Serial Cultura

by jennine on May 18, 2010

San Francisco may not be the fashion capital of the world, but there are a few great designers around here. Serial Cultura is one of those designers whose collections will be sold at OAK NYC next season, so keep an eye out on this label. I have been in contact with Jen Jennings, the designer for some time, but we didn’t meet until the AOK SF pop-up shop last month. Immediately I noticed how beautiful her scarf and blouse was, soft cottons and lush silks, with prints that could easily be works of art themselves. Serial Cultura’s signature is the original printing, and unique twists to classic pieces, a tee shirt, isn’t just a tee, it has cut to it that’s both flattering and modern.

As much as I love going to trunk shows, I think I need a new lens…the place was packed, and I could hardly get a good shot of the clothing on the racks. So I lifted the AW10 photos by Eva Kolenko to show some of what’s in store next season.

Worn in real life… Jen Jennings, the designer for Serial Cultura, the times I’ve seen her, she wears her own label so naturally.

Stylist for the AW10 shoot, Sharon Maloney, seen at the trunk show looking chic in Serial Cultura.

Share and Enjoy:

{ 1 trackback }

Picking Up Crumley
May 19, 2010 at 4:33 pm

1 dreamsequins May 18, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I’m in love with the prints and soft shape of these pieces. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos.
dreamsequins´s last blog ..Accessorize This: Sleek and Sexy Dressing for Gadgets My ComLuv Profile

2 eliza May 18, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I love discovering new designers! Those tops look so light and airy too…perfect for summer weather and really lovely prints as well. I wonder where Jen Jennings got that necklace? Do you happen to know if she made it? Really neat stuff..

3 jennine May 18, 2010 at 1:18 pm

oh yes, it’s made by a designer i’m going to feature tomorrow… but he uses her fabrics to create the pieces.
stay tuned!

4 eliza May 18, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I’ll check back tomorrow then :) can’t wait!

5 jennine May 19, 2010 at 4:38 pm
6 Alicia May 18, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Great prints.

7 Madeleine Gallay May 18, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Love indie designers … this is a really, really good thing to see their work and understand who they are and what the collection is about. Sometimes, maybe mostly, it’s just a quick walk-by a rail of clothes and if it’s not The Color or The Fabric it may never be discovered.
Madeleine Gallay´s last blog ..Greed Is Good and Everyone’s Drinking The Same Kool-Aid My ComLuv Profile

8 jennine May 19, 2010 at 4:41 pm

ooh yeah, it’s hard when you’re trying to discover indie designers, and all you have to guage is the racks…i personally love to see it in real life, or styled by someone to get a better idea of how it works. unfotunately you don’t get to see it often with indie designers.

9 Abby May 18, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Oh that printed top is so beautiful! I want it! I’ve never heard of her work! Thanks for sharing.
Abby´s last blog ..Chocolate Mint Tea My ComLuv Profile

10 jennine May 19, 2010 at 4:42 pm

you are very welcome. :)

11 WendyB May 18, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Nice shots!

12 Vyque May 18, 2010 at 4:09 pm

love it, can’t wait to see the pieces online at Oak!
Vyque´s last blog ..Studded Twill Trench My ComLuv Profile

13 jennine May 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm

yeah me too! also because it’s nice to have a hometown hero!

14 the clothing menu May 18, 2010 at 5:15 pm

thanks for sharing! i just looked at the spring collection on the serial cultura website and i really like the use of prints. here are some other good san francisco designers that i found last week - http://theclothingmenu.com/2010/05/san-francisco-independent-designers/
the clothing menu´s last blog ..real people wear clothes from independent designers My ComLuv Profile

15 jennine May 19, 2010 at 4:45 pm

oh cool.. it’s great to see more sf indie designers! thanks for the tip!

16 Cristina May 18, 2010 at 7:49 pm

What lens are you using now? Those are nice shots in quality but I can see how it’d be hard to get “full” shots in a packed space. I have a lens I love, but it’s 1:1 ( I use it to take pics of my jewelry and it’s perfect for that) it has such a great picture quality, but it sucks for taking pictures of anything else cause I have to go waaay backwards to get everything I want in the frame.
Cristina´s last blog ..New Look and New Work My ComLuv Profile

17 jennine May 19, 2010 at 4:44 pm

oh i’m using a 50mm f1.8, it’s great for outfit shots outdoors but you have to get so far away to get a good photo. which is a pain for anything indoors.

18 Diana May 19, 2010 at 4:41 am

I need to know what shoes is Jen wearing?? They are amazing!

Her collection is sooo pretty btw…

19 Sally May 19, 2010 at 6:18 am

Wow. Gorgeous prints and dynamite construction. What a great line!
Sally´s last blog ..Reader Request: How to Wear Smaller Scarves My ComLuv Profile