Recent Acquisitions : Desert Rose

by jennine on December 21, 2009

grey shoes

It’s been a long time since I’ve done any real shopping. And to tell the truth, I hadn’t really found a shopping pattern like I had when I lived in San Francisco. For some reason in San Francisco, I could find the most darling things at a price I could afford, even when I was broke. It didn’t really occur to me that during the times I lived in Germany and in Chicago, my depleted shopping libido might be attributed to the fact I hadn’t spent years searching out the very best spots, and as much as I love online shopping there is something to be said about actually trying stuff on. I’m not saying one is better than the other, as I’ve actually had better luck with ordering clothes online than endlessly debating in the dressing room. But it’s always nice to see the details, as those are the little things you fall in love with. I promise I’ll be wearing these soon, but I wanted to show you all of the things I got just so you can see this unconscious color shift… seasonally inappropriate, perhaps, but I’m dying for some nice warm colors, perhaps for my visit to my mom’s home in the desert.

Above are the No. 704b. grey shoes I snagged at DSW for $60.. they’re leather with a stacked heel. I am so excited to wear them, but scared to wear them when I have to walk the hills… soon I’ll wear them, soon….

Moschino Cheap & Chic blazer with macramé trim $26 Can you believe it!?!!! I’m almost afraid to say where I got it, but between me, you and the lamppost the Pacific Heights Crossroads is amazing.

Marc by Marc Jacobs wool and silk empire waist dress $16… at the same place, admittedly these were both marked half off, but wow, it’s darling.

Vintage wool cardigan $24 from Seconds To Go, which also had a lot of designer clothes, though not as much as the Junior League, but to be honest, this simple cardigan is more perfect for me than I could imagine… it’s the perfect length, and I actually love the shoulder pads, and it’s soooo warm!

Here is the dress I got from H&M, it actually fits well to my figure, and love the color! $39

And last but not least I snagged this American Apparel boat neck dress for $12 at Crossroads, it’s a basic, but I have a feeling it’s going to get a lot of use (as I’ve already worn it twice!)
Thank god I’m leaving SF today, I don’t think I can take any more shopping (for myself… holiday shopping isn’t over yet).

Share and Enjoy:

1 WendyB December 21, 2009 at 6:25 pm

I love the Moschino even more than I expected to! And “depleted shopping libido” is the phrase of the day.
WendyB´s last blog ..Thanks for Giving (II) and Thanks for Getting My ComLuv Profile

2 jennine December 22, 2009 at 12:56 am

i thought of you when i got it!

3 Poochie December 21, 2009 at 6:27 pm

All good purchases… I love the paprika color!
Poochie´s last blog ..Days of Intention - The Beginning My ComLuv Profile

4 jennine December 22, 2009 at 12:58 am

it’s one of my favorite colors, particularly good for mixing!

5 Tami December 21, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Wow, you did good! I’m amazed at those shoes - they look gorgeous! Love stacked heels.
Tami´s last blog ..Caroline Chu Holiday Giveaway My ComLuv Profile

6 jennine December 22, 2009 at 12:56 am

stacked heels are my favorite…they seem to be the most sturdy….

7 Lauren December 21, 2009 at 6:35 pm

What are your favorite places to shop in SF?! I live here and would love your hidden gems before I move away in January!
Lauren´s last blog ..Magenta Madness. My ComLuv Profile

8 jennine December 22, 2009 at 12:57 am

oh i have listed some of them in this post, but i hadn’t made it to most of my old haunts so it’s hard to tell after a few years if they’re good anymore…

9 Lawgirl December 21, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Ohhh, I love the color and style of the blazer. Great find!!
Lawgirl´s last blog ..Christmas for Your Insides #21.5 My ComLuv Profile

10 Alicia December 21, 2009 at 7:50 pm

LOL @ “depleted shopping libido.”

Great finds!!!
Alicia´s last blog ..…things last weekend taught me… My ComLuv Profile

11 a stylized hysteria December 21, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I love it all- especially the shoes and mbmj dress. I can’t wait to see how you accessorize it!
a stylized hysteria´s last blog ..I’m back, baby! My ComLuv Profile

12 tricia of bitsandbobbins.com December 21, 2009 at 8:28 pm

something about secondhand moschino must be in the air, ‘cos i found a superb cheap and chic jacket a secondhand shop in chicago last week, grass green and embellished all over with vertical stripes with shoelaces (!!!) in a rainbow of colors (!!!!!!). not for $29, but not too much more, actually. i was pretty shocked.

can’t wait to see how you style yours. i’ll be keeping an eye out.

enjoy san francisco…i miss it. :)
tricia of bitsandbobbins.com´s last blog ..wardrobe_remix(ers) o’ the week My ComLuv Profile

13 jennine December 22, 2009 at 1:01 am

ooh that must have been a find… did you get it? I can see grass green working into your wardrobe so well! also, moschino is so whimsicla, it’s so easy to love.

SF is an easy place to miss… i really didn’t realize how much i missed sf until i came back, it’s a great city… and have a feeling i’m not quite done with it yet.

14 PixelHazard December 21, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Oh I so love your shoes! I have been on a shopping frenzy, it’s rather unhealthy, particularly for ym bank balance
PixelHazard´s last blog ..Then why don’t you marry her My ComLuv Profile

15 Mini December 21, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Wow, those shoes and the Marc Jacobs dress are absolutely stunning! I have major shoe envy right now…
Mini´s last blog ..Daily Outfit: 12/15/09 My ComLuv Profile

16 dsi r4 December 21, 2009 at 10:54 pm

These are really very beautiful collection here. I like all but the shoes you have shown is really fantastic and the dresses that you have all are so nice. Thanks for sharing.

17 Lucy December 21, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Omgosh I love your Moschino blazer! such deals…I’ve gotta check out these stores when I go to SF. :)
Lucy´s last blog ..M is for Music My ComLuv Profile

18 Ivan8!3 December 21, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Those shoes are frikkin’ awesome!!! I’m so impressed with your finds…. a good shopper is never out of their element. :-)

+8!3
Ivan8!3´s last blog ..Men at Work My ComLuv Profile

19 Suzanna December 22, 2009 at 2:56 am

I miss it too (I say from the wasteland of Belk’s bleak Alfred Dunner department).

I remember when I was first in SF in the late eighties. One night, parking for a bar, I saw the “Get Thee to a Nunnery” store. No matter the clothes turned out to be dowdy and unfit for tumbles in the rye. This store would have flopped in any city I’d ever lived in: Providence, Nashua, Boston, Syracuse, but it told me a lot about SF.

Thanks for this post. Missing that city a lot at Christmas.

20 jennine December 22, 2009 at 5:15 pm

hehe.. get to thee to a nunnery! i love it! the name is really suiting for sf… it’s such a quirkly place!

21 Alice December 22, 2009 at 3:14 am

Oh, I haven’t done that kind of shopping in ages…when you buy several pieces, take them hope and try them on in different combinations…

Great findings Jennine!
Alice´s last blog ..Links à la Mode for the week of December 17th My ComLuv Profile

22 jennine December 22, 2009 at 5:15 pm

oh yeah, me either, it’s so wierd to do it!

23 Arushi Khosla December 22, 2009 at 7:07 am

The Moschino blazer! Major sighs!

24 Make Do Style December 22, 2009 at 7:10 am

Fabulous purchases - love the MJ dress it is perfect.
Make Do Style´s last blog ..Dress a blogger for a wedding My ComLuv Profile

25 alexandra keller December 22, 2009 at 7:27 am

your dsw must be better than my dsw!
alexandra keller´s last blog ..cosa verde My ComLuv Profile

26 Sally December 22, 2009 at 7:34 am

What a fantastic haul!
Sally´s last blog ..Reader Request: Slippery Shoe Tricks My ComLuv Profile

27 Liv Lundelius December 22, 2009 at 8:18 am

omg! so many great finds. SF seems to be amazing for shopping.
like the marc jacobs dress a lot. but i can imagine any of those looking
really good on you.
Liv Lundelius´s last blog ..Blushless Holidays Y’all! My ComLuv Profile

28 Idstyle December 22, 2009 at 8:26 am

Great finds, I especially like the grey shoes!
Idstyle´s last blog ..You Say… Spotting Leopard Spots My ComLuv Profile

29 Retro Chick December 22, 2009 at 8:40 am

Oooh, that H&M dress is lovely! Nice Christmas colour!

Those shoes are very you as well. Looking forward to seeing your outfit posts with them

30 Nickie Frye December 22, 2009 at 9:16 am

Wow, you totally scored! I love everything! Did you ever get a chance to go to the Haight? Isn’t there a Crossroads there? Or is it just Buffalo Exchange? No, I think they have both. Plus they have that amazing crepes place. I like Ambiance for inexpensive shoes, too. I need to head over there soon. Safe travels! xoxo
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Vintage Long Black Blazer My ComLuv Profile

31 jennine December 22, 2009 at 5:16 pm

oh i’m saving the haight for my next stay after christmas, we’re styaing in the inner richmond so the haight is around the corner… as opposed to nob hill where it’s a bitch to get to!

32 ambika December 22, 2009 at 12:03 pm

I can’t decide what I’m dying over more-the shoes, the blazer with that amazing trim-or those prices! Unbelievable.
ambika´s last blog ..Coveting J.Crew My ComLuv Profile

33 Amy December 22, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Oh Gorgeous, gorgeous finds! I love those gray shoes… and that red dress.. $12, so jealous!
Amy´s last blog ..Bundle Up, It’s Snowing My ComLuv Profile

34 Nadine December 22, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Love the dress and the shoes, tres chic and the prices are definitely a plus!

Happy Holidays!

35 hanako66 December 22, 2009 at 4:53 pm

wow, what fabulous finds…i love them all!
hanako66´s last blog ..the anticipation is killing me My ComLuv Profile

36 Shelley December 22, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Wow, you got some great bargains-I love the warm colours of the dresses, and the shoes are fabulous!!
Shelley´s last blog ..The Scarf - Richmond Street My ComLuv Profile

37 Friend in Fashion December 22, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Moschino + boots simply fabulous! :)

x

38 Wendy December 22, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Those shoes are HOT!! And I love hearing about bargains too; I get excited talking about great deals as well :)
Wendy ´s last blog ..shonshon8’s picks: Necklace Shirts My ComLuv Profile

39 Sandra @ DebutanteClothing December 23, 2009 at 1:34 am

I cannot believe the deals you got girlie! Wow! I thought I was a bargain shopper.

40 Midtown Girl December 23, 2009 at 1:55 am

I need a pair of gray shoes too - thanks for the reminder darling!

I didn’t realize how much I love hats until I bought one for HALF off at a sample sale in Midtown…cannot wait to take pics of it too - I am officially a hat lover!

XOXO
Amy
Midtown Girl´s last blog ..Dating Dilemma: When YOU Feel She’s Not the Right One for Him… My ComLuv Profile

41 Passion Girl December 23, 2009 at 10:54 am

I like the shoes a lot! very stylish
Passion Girl´s last blog ..Masculine,Sexy and Stylish My ComLuv Profile

42 SwanDiamondRose December 24, 2009 at 7:17 pm

oooh, nice shoes! i’m trying to pack everything i own, and am completely baffled! ahhhhhhhhhhhh! i’m so bad at getting rid of things. sigh.
SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..SWANclothing Boxing Day but really a Boxing Week sale! My ComLuv Profile