This Week on Elle

by jennine on March 23, 2010

Have you seen the Runaways yet? I’m thinking about it…reaaally thinking about it, especially since Elle’s posted a bunch of stills from the film. Where I have a feeling it might be a little teen-washed, it would present such a visual treat as costume designer Carol Beadle explains how she developed the wardrobe for Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning. Punk and glam aside, the other part of me is hoping to grow my hair a few more inches to get the side braid on. Perhaps it’s time to invest in a fauxny tail? Maybe, I asked my sister if I could buy her perfect silky brown hair that goes to her waist. Why does she get the good hair?

• Jessica Simpson’s Hairstyles - Vote for the Price of Beauty star’s best dos through the years
  • Braid Hairstyles: New Twists for 2010 - Forget clean French braids and wear these textured alternatives instead
  • The Runaways Set Photos - Costume designer Carol Beadle on transforming Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning into Joan Jett and Cherie Currie
  • Trend Report: Southern Summer Sundresses - Look good enough to eat in homegrown Louisiana sundresses, denim, and sweet accessories inspired by True Blood’s Sookie Stackhouse
  • 2010 Makeup Artist Awards - The most in-demand makeup insiders give tips for creating a flawless look

Image Source: Apparition and Elle.com

This sponsored content is brought to you by Style Coalition.

Share and Enjoy:

1 Alexandra March 23, 2010 at 11:11 am

Those stills are stunning. I hope the script lives up to the visuals, though like you, I have my doubts.

Couldn’t you rock a faux-ny tail *while* you grow out your natural hair? Cover all bases, that’s what I say!
Alexandra´s last blog ..Breeyn McCarney F/W 2010 My ComLuv Profile

2 jennine March 24, 2010 at 10:56 am

we’ll see! i heard mixed reviews…so who knows?

3 Nickie Frye March 23, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I just heard about the movie today. Totally out of it. Would love to see it. Faux ponytails work for some, but I’m certain I’d have a faux-do malfunction so I just stay away.
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Pleated Hippie Blouse My ComLuv Profile

4 jennine March 24, 2010 at 11:00 am

haha fauxny malfunctions…they happen!

5 Annie Spandex March 23, 2010 at 10:25 pm

I’ve been a fan of the Runaways for years and can’t wait to see it. I’ll probably just wait for the DVD though. I hardly ever go to the movies!
Annie Spandex´s last blog ..What I Wore To Chicago My ComLuv Profile

6 Robyn March 23, 2010 at 11:15 pm

I’m super excited about the Runaways but, like Ms. Spandex, I’ll wait for the DVD. I’m kind of a cheapskate sometimes. :-/ I love the Wang braid too, but what to do with all that hair the rest of the time? Go for the faux and rock it hard.
Robyn´s last blog ..Lakme Fashion Week featuring GUEST BLOGGER Shot Couture! My ComLuv Profile

7 Mousevox Vintage March 24, 2010 at 9:32 am

Dakota Fanning has really grown up to be quite beautiful. I want to see this, too. xo.
Mousevox Vintage´s last blog ..MONDAY, MONDAY My ComLuv Profile