Public Speaking on Fashion Blogs

by jennine on July 28, 2010

norwegian wood dress

Today I’m furiously typing away as there are some big things coming up in the next week… well tomorrow actually. Tomorrow I head down to Mountain View to give a Google Talk mostly for my involvement with Independent Fashion Bloggers. And then, next week I’m off to Blogher. It’s all kind of nerve wracking as I’m pretty much all in the moment 99% of the time, taking a look at everything that I’ve experienced over the last three years and talking about it, is kind of crazy. Tomorrow I’m wearing the dress I bought from Norwegian Wood.. Ever since I wrote about the new collection, I knew I had to have this dress. I haven’t properly styled it here, as really, that presentation isn’t going to write it self.

GStyle, Google Offices, Mountain View July 29th

It’s a huge honor to be invited there,Google has got to be one of the most innovative companies in the world.  The fact that they are taking interest in fashion online is one of the best validators a blogger can ask for. For all these years bloggers have been in a strange place, between a world that does not embrace technology (fashion) and a world that does not embrace fashion (techies). Fashion/Clothing/Shopping  did not even make a subject bloggers blog about in Technorati’s 2009 State of the Bloggosphere which indicates just how small we are. And 2009 was the year people said blogging hit the mainstream. Hopefully, they’ll post the video on the Google Talks YouTubechannel, but until then, wish me luck!

Blogher Conference NYC, August 6th 1:15-2:30 pm

Quite possibly the largest and most influential women’s blogging network, the Blogher Conference is something that everyone should keep an eye on. What’s been going on in the Mommy Blog sector is also happening here in Fashion Blogging and there is a lot of cross over between the two. The panel I will be speaking on Passions: This Year Fashion is Serious Business with Sarah Conley from Style IT and Nichelle Pace from STYLEMOM we’ll talk about what’s it like to be a fashion blogger.

I really hope you can make it!

Dena July 28, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Good luck!!! I’m sure you will do an amazing job!

Catie July 28, 2010 at 12:20 pm

This is super exciting. I’m totally proud of you, Jennine! Now go knock ‘em dead.

...love Maegan July 28, 2010 at 12:22 pm

I love the dress …and the shoes ~ Good luck with your forums. I got involved with the Google fashion sector because I knew you were a part of it so I figured it must be legit. But I wonder still why you don’t have BlogHer sponsor your blogs ;)
.-= …love Maegan´s last blog ..All that Ive got are the Memories of Tuesday =-.

jennine July 28, 2010 at 1:18 pm

oh cool! tony is amazing, and i believe it’s an important program for fashion bloggers, so i’m glad you’re part of it.
yeah, blogher is great, but i haven’t done network ads except on few occasions, only now, I’m going to go with style coalition because they’ve been really good to me.

Le Petít July 30, 2010 at 9:10 am

Hi Maegan. Please tell me more about Google fashion. I’m a new blogger and could really use the exposure. I’d appreciate your help! I love your last outfit post - excellent photos.
~Leanne
.-= Le Petít´s last blog ..From Preppy to Pretty- The New J Crew =-.

Stylepint July 28, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Wow! That’s awesome and congrats on your talks, Jennine. I’m sure you’ll be great at Google and Blogher! =)
.-= Stylepint´s last blog ..The Look- Double Florals =-.

Florrie July 28, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I really love both the dress and shoes! They look lovely.
Good luck!! You’re an amazing blogger and I’m sure you’ll be brilliant. :)

Florrie x
.-= Florrie´s last blog ..College fashion- Clothes Show Live =-.

Penny Dreadful Vintage July 28, 2010 at 1:10 pm

That dress doesn’t need to be styled, it is lovely all by itself. Good luck!
.-= Penny Dreadful Vintage´s last blog ..Afternoon Tea at The Milestone in London =-.

Trinidad Pena July 28, 2010 at 1:28 pm

That’s so exciting! I’m sure you will knock their socks off!
.-= Trinidad Pena´s last blog ..TBS Gives it up! A 25 dollar restaurantcom gift card that is! =-.

Citizen Rosebud July 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Hope you have a good time at both events. And keep us posted on the haps.
.-= Citizen Rosebud´s last blog ..Blue Danube =-.

Eboni Ife July 28, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Good Luck! I just know you’re going to do fabulous. I can’t wait to hear all about it.

Oh, and that necklace looks divine with that dress.

xoxo,
Eboni Ife’
.-= Eboni Ife´s last blog ..Go Cami Crazy!!! =-.

Grit and Glamour July 28, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Jennine, the necklace is famous with that dress! Just like you’re going to be after these talks. And I’m glad, because you have worked so hard and you are a FANTASTIC representative for the fashion blogging community. Get ‘em girl!

♥ V

.-= Grit and Glamour´s last blog ..StyleLust- BCBG Fall 2010 Accessories =-.

dreamsequins July 28, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Congratulations, Jennine. This is the culmination of hard work. So proud of you! You deserve all of the accolades and the speaking engagements. Kudos to you. And I hope to see you at Blogher, if I can get a spot to hear you speak! xx
.-= dreamsequins´s last blog ..The Pursuit of Cool =-.

Maria July 28, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Sounds fun! Love the dress, you look lovely :) Are you by any chance attending BlogWorld?

xoxo Maria
.-= Maria ´s last blog ..Links a la Mode- part four =-.

Angeline July 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm

That’s awesome…congratulations on the gigs! I’m sure you will knock ‘em dead.
.-= Angeline´s last blog ..So close I can see it =-.

Alida July 29, 2010 at 12:56 am

Arg! I leave New York the 5th!! oh well. Good Luck! I’m sure you will do great at
both occasions

Casey July 29, 2010 at 4:06 am

I’m so excited to hear you’ve got these amazing opportunities! Wishing you the best of luck with both!!! :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Nickie Frye July 29, 2010 at 7:14 am

Oh wow, I wish I could go to that Blogher conference! What an exciting opportunity, this is a big deal! I wonder if they will stream video at all?
.-= Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Smoke THIS =-.

Bethany July 29, 2010 at 8:25 am

I’m excited to be going to BlogHer for the first time, and am keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll find a seat for your panel!
.-= Bethany´s last blog ..Talking Crafty Blogging with Etsy! =-.

Clare July 29, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Aw, you’re going to be amazing. :)
.-= Clare´s last blog ..I Dig You Cause Your Fashion Is So Keen =-.

meligrosa July 29, 2010 at 7:49 pm

ur such a cutieeeeeeee <3
hugs my luv
xxo.m

Katie July 30, 2010 at 7:01 am

Good luck! Knock their socks off!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..You Should be Dancing =-.

StyleBite July 30, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Busy Girl! The BlogHer conference looks very interesting. I’ve been on their network for a couple years, but haven’t really been back to visit the site in a while. Gotta check it out again. Safe travels. xoxo
.-= StyleBite´s last blog ..Glass Eye Candy- Jane D’Arensbourg Jewelry =-.

AngieMontreal August 1, 2010 at 10:04 am

Hope it went well, I’m sure you knocked their socks off!!