I’m at home

by jennine on May 3, 2010

Post image for I’m at home

Working from home today… well, the last few days. It’s been good, but most of all, since I left my old apartment for Germany, I haven’t felt like I have a home. I had places to live, but I always kind of felt like a guest. The past few months Rocky and I have been putting together our new home, and it’s starting to come together piece by piece. My favorite is our sofa, we looked around and around, and couldn’t find a nice looking comfortable sofa. All the comfortable ones look like giant pillows and all nice looking ones feel like church pews. This is the sofa I always wanted, a nice Mid-Century Danish sofa. Rocky picked up the lamp and side table yesterday. I’ll show you that later (we’re still working out what we want to do with it).

I have to say, it’s been fun thinking about furniture… a little more than shoes. It feel nice to nest in our new place, build a home.

PS. Apologies for the crumpled pillow! Next time I’ll fluff them right.

Monica May 3, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I like it! Do the arms come down & become side tables?
Monica´s last blog ..Bailey Cosmetics {event & review} My ComLuv Profile

jennine May 3, 2010 at 9:02 pm

You know what they do! And it also works as a day bed!

LuceBuona May 3, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I must say I´ve been having that craving of nesting my own house already… which sounds like a very average comment, but it gets a bit more meaningful if I tell you guys that I still don´t have a house of my own, but I´m pretty sure of who I want to nest with ;) hahaha.
Darn I´m soooo in love!

Great find Jennine, it´s seems like it gets a bit difficult to stand up and keep going, comfortable and good looking for sure ;)
…And your shoes are awesome darling!! I wish I could pull out that outfit myself!
LuceBuona´s last blog ..Si yo fuera.. / If I where… My ComLuv Profile

jennine May 3, 2010 at 9:03 pm

ahhh, yeah, it’s really nice when you can start making a home the way you want it. it’ll happen soon enough!

LuceBuona May 4, 2010 at 12:33 pm

:D Thank you!! As we say in my country: I wish you have Prophet´s voice Jennine!
LuceBuona´s last blog ..Si yo fuera.. / If I where… My ComLuv Profile

The Clothes Horse May 3, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I do like that sofa nearly as much as I like your shoes! I was looking for furniture for awhile and it was a fun hunt, although I ended up not needing any at the moment…
The Clothes Horse´s last blog ..Detail Of The Week: Twinkle Toes My ComLuv Profile

Ashe Mischief May 3, 2010 at 8:07 pm

“I have to say, it’s been fun thinking about furniture… a little more than shoes.”

I haven’t admitted it, but I’ve been having the same feelings since moving in to my new place back in NOLA… there’s something more satisfying about saving up to buy a new dresser than to buy a new pair of shoes. I feel like I lose blogger cred saying that though.
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup My ComLuv Profile

jennine May 3, 2010 at 9:05 pm

oh i’m not surprised! and yes, it is a bit more satisfying isn’t it, to have chest of drawers? we still need a shelf and some artwork…we’re almost there, almost.

Sandra @ DebutanteClothing May 3, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Oh I love your furniture (of course, it’s vintage)! I have more fun decorating my home than shopping sometimes as well. I had a sofa just like yours but we traded it in for a sofa and loveseat 30s club chair style set (reproduction). Your couch is making me miss mine!
Sandra @ DebutanteClothing´s last blog ..Vintage Find | 1950s Nettie Rosenstein Leopard Needlepoint Bag My ComLuv Profile

jennine May 3, 2010 at 9:06 pm

oh we have reproductions too.. they are nice in some ways because, well, they’re new, and flawless. i’d like to find more vintage furniture though… it’s got depth to it.

eliza May 3, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I had couches like growing up ! My mom and step dad had this strange fixation on vintage furniture…but more than that, I have to say that I noticed your shoes before anything else. Amazeballs. You rock them wonderfully. And I would kill for your sofa cushion pattern on a dress…reminds of Proenza Schouler for some reason, but orange, yellow and red instead of blue, green and yellow obviously…

Julia May 4, 2010 at 12:33 am

I love decorating a place to make it feel like home, it is very satisfying. I imagine it’s even better when you’ve got shoes like those you’re wearing though!
Julia´s last blog ..College My ComLuv Profile

fashion butter May 4, 2010 at 1:25 am

great couch! Loving that lamp too peeking out. :) and those SHOES. They are like a piece of beautiful furniture themselves. Swooooooooon!
fashion butter´s last blog ..Down the dirt stairs My ComLuv Profile

Clare May 4, 2010 at 2:42 am

Lovely sofa, very 70’s!

tweet tweet tweet

x
Clare´s last blog ..London Times: Meeting Fashionistable My ComLuv Profile

Graham Hutson May 4, 2010 at 3:19 am

That has kind of Missoni undertones. Like it!

Graham Hutson´s last blog ..Tourists: They all look the same My ComLuv Profile

Sweety P May 4, 2010 at 5:11 am

Killer shoes!
Sweety P´s last blog ..Oh, How Could I Forget About You My ComLuv Profile

Simply Luxurious May 4, 2010 at 5:50 am

I can see why you like this sofa - while structured, it is unique and in its own way inviting. By the way, love your tights!
Simply Luxurious´s last blog ..Laughter, Cheers and Debate My ComLuv Profile

Fajr | Stylish Thought May 4, 2010 at 6:42 am

Very cool! Decorating is always a welcome break from fashion, though the two are very related.

c.a. Marks May 4, 2010 at 6:44 am

Nice couch. Nice shoes.

K-Line May 4, 2010 at 6:46 am

Love it! And what a great, pensive photo of you.
K-Line´s last blog ..Totally Fun Tag My ComLuv Profile

Jean V. Pratt May 4, 2010 at 7:01 am

First of all, the shoes are fantastic!
Isn’t it so satisfying when you slowly bring a house together in your own way. It means so much more when it’s a reflection of who you are. xoxo
Jean V. Pratt´s last blog ..mellow monday My ComLuv Profile

WendyB May 4, 2010 at 8:35 am

I’m impressed that you’re wearing shoes in the house. I can barely be bothered to put on clothes.
WendyB´s last blog ..Mother’s Day Jewelry Sale Today My ComLuv Profile

veronika May 4, 2010 at 12:52 pm

mid-century modern couches are so gorgeous. i just got rid of my favorite one, a olive green wool sectional.
veronika´s last blog ..the big apple. My ComLuv Profile

Sabine May 4, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Isn’t it nice to work from home sometimes? I’m impressed by your choice of shoes; it’s normally Uggs for me when noone sees me.
Sabine´s last blog ..Wild Thing You Make My Heart Sink My ComLuv Profile

Nicole May 4, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I just found out you came back to San francisco! Remember me Fashion Forestry from Suzie bubbles posts? Well I am having a fashion show this friday..would you like to come? Information and pictures of some of my garments are in the latest posts on my blog. Anyway, it would mean a lot if you could come :)

Nicole Eymard

Skinnypurse May 4, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Great couch - I’ve been loving the mid-century look lately as well. Sometimes it’s fun to focus on decorating instead of fashion for a change…
Skinnypurse´s last blog ..ShopBop Coupon Code: Save 15%! My ComLuv Profile

anya May 10, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I have the same coffee table but I use it as a bench. Or is it a bench and you use it as a coffee table?

Congratulations on your new home!
anya´s last blog ..Item of the Week: Joe Fresh Chambray Tunic My ComLuv Profile

jennine May 10, 2010 at 9:51 pm

haha, that’s a good question, i think it’s offically a bench, but we use it as both.
jennine´s last blog ..Shoe D’Jour : Pierre Hardy for Gap My ComLuv Profile