Chambray Day

by jennine on March 26, 2010

chambray dress

Yesterday, we talked about denim loving… I wasn’t kidding! But you see there is more than one way to make the denim look your own. Even though I do wear jeans a few times a week, and love the look…for most days dressing up means wearing a dress, something girly and pretty.

As a ‘thank you’ for the Evolving Influence conference,G-Star RAW sent over a little box of denim goodies, my favorite was this chambray dress by the Correct Line, which is their more tailored collection, including this lovely spring dress, which is perfect for me as it has a bit of vintage inspiration with the full skirt. I paired it with a vintage slip peeking out the bottom, and lace tights to girl it up a notch or two. It’s still a bit cold, so of course throwing on a blazer is the perfect way to add the layers and still maintain the lightness of the outfit.

Of course, the Wendy Brandes Diana Ring has to make an appearance, I wear it almost every day… It’s holding up great considering how abusive I am to clothes and jewelry!

How can I be in San Francisco, without the Bay Bridge making an appearance? For those of you who’ve never been here, we have a ‘famous bridge’ the Golden Gate, and ‘that other bridge’ Which I like just as much, but what do they expect, they camouflaged it! If they made it orange or yellow… or pink, we’d have another story going on here!

And my lovely shoes, seriously, I go through phases on my favorite shoes, and these are it right now, 1960’s black pumps, they’re so versatile!

Blazer: Filippa K • Dress: G-Star Raw Correct Line • Slip : Vintage • Shoes: Vintage • Tights : Urban Outfitters • Sunglasses : Target • Ring : Wendy Brandes

Share and Enjoy:

{ 2 trackbacks }

Blue Bagging It
April 5, 2010 at 10:50 am
Chambray or Denim?
April 26, 2010 at 8:22 am

1 Rococo Vintage March 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Gosh, lady! You are such a fox!! And I love the outfit… I may have to stage a Dress Like Jennine Day ;) I just love the look of vintage slips peeking out from under newer garments, which is a good thing, because it helps me to justify my staggering collection of them (me=future Hoarders subject?)

xx!!
Rococo Vintage´s last blog ..s + m My ComLuv Profile

2 jennine March 29, 2010 at 10:47 am

hhaah it would be so funny to see that! but yes, i love vintage slips!

3 DailyDivaDish March 26, 2010 at 1:16 pm

So cute! I would have never thought to put those tights with the chambray dress - but they look fantastic together.
XO Piper
DailyDivaDish´s last blog ..Currently Coveting My ComLuv Profile

4 jennine March 29, 2010 at 10:47 am

thanks!

5 hiyaluv March 26, 2010 at 1:46 pm

you are always so beautiful!
hiyaluv´s last blog ..March Madness-my poor, sad, bracket My ComLuv Profile

6 jordana March 26, 2010 at 1:51 pm

You look amazing in this outfit - so your style…classic with an edgy twist.
jordana´s last blog ..SPUN Spring 2010: Fanciful & Frilly My ComLuv Profile

7 Ashe Mischief March 26, 2010 at 2:11 pm

You look fabulous! I love the simplicity of this outfit… the solid dress, blazer, underskirt… the daring texture of the the tights…
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..IFB Presents: Links a la Mode My ComLuv Profile

8 The Obsessionista March 26, 2010 at 2:13 pm

wow! you have great style (but I guess you don’t need me to tell you that)! I would never have paired the tights with the chambray dress but it is perfection! I love the way the dress fits too.
The Obsessionista´s last blog ..Jodi Arnold for The Limited My ComLuv Profile

9 Michelle Ruiz March 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I love the dress! So cute! I also like the way you paired the tights and the lace under the dress! So very San Francisco of you ro layer! Great meeting you last night at 7×7’s Happier Happy Hour, and thanks for liking my shoes!

10 jennine March 29, 2010 at 11:27 am

it was really nice to meet you too! you’re so bubbly!

11 Robyn March 26, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Oh yes, the shoes! I really adore this chambray dress; I like that denim has become so much more diversified recently.
Robyn´s last blog ..Friday Funsies! My ComLuv Profile

12 dreamylacey March 26, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I like this retro look with the white under dress and lace visible

dreamylacey´s last blog ..Revue ANTIK BATIK My ComLuv Profile

13 Lola March 26, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I love the dress, it’s really pretty :)
Lola´s last blog ..How to create a page for your blog on Wikifashion….. My ComLuv Profile

14 Kate March 26, 2010 at 6:03 pm

oh my goodness, I love this dress, and I love the whole look! you did a fantastic job styling this! love!
Kate´s last blog ..Song of the Week! My ComLuv Profile

15 Kristin March 26, 2010 at 8:08 pm

One day Diana will be mine! LOVE that chambray frock.
Kristin´s last blog ..Vote for Pedro! (I mean Floyd!) My ComLuv Profile

16 Prêt à Porter P March 26, 2010 at 8:15 pm

You look AMAZING!!!!

17 WendyB March 26, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I love how you let Diana make so many guest appearances!

I also love how you styled the dress in a way that would never occur to me. We should do a photoshoot modeling the same clothes some day. I’ll show how they look totally plain and you’ll style them all fancy!
WendyB´s last blog ..Single White Female X 2 My ComLuv Profile

18 jennine March 29, 2010 at 11:28 am

haha, only if we can do it as a mime troop!

19 Skinnypurse March 26, 2010 at 10:45 pm

I’ve been loving chambray lately! That dress is great - you dressed it up perfectly with the pretty lace slip and tights. Your mention of the Bay Bridge is bringing back memories! I used to drive it from SF on the way to Chico to visit friends at school there. Oh the memories! I miss SF. :)
Skinnypurse´s last blog ..Sponsored Post: Win A Tempting Trip To Vegas, Plus Tons Of Beauty Goodies My ComLuv Profile

20 fashion frenzy online March 26, 2010 at 11:56 pm

So I’ve just discovered your blog and I love it :) You’re so darn cute and I love your style

fashion frenzy online´s last blog ..Just In Case You’re Interested.. My ComLuv Profile

21 FashionPea March 27, 2010 at 7:03 am

Beautiful dress, and the slip underneath adds so much! great styling!
Chambray is definitely one of my favorites, you made it look lovely. :) )
FashionPea´s last blog ..beach hair My ComLuv Profile

22 Mer March 27, 2010 at 11:11 am

Love those shoes!!
Mer´s last blog ..Quote of the Week-Dries Van Noten My ComLuv Profile

23 Carina March 27, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Lovee the outfit, so stylish!
Carina´s last blog ..I think I love White My ComLuv Profile

24 Margaret March 27, 2010 at 7:17 pm

So stunning :D
love your shoes xx
Margaret´s last blog ..Smatter. My ComLuv Profile

25 MarchMusings March 28, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Love the blue and black combo. I should try it sometime before winter hits the Southern Hemisphere and we have to go under cover of a coat everyday
MarchMusings´s last blog ..Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser My ComLuv Profile

26 jennine March 29, 2010 at 11:29 am

oh we pretty much have to wear a jacket every day in san francisco… but that’s why i like it here!

27 Icon Americana March 28, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Lovely photos! Very classy.

28 Madeleine Gallay March 28, 2010 at 9:04 pm

This is so wonderful, happy spring clothes all your own. Lovely ….
Madeleine Gallay´s last blog ..Olvera Street, Blessing of the Animals, Do Kittens Need Sunglasses? My ComLuv Profile

29 EmilyTroy March 29, 2010 at 2:44 am

I love her outfit! The hint of lace…just perfect!

xx Emily

thegirlwiththemask.blogspot.com

30 Midnight Cowgirl March 29, 2010 at 8:17 am

What a great dress!
Midnight Cowgirl´s last blog ..The Eye of the Beholder My ComLuv Profile

31 Kristina | Pretty Shiny Sparkly March 29, 2010 at 9:35 am

OH EM GEE….I was searching for chambray pieces this morning, no kidding. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I’m officially a convert! this is the cutest version of a chambray dress I’ve seen yet! I see a lot of rompers or menswear-style shirtdresses. good to see the femininity in this dress!
Kristina | Pretty Shiny Sparkly´s last blog ..A Very Vogue Alice in Wonderland My ComLuv Profile

32 jennine March 29, 2010 at 11:30 am

oh yes, i had my reservations about chambray too, but i think it’s only becuase there isn’t enough girly denim out there…

33 darling March 29, 2010 at 10:14 am

Wow! i never thought a white lacey cotton slip with black lace tights and pumps could all be leveled out with a chambray blue. it looks so great, perfectly classic!

34 Bella April 23, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Love that shot of you frolicking in front of the Bay Bridge! SF is one of my favorite cities :)
Bella´s last blog ..OOTD: Yarrrr Matey My ComLuv Profile