Where Have I Been?

by jennine on June 3, 2010

How did this happen? It’s been a month, over a month, since I’ve done an outfit post. I used to do them once a week, but now it’s like I’ve hit a slump, not that I don’t like my outfits, I do, I just don’t know if they are internet worthy. Who knows what this is about, is it the amazing outfits that are already out there? Is it that I don’t feel up to snuff? Is it that I’m just sick of myself? Is it that I feel the pressure to not just have an outfit that I like but something that is amazing, that has a wow factor?

To tell the truth it might be a little of all those things, and what it all boils down to is, I’m in an outfit-post-funk. It wouldn’t be so bad, except that it’s partially what The Coveted is, personal style.  Lately I’m not even sure what my own personal style is, it seems to have been heavily influenced by everything around, it’s hard to tell what’s what anymore.  Maybe this happens to everyone in the fashion industry (if you can even say I’m in the fashion industry), or maybe it’s just my own impressionability, but either way… it’s time for a break. Besides I’m having fun talking about what other people are wearing, and what other people are doing. It takes a lot of pressure off, and other people are way more interesting.

Lately my outfits have been somewhat more relaxed. Nothing fancy. Just jeans and a blazer, with various accessories.  I could have an an elaborate story behind them, but mostly it boils down to comfort style. I tried classing it up, but really, running around the city with a huge bag hasn’t allowed for the most delicate of attire. Tonight I’m going out taking photos of  The SF Style and then off to First Thursdays to take photos of people wearing denim…

Wearing: Blazer : Filippa K • Jeans : Era of Chaos • Scarf : Courtesy of Market Publique • Blouse: Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier • Earrings : Courtesy of Liz Larios • Rings: Swarovski, Wendy Brandes, Picnic SF • Cuff: Market Publique

Photos by my lovely friend: Carrie Hoehnen

Share and Enjoy:

1 Clare June 3, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Well, in any case, you look absolutely radiant in these pictures. I love the scarf, and those jeans are so fun!
Clare´s last blog ..To Think of Cinnamon My ComLuv Profile

2 Fashiongrail June 3, 2010 at 1:55 pm

LOVE your rings!
Fashiongrail´s last blog ..Pink Floyd My ComLuv Profile

3 Ashe Mischief June 3, 2010 at 1:55 pm

God, that second picture of you is bloody perfect. I seriously love it. (And the top one, too, to be honest).

AND GIRLLLLL I totally get you on the whole… like all of it. Are my outfits internet worthy? (I don’t really think mine are.) How much are we influenced by others’ styles, how much of it seeps in to ourselves, so we don’t know our own style anymore…. I think it happens, a lot. I have to question my wants a lot when I see things I get excited over-whether I’d actually wear it… whether I really want it, or want the idea of it… it can be great for getting us to push ourselves and try new things, but we can end up with useless and unworn pieces that way too…
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..Times Like These Time & Time Again My ComLuv Profile

4 jennine June 4, 2010 at 1:04 pm

yeah, what happened? when did we start asking those questions whether our outfits were internet worthy or not? it’s so hard to tell, but i think with your blog it’s nice for us to see you, because you post outfits so rarely. it’s a good way to touch base and let us know who you are.

5 Ashe Mischief June 4, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I’m also curious who and what decided which outfits ARE internet worthy? Afterall… why would Rumi’s outfits be moreso than mine, especially when half the time they are oversized t-shirts and cut off shorts, or a simple body con dress? For some bloggers, I feel like it’s really less about their outfit, and how showy the photography can be.

With me blog, I think it IS nice to get myself on there more. I’m not an anonymous blogger, and sometimes I feel like my own personal connection is really necessary to keep it moving along.

Even though you feel really relaxed in your style lately, I don’t think they’re not worth sharing. Summer does that to our style (hi, I’m in a tank & leggings when I’m home). But you’re doing it, that relaxed summer style, but with panache.

6 Tami June 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm

It’s good to relax once in a while. You’ll be inspired again. I love that another photog is taking your pics! Different yet a very pretty and personal perspective.
Tami´s last blog ..iPad Leather Covers from April in Paris My ComLuv Profile

7 jennine June 4, 2010 at 1:05 pm

yes, relaxing, that’s the best part! it’s also great to have another photographer take the pics, makes it so much easier…so much.

8 Michele G. June 3, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Stunning! You need to do more of these posts! Casual, tres chic!

9 Midtown Girl June 3, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Love that profile pic - you are stunning!

10 Madeleine Gallay June 3, 2010 at 3:03 pm

You’re doing a lot … several blogs and IFB. Easy days of spring and your reflective period is good. It seems a good thing.
Madeleine Gallay´s last blog ..Something Beautiful: Joseph Cornell Karen Kilimnik Sprueth Magers London My ComLuv Profile

11 jennine June 4, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Oy three blogs.. thanks for reminding!

12 The Clothes Horse June 3, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Oh man, I love those jeans. Regular outfit posts can be intense!
The Clothes Horse´s last blog ..Shop My Closet My ComLuv Profile

13 jennine June 4, 2010 at 1:46 pm

honestly, I don’t know how you do it! it’s amazing!

14 agnes June 3, 2010 at 3:13 pm

you look so so lovely and beautiful! same goes for me..and for the second I’ve got no set up and no one who could take pics of me, hehe! but you look wonderful! love love that folk scarfs!
agnes´s last blog ..Anthropologie arrives for June… My ComLuv Profile

15 good girl gone blog June 3, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Jennine, you look absolutely stunning in these photos. You’re glowing!
good girl gone blog´s last blog ..Lemon Love My ComLuv Profile

16 Sabine June 3, 2010 at 3:32 pm

A lovely outfit and a beautiful portrait. The idea that we have to come up with new, spectacular outfits can become quite a pressure, but I think that most bloggers actually want to see wearable, interesting outfits (like yours), which is why street style blogs are so popular, I guess.
Sabine´s last blog ..Do It Like Michelle My ComLuv Profile

17 Emily Allred June 3, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Your rings are so adorable! That’s something I feel like I need more of.

18 @chicspace June 3, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Love this look! I find that when I’m going through a style change (about every 3- 4 years I change my style somewhat violently), I sometimes find myself in a proverbial sargasso sea of what to wear. It might be that you’re thinking about changing things up…which it sounds like you’re doing anyway!

19 Casey June 3, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I love your outfit! You manage to make the classic jeans and blazer look seem fresh and artsy! It’s all about the accessories and attitude, gal! ;)

I know exactly what you mean about “blog worthy” outfits… I think that is part of the reason I’m so wishy-washy about posting them myself… Half the time I don’t think my outfits are anything special-but perhaps I’ve let myself be too influenced by the idea that things have to be “perfect” to be blogged about? I know this is one thing I’m trying to get better about-not getting so caught up in perceived expectations of the blogworld. ;)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com
Casey´s last blog ..sponsor spotlight: june My ComLuv Profile

20 jennine June 4, 2010 at 1:48 pm

it’s strange the notion of ‘perfect’ for blogging… but i think it boils down to which outfits look good in real life also translate well in photos. i think that’s the kicker. that said, i always enjoy seeing your outfit photos…so lovely!

21 Becca June 3, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I like this outfit but what I love most are your amazing rings - they are fantastic!!! wow.
Becca´s last blog ..This Bird Has Flown My ComLuv Profile

22 rach June 3, 2010 at 10:57 pm

u look like a little elf!!!!! so damm cute!!!!!!

23 fashion butter June 4, 2010 at 2:20 am

you look beautiful. Lusting over that cuff!
fashion butter´s last blog ..Short-sighted My ComLuv Profile

24 Retro Chick June 4, 2010 at 4:06 am

You look wonderful as ever!

Outfits don’t need to “internet worthy” dress for yourself, not the internet and if people like it, they read it. But I guess that’s what you’re saying, about being influenced by external factors.

25 jennine June 4, 2010 at 1:48 pm

i love your philosophy on this, it’s so true,getting back to dressing for your self is so important.

26 Sally June 4, 2010 at 6:17 am

Outfit funks can be hard to shake. But you look just gorgeous here, lady!
Sally´s last blog ..Figure Flattery Priorities: A Follow-up My ComLuv Profile

27 veronika June 4, 2010 at 6:23 am

i love the fit of the jeans - you look really lovely.
veronika´s last blog ..biking out to valley forge. My ComLuv Profile

28 Deepti June 4, 2010 at 9:47 am

hie there ! long time no see ! i love your relaxed outfits. you look absolutely great in them. this is my favorite outfit of you till date. this is how i like to dress too whenever i want to break from my own personal ‘dressing up like a girl’ project. your high waisted jeans and those buttons on them is super kick-ass. love them to bits!! can i have them ? pretty please ?!
Deepti´s last blog ..Dee Cee Two My ComLuv Profile

29 jennine June 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm

oh thank you.. you’re so good to me. :)
but yeah, i dont know if you’d want these actual jeans, i’ve worn them so many times!

30 WendyB June 4, 2010 at 11:42 am

I love those jeans…glad you still have them! I’m going to steal your nice picture of the Diana of course.
WendyB´s last blog ..On the Town: Ting Tings & Richard Prince T-Shirts My ComLuv Profile

31 DWJ June 4, 2010 at 12:17 pm

That second picture of you is pretty damn gorgeous. I guess the break is doing you well ;)
DWJ´s last blog ..Friday’s Fabulousness | Pampering Is In Order My ComLuv Profile

32 Iva June 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm

you look beautiful!!!! seriously. So happy to see pictures of you :)
Iva´s last blog ..I Have A Broken Toe…Not a Broken Spirt! My ComLuv Profile

33 Nickie Frye June 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Beautiful as usual! I was wondering where you were! No pressure though. :) xoxo
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..vintage Fringed Scarf with Metallic Thread My ComLuv Profile

34 pretty face June 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Yes, but your accessorising and face are so beautiful you look regal even in a pair of jeans and tshirt!

35 Alicia June 4, 2010 at 4:19 pm

You do casual so well though, so why not?!!?

I’ve been going through a similar thing, so I know what you mean. No worries, though. I love everything you post up here. =D

36 Valerie June 5, 2010 at 1:12 am

The truth is, I actually prefer seeing casual kind of outfits on blogs to fancy ones. Those are the most inspiring. Fancy is nice once in a while, but inspiration from the everyday is way more fascinating. It’s part of a blogger’s appeal, I think. That we are real girls wearing real outfits and don’t have an unlimited designer wardrobes and probably can’t afford to dish a month’s rent on a pair of shoes. Anyway, I hope you find a way out of your rut (ugggh, those are the worst!).

37 Kola June 6, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I’ve never thought to wear a ring on each finger! you learn something new every day! :)