PRISM London: A Case Study

by jennine on December 16, 2009

prism case

Almost everyone I know and love wears glasses. Except me. Sometimes I wish I needed them, if for anything but to add another accessory to my wardrobe. However, I have perfect vision. Wearing ‘fake glasses’ sounds like a solution, for about a minute. I’ve done it a few times, and it only takes a few minutes for a glasses wearing person to sniff me out…

Vision-impaired-person (VIP): “Oh, nice glasses, I didn’t know you wore them.”
Me: “Oh, I am today.” I look to my side.
VIP: “Really? Wow, what’s your prescription? Can I try them on? I want to see how messed up your eyes are.”
Me: “They’re fake glasses.”
VIP: “Oh.” VIP gives the side eye.

Then I feel like a complete fake idiot. So no fake glasses for me…unless…. they come in a pretty box. Like these glasses by PRISM London. Former trend analyst and journalist Anna Laub wanted to fill the hole in the market, to make glasses more like fashion accessories, as they are probably one of the most visible accessories, being as they are on your face. Who knew? Most of her frames are classic, venturing around the nerd-genre, which is great, especially if you love nerds (I do!). I’m sure one day I’ll need glasses, but until then, I’ll just have to vicariously live through those of you who do.

Sources: Yatzer, SabotagePKG

Vyque December 16, 2009 at 12:27 pm

At least you’ve never worn contacts with fake glasses over them >shifty eyes<
.-= Vyque´s last blog ..Woven Pleat Tulip Skirt =-.

jennine December 16, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Hehee… i’ve always wanted to try contacts!

Alicia December 16, 2009 at 1:46 pm

You’re gonna LOVE the new frames I have in the works, J.

And I wouldn’t give you side-eye. Glasses have come a LONG way in the “looking good instead of clinical” sense. It’s not fair for us to hog all of them. =P

jennine December 16, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Oooh, you are so good with glasses too! Can’t wait to see them!

Sally December 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I don’t wear contacts or glasses either … but I’d LOVE an excuse to snap up one of these cases.
.-= Sally´s last blog ..Mine =-.

jennine December 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm

We can put other things in them, like pencils?

Sher December 16, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I just got new eyeglasses and I wish they had come in this case :)
.-= Sher´s last blog ..All the Stockings were Hung =-.

Shay December 16, 2009 at 3:56 pm

being someone who has had terrible eyesight my whole life I hate it when people say they wish they needed glasses because of a trend. You aren’t saying this directly, but many other bloggers have in the past year. Why wish bad eyesight upon yourself? If your eyes end up as bad as mine, you’ll realize that prescription lenses actually distort the shape of your eyes and, in the case of near-sighted people, make your eyes look smaller! So I say just enjoy the “fake” trend and don’t worry about what people think about it. :)
.-= Shay´s last blog ..Winter Colour =-.

jennine December 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm

I don’t think I want bad eyesight, as much as the glasses…. i like being able to see!
but yeah, we’ll see about doing the fake glasses thing…

Midtown Girl December 16, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Ah ha ha! OMG, back in my I-banking days I bought a pair of non-prescription Armani glasses so I could look “smart” . (I worked with all men and not being the typical ANALytical -looking type, I had to hold my own!).

A VP saw them on my desk, said, “oh I like these”, lifted them up to the light and said “They’re fake. It’s fine, my wife does the same thing.”

LOL!
.-= Midtown Girl´s last blog .."Single in My City" Series: In Miami with Sasha! =-.

jennine December 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm

hahah, that’s the best story!

Lucy December 17, 2009 at 12:07 am

oh you do NOT want to have impaired vision! Mine has just gotten worse and worse since high school and really, I should be wearing my glasses all the time but I like the way I look without them, so I’ll risk bumping into things and biking on what I THINK are roads. Those cases are really really pretty, by the way!
.-= Lucy´s last blog ..Deals Courtesy of the Lohans and American Apparel =-.

Liv Lundelius December 17, 2009 at 3:55 pm

the box is really cool
i am recently inspired by chrystals a lot, this reminds of this shape again!
but I am also a person that doesnt need glasses.
.-= Liv Lundelius´s last blog ..let love and friendship reign forever =-.

Leah December 18, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Thing is, wearing glasses as a necessity takes all the allure out of wearing them as a ‘fashion statement’ I find. If anything, I’d much rather wear my contacts if I happen to care about aesthetics that day. But then I speak as the VIP in your scene above!