The Holiday Break…

by jennine on December 29, 2009

hollywood

I’m sure many of you have been taking it easy this holiday. That’s great! That’s what holidays are for!  Usually, I like to lay on the sofa watching back to back episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants and eating tortilla chips, and not really think about fashion at all, because there is nothing fancy or remotely fashionable about Dorrito crumbs. Since I was sick earlier this month, and spent a week laying on an air mattress watching Law and Order with my friend Kezia’s cat, Diva… after the holiday, I was a bit antsy to get out of the house, and well, not really quite ready to come back to work full fledged. Really…who is?

Vacation photos are a funny thing, I have mixed feelings about them. Some people take good ones, and it’s fun to hear the stories, and others, aren’t so exciting, and they seem to take ages to tell the stories about the can of coke they found in the refrigerator. I won’t bore you with that. The past few days at my mom’s house in Southern California, we did the whole tour from San Diego (Torrey Pines), Palm Springs (Joshua Tree National Forest) then an afternoon in Hollywood. Now I’m on my way back to San Francisco for the New Year, then finally back to Chicago. I’m so ready to wear other clothes besides what’s in my suitcase.

Joshua Tree National Forest…

I’d like to say I forgot my hiking clothes, but I don’t have any…

Share and Enjoy:

1 Chessa! December 29, 2009 at 1:44 pm

you look fantastic in all of the photos! and, I love your choice of hiking clothes:) perfection! happy new year!
xx
Chessa!´s last blog ..Holiday Hangover II My ComLuv Profile

2 jennine December 29, 2009 at 7:40 pm

thanks dear! i felt a little over dressed, but whatever!
happy new year to you too!

3 Tami December 29, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I’d rather wear your chic outfit over any hiking gear any day! :P
Tami´s last blog ..Detox In The New Year With Cook! SF My ComLuv Profile

4 Andrea (@LuvSunflower) December 29, 2009 at 2:31 pm

LOVE your pics. I can Never get enough of the Hollywood sign.

5 SwanDiamondRose December 29, 2009 at 3:32 pm

i love it! i’ve actually hiked in platforms, hehe. and all i’ve been doing is eating potato chips. oh my goodness, my face!
SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..fluffy thoughts! soft as a kitten… My ComLuv Profile

6 jennine December 29, 2009 at 7:37 pm

oh wow! i was about to do that yesterday in hollywood to get to the sign… but it’s good to know you don’t have to wear hiking boots to hike!

7 sophynails December 29, 2009 at 3:42 pm

One of my favourite parts of the world….so lovely to see it. Last time I was there it was seriously HOT though was wearing a bikini!

8 jennine December 29, 2009 at 7:44 pm

oh god, it DOES get SUPER hot out there, in summer, that’s why i forgot it gets cold in the winter! crazy!

9 hanako66 December 29, 2009 at 4:16 pm

you look great! what picturesque places you visited…i take living here for granted! i haven’t been to joshua tree in ages!
hanako66´s last blog ..Crazy Christmas Lady My ComLuv Profile

10 WendyB December 29, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Any photo you take is interesting!
WendyB´s last blog ..Enthralled by Versace Pre-Fall My ComLuv Profile

11 meligrosa December 29, 2009 at 5:18 pm

ha love your hiking outfit, now we understand where my biking outfits relate as well h eheee…
ur fabulous and that 1st pic of you is oh so cute ;-)
<3 /xo.m
meligrosa´s last blog ..Lunch. My ComLuv Profile

12 jennine December 29, 2009 at 7:37 pm

oh heck yeah! i’m wondering why they don’t do more girlie athletic wear in general, i mean, c’mon!

13 Alicia December 29, 2009 at 8:28 pm

I love that you’re having a good time…even if you feel overdressed. Not enough people out here put in the effort. How long are you heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere?!?!
Alicia´s last blog ..…and I’m back… My ComLuv Profile

14 Alicia December 29, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Or did you already leave for S.F.? =(
Alicia´s last blog ..…and I’m back… My ComLuv Profile

15 Nickie Frye December 29, 2009 at 8:40 pm

I have hiked in a skirt once. I had a total dork-attack & slid all the way down a muddy hill & ended up with the skirt over my head right in front of two guys we were hiking with. Good times.
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Vintage Trucker Hat My ComLuv Profile

16 jennine December 30, 2009 at 10:39 am

omg! what a story! i’m glad you weren’t hurt! it’s pretty funny though!

17 Nickie Frye December 31, 2009 at 10:05 am

These things happen. Last week I fell into a bush! Like ALL the way into a bush. LOL! It started quite a buzz on facebook, unfortunately.
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Vintage Trucker Hat My ComLuv Profile

18 Lucy December 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Hey Torrey Pines! My school practically owns that place haha. Isn’t it nice to get out of frumpy winter layers for a while? :D
Lucy´s last blog ..Too Cool For Winter My ComLuv Profile

19 Sonja December 30, 2009 at 2:02 am

Ooooh, love the pic of those red thingamabobs! So pretty! Glad you’re having a nice time with family. xo
Sonja´s last blog ..Urban Decay Smoke Out for easy, breezy, glitzy smoky eyes My ComLuv Profile

20 Pipuchi December 30, 2009 at 8:00 am

The picture of the little red flowers is really beautiful. I love it!
Regarding your outfit… Well, I have walked in the cobbled streets with heels and, yes, it wasn’t comfortable at all :(

21 dreamsequins December 30, 2009 at 8:46 am

You look so beautiful and relaxed… Especially love your “hiking” clothes :) Never been to Joshua Tree, but I hear it’s a wonderful place. I’ll have to check it out next time.
dreamsequins´s last blog ..Press: Feeling Lucky! My ComLuv Profile

22 jennine December 30, 2009 at 10:53 am

oh thanks! i hope to hang onto the relaxed look a little while longer!
you should go to joshua tree, it’s amazing.

23 Clare December 30, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Ooh, joshua trees are my favorite. So glad you’ve been having a good time on vacation; we should get together again when you get back to Chi-town!
Clare´s last blog ..Not Back for a Day My ComLuv Profile

24 Market Publique December 31, 2009 at 1:14 pm

It looks gorgeous there! I’ve been wanting to go to Palm Springs since forever, lucky you!

About hiking clothes, who needs them? I did canopy last week in a wool turtleneck and riding boots and it was fine (albeit a bit hot - but that’s all I had packed!).

I hope you had an awesome holiday!

- Pamela

25 Emily January 3, 2010 at 2:58 am

Your photos are awesome and you look so glamorous!! :) )

Don’t know why it’s taken me so long to come see your blog - I love it!

Happy New Year, xx
Emily´s last blog ..Bargain Hunter: my first proper shopping trip, plus 365 project: Day 2 My ComLuv Profile