Versace Pre-Fall : Colors

by jennine on December 16, 2009

versace pre fall

I’ve had to put a ban on my wardrobe, no more black and grey. No more. Even though I keep seeing pretty things in black and grey, I’ve just about had it with the glum colors. It’s bad enough to see them when you look out the window, but in the closet? I can’t take it anymore (watch in a few days I’m going to show you something I bought in grey…but it’s the last I swear!)

The other day I got an invite to the Versace Pre-Fall viewing, but since I am coastally challenged, I asked Wendy Brandes to go in my place, as the last few times I visited, every time I complimented her on a piece, it seemed to be from Versace…

“I have a pretty big Versace collection from a few years ago. I’ve been focused on vintage for the past few years and haven’t been into the Versace boutique at all. But I’m going back! I loved so many pieces in this collection. My favorite was the laminated lavender lace trench coat. Incredible color, beautiful cut and … laminated lace! It made a bit of a rustling noise that I liked. Some pieces are so fabulous that they SHOULD get to announce their presence.”~Wendy Brandes

Personally, though I’m on the fence about the length of the ultra short dresses, and shiny leather leggings, I did love bright vibrant patterns the fashion house is known for. Japanese inspired, the colors reflect the neon lights of Tokyo, lime green, tomato orange and sky blue. I also liked the crinkly patent navy blue jackets, and blazers, as perhaps this is a good indicator of my next ‘comfort color’.

Update: Wendy asked them about the length of the dresses and they said that was “editorial” only and promised the real ones would be longer.

versace-prefall4versace-prefall2versace-prefall1versace-prefall5

• Posterous

WendyB December 16, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Oh! I asked them about the length of the dresses and they said that was “editorial” only and promised the real ones would be longer. When I go back I will try one on and report to you :-)
WendyB´s last blog ..I’ve Got News for Ewe My ComLuv Profile

jennine December 16, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Good news! I’m sick of worrying about my chocha!

Julie H. December 16, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Why hello Twiggy
Julie H.´s last blog ..not enough time My ComLuv Profile

s h e r r y December 16, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Oh wow!! I REALLY love the 2 blue jackets! <3
s h e r r y´s last blog ..Please vote for me!! My ComLuv Profile

mai December 16, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Wow. W-O-W! These are gorgeous and I think I’d wear them, even at this length, as long as I wore tights (and maybe those cheerleading bloomers). These would look great biking in and those cut-outs on the shoulders of the second outfit? Fantastic.
mai´s last blog ..Chelsea - 18th Street, SF (Quick Shots) My ComLuv Profile

jennine December 17, 2009 at 11:44 am

oooh chearleading bloomers! and i love the way you think to mix versace in velocouture… awesome.

Nickie Frye December 16, 2009 at 6:24 pm

OMIGosh, I love the dresses! LOVE! I would never wear anything that short, but I love the patterns & the shoulders. I also completely love the shoes. The jeans I would pass on, those are too much, even for me. That necklace is pretty darn cool too.

Lots of posts today, you must be feeling better! :)
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Italian Leather Vintage Sandals My ComLuv Profile

Amy December 16, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Gorgeous line! I love the vibrant colors and those shoes! Wow, I want red boots just like that!

Alicia December 16, 2009 at 9:30 pm

I kept looking at the shoes…
Alicia´s last blog ..…around the house… My ComLuv Profile

Lucy December 17, 2009 at 12:15 am

lovelovelove. I saw this a while back and those colors and prints are amazing…a knock-out collection!
Lucy´s last blog ..Deals Courtesy of the Lohans and American Apparel My ComLuv Profile

Leia December 17, 2009 at 6:56 am

I need to enforce a no gray/black ban on my wardrobe, too!
Leia´s last blog ..Mint Icicles (Nail Tutorial) My ComLuv Profile

jennine December 17, 2009 at 11:44 am

i keep trying, but it’s not as easy as you think!

Sally December 17, 2009 at 7:43 am

What a spectacular array of shades! The prints are particularly vibrant.
Sally´s last blog ..Guest Post: Flattering Hats for Every Head My ComLuv Profile

lt.styling December 17, 2009 at 10:42 am

Oh my gosh, I love every single piece. Ok I could live without the liquid leggings! I wonder if that’s a skirt under the navy blazer or part of the detailing? I absolutely adore it!
lt.styling´s last blog ..Stylist’s Greetings My ComLuv Profile

jennine December 17, 2009 at 11:45 am

I think so… it’s a nice skirt…

Kwil December 17, 2009 at 11:15 am

I LOVE these!
Kwil´s last blog ..Good night My ComLuv Profile

The Fashion Techie December 17, 2009 at 11:59 am

I’m so loving these.. I need to start wearing more color as well. I think interior design is feeling the same color trend for next year.. these reminded me of bokjadesigns’ stuff. hott!

SwanDiamondRose December 17, 2009 at 5:53 pm

i love these outfits. i have this feeling of wanting Versace to rise up like a phoenix from the ashes type thing. Donnatella too. i love Christopher Kane’s new association with them. too perfect. it’s great to see deep blue used in the way that neons are often used. likey. likey!
SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..transparent pale blue lace & The House of Mirth & moving [2] My ComLuv Profile

Audi December 17, 2009 at 6:22 pm

WOW! I don’t usually pay too much attention to Versace, but that floral dress and asymmetrical blazer are spectacular! Can’t wait to check out the rest of the collection.
Audi´s last blog ..Yes You Can My ComLuv Profile

Ian Larraga December 18, 2009 at 6:29 am

YES! Seriously coveting all that color!

Miss Cavendish December 18, 2009 at 7:18 am

I’d wear everything (well, except the jeggings) and would particularly love the first two pieces. . .
Miss Cavendish´s last blog ..Jeweltide Greetings: Stephanie Jewels My ComLuv Profile

Richard December 18, 2009 at 7:37 am

Twiggy is right. The colors are nice, but could I buy her a meal and a smile?
Richard´s last blog ..How To Drive A Golf Ball My ComLuv Profile

Alice December 22, 2009 at 3:11 am

I love those bright colours! This collection is not for faint hearted that is for sure!
Alice´s last blog ..Links à la Mode for the week of December 17th My ComLuv Profile

Serena from Style on a String December 25, 2009 at 8:39 am

They look wild at first, but I could totally see myself wearing them

Maybe not those jeans, but the dress (if it were longer) and the rest.. HELL YES!

Style on a String :: Because style has nothing to do with money.
Serena from Style on a String´s last blog ..Wardrobe Show and Tell: Braided Urban Outfitters Teal Dress with Structured Jean Jacket for the Holidays My ComLuv Profile

Prêt-à-Porter P December 25, 2009 at 9:17 pm

It makes me happy to see Versace is still vibrantly colored and tacky. (I say “tacky” with love, i love a bit of tackiness myself) For a while there, designers (even cavalli and pucci) jumped on that balmain and all black look.
I think my two favorites are the 1st laminated jacket. I could already envision that with a lt blue striped shirt and a pair of trousers for a work look. Black tee and black slim jeans/trousers with red suede flats for a work/evening look, and real casual with white tee and jeans.
and that navy blazer it just speaks for itself. beautiful!
now if only i had the $$$$
Prêt-à-Porter P´s last blog ..New Site of the Moment (12.25) My ComLuv Profile

Christina Gough December 27, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Great post. I LOVE Versace. I have a wallet I got 8 years ago that is a destressed denim looking leather and it still looks great today. That’s quality my friends. Gotta love it.

Christina
Fabulous Finds Gal
Christina Gough´s last blog ..Happy Holiday Edition of Links a’ La Mode Top Weekly Fashion Posts My ComLuv Profile

The Style PA December 27, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Loving these vibrant colours. Not sure I’d be able to carry it all off at once, but definitely good for inspiring my own outfits.
The Style PA´s last blog ..THOUGHT - Product Packaging Pet Peeves My ComLuv Profile

lisaLockhart December 28, 2009 at 1:29 am

love those looks and the colors. i did a post on this too last week but you included some looks that i seemed to overlook. greatpost
lisaLockhart´s last blog ..Stylish Celebrity Sisters My ComLuv Profile

tempo dulu March 23, 2010 at 1:22 am

Black and grey will always have their place but there is a time when colors are needed to brighten up this dreary world - and by God does Versace do that! Wonderful stuff!
tempo dulu´s last blog ..Versace Indonesia My ComLuv Profile

{ 14 trackbacks }

• Links à la Mode 24th December 2009 | Style on a String
  • Links à la Mode | DailyDivaDish
  • Links a la Mode: Holiday Edition! - Alice in Stilettos
  • M.I.S.S. On IFB’s Links à la Mode! | M.I.S.S.
  • Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup | TheWorkingWardrobe.com
  • Links a la Mode: The Holiday Edition | Unfunded
  • Links à la Mode : The IFB Weekly Roundup | Independent Fashion Bloggers
  • Links à la Mode: The Happy Holiday Edition | Little Miss Makeup's Blog
  • Lovely links: Fashion and beauty highlights of the week | hello beauty!
  • Links à la mode : The Happy Holidays Edition | THE COVETED