Tribal Calling

by jennine on October 22, 2009

I can never remember which season they say ‘tribal prints’ are in. In my opinion, tribal prints are kind of like animal prints, stripes, plaids any pattern really. From what I wore on Tuesday, tribal prints are something I need to pull out of my closet. California bred, Brooklyn based designer  Mary Meyer creates these wonderful cozy pieces with African inspired woodblock prints. Educated at the California College of Arts in painting, she started making her own clothes because ‘I studied art in college — painting, dyeing, printmaking, weaving, and woodwork. After I graduated, I had really particular things that I wanted to wear but I had no money, so I made them myself. Then people started asking where I got my clothes.‘ she says to The Cut .

I personally like this collection, because I have such a hard time with tee shirts with things on them, particularly, words, or pictures, those things, yet plain, is well, plain. The abstract simple motifs on comfortable yet, unusual cuts really stand out to me as something I would want to add to my wardrobe. Oh wait, I have my upside down cardi! Well, more to my wardrobe.

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis

1 PAPERFASHION October 22, 2009 at 11:29 am

ahhh this has to be by far one of my favorite things you’ve posted!!! love the simplicity
PAPERFASHION´s last blog ..NEW DAY My ComLuv Profile

2 anh October 22, 2009 at 12:40 pm

ditto on tshirts. its hard for me to find the right tshirt as well.
anh´s last blog ..I love costumes parties! My ComLuv Profile

3 WendyB October 22, 2009 at 5:36 pm

“I can never remember which season they say ‘tribal prints’ are in. In my opinion, tribal prints are kind of like animal prints, stripes, plaids any pattern really” … And like red lipstick. In so often that it’s never really out!
WendyB´s last blog ..Mummy Dearest My ComLuv Profile

4 MAISON CHAPLIN October 22, 2009 at 5:41 pm

What is that? Don’t like it, not fashionista.

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

@ http://www.MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com
MAISON CHAPLIN´s last blog ..Jimmy Choo for H&M: the first images My ComLuv Profile

5 Midtown Girl October 23, 2009 at 3:34 am

The color on the last piece is pretty all year round…and I agree- not a fan of the logo -t!

6 sana October 23, 2009 at 11:10 am

Ahh this line is so cute! And it looks so comfortable too. I aim to dress both comfortably and chic in the winter (they can get pretty harsh in the East coast!). I also love to wear different colored cardigans to both brighten up an ordinary shirt and keep me warm! Check them out at beautyXpose.com