Cynthia Rowley Resort 2011: A Close-up view

by jennine on June 23, 2010

cynthia rowley glasses

Sometimes I feel like summer style is the middle child of fashion. As are the Resort Collections that don’t really have the glitzy glamor of Holiday Collections as most of us tend to lounge around in that tank top/cut-off shorts/flip flops combo during the hottest months. So when I had the chance to view the Cynthia Rowley Resort 2011 collection, I had to do it, because lord knows I needed to dress up my summer wardrobe.

I really love the girly themes Cynthia Rowley sticks with. Each collection is definitely for that vintage inspired femme du jour. This collection is no exception, with a wonderful coral print bandeau bikini with the high waisted boy-short, with a rubberized polka dot cardigan. All the silks had a flow about them with quirky details, like an asymmetric hem, or a slash, or a tassel. My favorites were the accessories, floral print leathers, woven denim platform shoes, and of course her sunglasses, which are amongst my favorites.

I love the longer lengths… oh boy, it’s time for that. Also, take note of the denim dress, you can’t really see here, but it’s paneled with a sheer silk. So pretty.

I didn’t see this in the lookbook, but here’s a gorgeous coral print dress, so pretty!

And the accessories, I have to say again, adorbs.

I am in LOVE with that fish necklace!

Here are some sunglasses for next year…

• Posterous

Midtown Girl June 23, 2010 at 11:48 am

I can totally see you in that coral dress!! Loving the uber pretty accessories too ;-) Glad you had a safe trip back home, darling <3

jennine June 23, 2010 at 5:51 pm

omg i wish i had that dress!

fashion butter June 23, 2010 at 12:04 pm

whoa, I am IN LOVE with that navy/sky blue dress. I mean LOVE.
fashion butter´s last blog ..White white white white white My ComLuv Profile

jennine June 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm

isn’t it pretty?

Tami June 23, 2010 at 12:14 pm

That coral print dress is soooooo lovely. It could belong on the Mad Men wardrobe ;)
Tami´s last blog ..Sweet Jo’s - Flavorful Comfort Food in Laurel Heights My ComLuv Profile

Deepti June 23, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Thats a gorgeous collection!!
Deepti´s last blog ..Chambray My ComLuv Profile

good girl gone blog June 23, 2010 at 12:30 pm

That coral print dress is amazing!
good girl gone blog´s last blog ..Dear Thibault My ComLuv Profile

DailyDivaDish June 23, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I have to agree with you on the fish necklace - it’s amazing!
XO Piper
DailyDivaDish´s last blog ..Currently Coveting: White Handbags My ComLuv Profile

jennine June 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

it’s my new obsession, esp, since i’m a pieces

dreamylacey June 23, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I love the accessories and the dress you are showing us is also amazing!

dreamylacey´s last blog ..Parisienne by YSL My ComLuv Profile

FortyNotOut June 23, 2010 at 2:47 pm

The dress, those amazing shoes and the last pair of sunnies are all gorgeous. What a beautiful collection! x

WendyB June 23, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I’m very taken with the shoes.
WendyB´s last blog ..WendyB Talks With the Washington Post My ComLuv Profile

jennine June 23, 2010 at 5:53 pm

i can totally see you in them!

Nickie Frye June 23, 2010 at 5:21 pm

The fish necklace is amazing. I just scored a vintage Napier articulated fish necklace that is sort of similar. I love those longer length dresses, too. So pretty!
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Nutsa Modebadze My ComLuv Profile

jennine June 23, 2010 at 5:53 pm

you always find the best stuff!

Toby Wollin June 23, 2010 at 6:08 pm

A rubberized cardigan?
Toby Wollin´s last blog ..Twill, Baby, Twill My ComLuv Profile

queengilda June 23, 2010 at 10:06 pm

so cute!! yes, i do love those sunglasses. and more than that, i love that pink dress with a vintage feel and all over print. it’ll probably look silly on my body type though. i’m definitely gonna keep an eye out for it to try on!!
queengilda´s last blog ..the thesis process My ComLuv Profile

Tamara June 24, 2010 at 12:40 am

Oh, totally in love with those shades!

Casey June 24, 2010 at 3:04 am

Oh my gosh-everything is crazy good! I tend to like Cynthia Rowley’s collections anyway (for the feminine style she leans towards, as you pointed out), but this one is fantastic. Especially the bikini with the coral print-how gorgeous is that?!

Thanks for sharing these! :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Retro Chick June 24, 2010 at 6:57 am

I am now completely and utterly in love with that coral dress. It’s going to haunt my dreams!
Retro Chick´s last blog ..How To Look Like a Million When You Feel Like 20p My ComLuv Profile

m.fay June 24, 2010 at 7:02 am

oh….those purses AND sunglasses, i can’t get enough. love, love, LOVE! thanks for sharing these awesome finds.

m.fay of amateurcouture
m.fay´s last blog ..prada love My ComLuv Profile

Mish June 24, 2010 at 9:13 am

I heart the tortoise pair of sunnies. So modern and fresh. xo Mish
Mish´s last blog ..Harem, dhoti, slouchy My ComLuv Profile

Trinidad Pena June 24, 2010 at 9:46 am

I liking the accessories more than the clothes. I LOVE the sunglasses! They are too cute!
Trinidad Pena´s last blog ..Hump Day Hooray! The Kitchen Sink Edition My ComLuv Profile

Tiffany June 24, 2010 at 12:31 pm

You look great in those sunglasses!

XOXO,

Anna @ShoeHunting June 24, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Those shoes are just amazing!!!
Anna @ShoeHunting´s last blog ..Interview With Shuella Founder Rebecca Miller My ComLuv Profile

Sheena June 24, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I am in love with that belt and especially that fish necklace! I would love to add those to my closet!
Sheena´s last blog ..Black is the color of my true love My ComLuv Profile

Trinidad June 25, 2010 at 8:40 am

The pink dress as really grown on me!
Trinidad´s last blog ..What’s on (Sample) Sale! 6-25 My ComLuv Profile

Pipuchi June 26, 2010 at 11:34 am

I love the fish necklace! It is great!

vivian June 27, 2010 at 11:25 pm

so true about the flip flops and tank ordeal. good thing is, i have work , where the dress is “busines casual” so i have to try to some extent. regardless, these are all so beautiful. love the heels with the weave pattern and that necklace. cynthia rowley always exudes the right amount/type of femininity imo, and her collections are always so well-thought out and put together :)

<33 [v] hobovogue

Market Publique June 29, 2010 at 11:52 am

Whoa! I love that coral print!
And love love love that fish necklace. It’s really similar to this vintage one I saw in Austin (http://blog.marketpublique.com/content/shopping-in-austin-with-tina-from-violetville-vintage) - totally kicking myself for not buying it!

{ 10 trackbacks }

• Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup: June 24th | Independent Fashion Bloggers
  • Links à la Mode: Fashion History, Doing it Yourself, and Breaking Stereotypes | Miss Vinyl Ahoy
  • Links à la Mode: Fashion History, Doing it Yourself, and Breaking Stereotypes | fasshonaburu
  • Otherworldly Plants & Links à la Mode | meowsk
  • Beauty and Fashion Links à la Mode: Fashion History, Doing it Yourself, and Breaking Stereotypes | hello beauty!
  • Links à la Mode: Fashion History, DIY & Breaking Sterotypes
  • Links a la Mode, June 4th : Wicked Whimsy
  • Fashion History, Doing it Yourself, and Breaking Stereotypes: Links à La Mode | Bonne Vie
  • Links à la Mode: Fashion History, Doing it Yourself, and Breaking Stereotypes » Online Shopping
  • Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup: June 24th | IFB Test