Swan Sock Garters

by jennine on January 18, 2010

swan clothing sock garters

All the sudden I realized, I’m new to socks! Well, I was familiar with the concept…though this last year sock wearing slowly crept into my daily essentials. I never wore socks before… not since, elementary school. I mean, I’ve owned socks, like to wear to the gym, but not with any kind of outfit to be worn in public. This year I find that I like wearing socks with everything.

The lovely Swan Clothing (aka SwanDiamondRose) sent me a pair of sock garters I had been lusting over for some time. The lovely swan detail on the garter really adds the girly touch to a menswear-inspired undergarment. After going in public for just a few minutes one of the ladies in my building complimented the sock garters…saying she loved them and never seen anything like it! That really made me proud for Swan.

I found a pair of lace knee highs that I cut off the elastic top as the sock garters would now hold these ladies up! And echoed the lacy sentiment in the lace print dress. I would have taken the time to get some nicer pictures…but it was literally freezing out (that’s a pile of dirty snow behind me) out and as you can see I’m wearing a blazer and nylons! Everyone else wore puffy coats and ski hats!

Attire: Sock Garters by Swan Clothing • Blazer: Fillipa K • Dress and stockings : Target • Shoes: Lumiani

jesspgh January 18, 2010 at 10:30 am

Wow I love those! The layering of black hose with socks is very clever (since it is too cold to just wear socks where I am). The whole outfit is just lovely!
.-= jesspgh´s last blog ..Sale Roundup: Opening Ceremony, Orla Kiely, Built By Wendy =-.

jennine January 18, 2010 at 6:00 pm

i live in tights!

DailyDivaDish January 18, 2010 at 11:57 am

These are just darling!
XO Piper
.-= DailyDivaDish´s last blog ..Golden Globes Fashion =-.

Meruan January 18, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Are those spectator pumps older? I’ve been dying ( DYING) to get those exact shoes. But the options out there aren’t what I’m looking for: I don’t want cut-outs, or open toes, or crazy color combinations. I just want simple lace up two-tone wing tip pumps (aka the shoes you have!).

Mallory @ MissMalaprop January 18, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Cute! I’ve always been a sock fiend, but I’ve really been into lots of knee socks the last few years, usually paired with boots. I’ve seen those sock garters around though, and I love them!
.-= Mallory @ MissMalaprop´s last blog ..Picked By You! Eco-friendly Finds =-.

jennine January 18, 2010 at 6:01 pm

socks peeping out of boots are such a great look! especially colorful socks!

vee January 18, 2010 at 12:47 pm

interesting! i’ve never even seen sock garters. i’ve been living uder a rock and now i am enlightened!
-Vee

Alicia January 18, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I love SDR’s garters. So cute.
.-= Alicia´s last blog ..…iRock… =-.

Sweety P January 18, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Very fun! I need to try some sock garters!
.-= Sweety P´s last blog ..Sweety P’s CHIC: CONSUME, HISTORY, IMAGE, And CREDIT =-.

charles January 18, 2010 at 2:54 pm

great outfit, all around fab! =)
.-= charles´s last blog ..Movies Movies Movies =-.

Alana January 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm

What an interesting concept!
.-= Alana´s last blog ..Bagels and vintage yellow shoes =-.

Sheena January 18, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Those garters are adorable! I love the little swan detail on the garter, too! So cute!
.-= Sheena´s last blog ..Clandestine Giveaway: Perricone MD Advanced Face Firming Activator =-.

jennine January 18, 2010 at 6:02 pm

part of me wants to be covered in swans. well not real swans…they’r kinda dirty.

Clare January 18, 2010 at 6:44 pm

You look DARLING, and I love the Rodarte dress!
.-= Clare´s last blog ..Forget I’m a Lady =-.

WendyB January 18, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Sock garters are the kind of thing that make people of a certain age just shake their head. That said, you look cute!
.-= WendyB´s last blog ..Put the Blame on Kenneth Jay Lane =-.

SwanDiamondRose January 18, 2010 at 10:16 pm

hey sweet girl. you look great. i’m so glad you like them. I just moved all my new things into my new apt, and am sort of exhausted, and it was so nice to find you these pics! much xo and enjoy zee sock garterz!
.-= SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..sewing in the big city. SWANclothing sewing hint #1. =-.

dreamsequins January 18, 2010 at 10:29 pm

I freaking love this look on you! Can’t believe I never heard of sock garters before. I’m new to socks as well.
.-= dreamsequins´s last blog ..Designer Profile: Ajna =-.

Jenny January 18, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Whoa! I love it! The lace dress is my favorite of the Rodarte stuff. I love what you’ve done with it!

enc January 18, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Very clever execution on all fronts!
.-= enc´s last blog ..Toga, Toga, Toga! =-.

Annie Spandex January 19, 2010 at 12:16 am

Those are cute!
.-= Annie Spandex´s last blog ..See The Lights Of Town =-.

Retro Chick January 19, 2010 at 2:01 am

They look really good!

I love the tiny swan, so cute!
.-= Retro Chick´s last blog ..Define Your Style ❤ Part Five ❤ =-.

Girl-e Glasgow January 19, 2010 at 6:06 am

What a fantastic look! I’ve been reading about sock garters here and there, and it’s great to see them executed so perfectly.
.-= Girl-e Glasgow´s last blog ..These are a few of my favourite (Glaswegian) things… =-.

hanako66 January 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm

oh wow!! i absolutely, positively love love this outfit!
.-= hanako66´s last blog .."There’s a storm coming, Harry. And we all best be ready when she does." =-.

Audi January 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm

What a gorgeous look, Jennine. It has a retro feel, but it’s fresh and modern at the same time. Love how you put the lace socks over sheer hose. I’ve been eyeing those Swan sock garters, and after seeing this outfit I just might have to buy some!
.-= Audi´s last blog ..Equestrian Romantic =-.

Alice January 20, 2010 at 4:11 am

Lovely outfit! The garters look so good with the shoes.
.-= Alice´s last blog ..Neutral Zone for S/S 2010 =-.

Stella Mayfair January 20, 2010 at 4:22 am

while i like the idea (and the execution, which is lovely), i think these visually “cut” the legs – add the socks, you got two “cut lines” – which makes them look shorter and wider. not such a good look, imho.

but, since you have very nice legs anyway jennine, you might get away with it.

P. Series Stylist January 20, 2010 at 8:13 pm

These looks are cute.

Mary P. January 21, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I love the little heart created by the light and shadows right under your knee on that last picture. The world wanted to express its love for your leg-wear.

alexandra January 22, 2010 at 2:15 pm

oh gosh! i love this outfit! i’m actually not a sock person (i kinda hat them) but i’m willing to give them one more chance with cute garters like these! and my birthday is coming up, so i might have to add these babies to my wish list! thanks for the inspiration!
.-= alexandra´s last blog ..but there’s better people with more good to do =-.

birdie January 23, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I love sock garters - and I love the look with your lace dress. COVETCOVETCOVET.
.-= birdie´s last blog ..Links à la Mode : The Heavyweights =-.

THE SHOE GIRL January 24, 2010 at 1:46 am

My husband is sitting here and told me to tell you he loves them. I agree. <3
.-= THE SHOE GIRL´s last blog ..I Have To… =-.

Market Publique January 24, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Wow! This ouftit is adorable! Love the feminine lace dress and sheer hose with the menswear oxfords and sock garters!

bob January 26, 2010 at 7:11 am

hey, nice swan design, my girl friend has the exact same shoes

the sock girl January 29, 2010 at 12:37 pm

LOVE THESE. I also wanted to share my etsy site w/ sock garters. I must order some of these tho!!

{ 1 trackback }