 am

You are so cute on the firt photo! I really really like the skirt.

20 UnoCosa October 14, 2009 at 11:49 am

hiya!!! Jennine …. this is definitely a wonderful way to mitre different patterns and textures …. i really loved the deep-navy blue scarf with lurex - just the perfect touch to the otherwise earthy tone …. have a wonderful day and thank you for the lovely words, xoxo
UnoCosa´s last blog ..LINK OF THE DAY: 10.13.2009 My ComLuv Profile

21 amie October 14, 2009 at 1:35 pm

An inspired mix of patterns and textures. Love it!
amie´s last blog ..Channeling Chanel’s Spring 2010 Runway My ComLuv Profile

22 Nickie Frye October 14, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Very cute outfit! I’d totally rock that blazer & those boots. Love them!
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Dynasty T-Shirt My ComLuv Profile

23 IdStyle October 14, 2009 at 3:33 pm

LOVE the pattern mixing. Killer outfit!
IdStyle´s last blog ..Pearls of Wisdom: The Pink Ribbon Pin-Ups My ComLuv Profile

24 eyeliah October 14, 2009 at 4:43 pm

This outfit is so inspiring, seriously so happy for all the outfit posts, much appreciated!
eyeliah´s last blog ..Chunky Necklaces, Pearls, Skinny Pants with Boots My ComLuv Profile

25 missmilki October 15, 2009 at 4:30 am

The dress is gorgeous! I must bring some more pattern into my outfits! :)

26 rachel c. October 15, 2009 at 10:40 am

i love how you’ve mixed patterns here. everything looks perfect together!

xoxo
rachel c.´s last blog ..MID-WEEK INSPRIATION: PAPER WHISTLE ART My ComLuv Profile

27 enc October 17, 2009 at 7:02 am

You really are an expert at pattern-mixing, Jennine. The “paycheck” looks great on you!
enc´s last blog ..Poll #48 Yes, No, or Maybe? My ComLuv Profile

28 Kayla October 20, 2009 at 8:24 am

What a gorgeous dress! I’m realizing I have that issue of too many “classics” and not enough patterns and colors in my closet. Hopefully that will end soon with some thrifting :)
Kayla´s last blog ..Watch those hands! My ComLuv Profile