Glimpses of Summer

by jennine on August 4, 2010

I’m in New York this week for a lot of reasons. It seems New York is calling a lot. I love it. My friend Drea said I had to do something not-work-related for an afternoon and took Rocky and I out to the beach. I haven’t been to the beach in a very long time, and I certainly haven’t felt the summer spirit, well, all summer. Which, if you’re a regular reader, already know.

It was so, nice, the Long Beach (not California) is so beautiful. Beautiful sand, warm water. Gentle breeze. I had to give summer an homage… so I guess it turns out, I didn’t take the afternoon off anyhow, but it was so much fun.

That’s Drea (above)! Not that I wouldn’t befriend a speckled sea gull (below).

My new orange pedi, in the sand.Random boy.
Two cone salute.

1 StyleBite August 4, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Looks so relaxing! What color is that on your toes??
StyleBite´s last blog ..Weekly Sale Bite- Best Sales and Coupon Codes My ComLuv Profile

2 jennine August 4, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Oh you know, I don’t know it was at the nail salon…and OPI color… it looked more sherbety in the bottle but came out perfect.

3 Midtown Girl August 4, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I love that orange color!! I forget to get my canteloup pedi shade last time - you just reminded me <3

4 Tami August 4, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Such retro colors….love it. Brings a nostalgic feel to the post.
Tami´s last blog ..National Watermelon Day Cocktails My ComLuv Profile

5 SwanDiamondRose August 4, 2010 at 12:40 pm

i’m just going to say yey! for the beach time. i sit by my open door and look at trees and get thrilled by tiny summer breezes. that’s how i quality up my life. next summer, i swear, time off!
SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..The newly new SWANclothing Floral Lasso tote Photos and lots of words 6 My ComLuv Profile

6 grit and glamour August 4, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Beautiful images, and I love your orange pedi. Can’t wait to hear what you have in store for NY…I need to know so I can book a ticket!

♥ V
grit and glamour´s last blog ..WVW- Leopard- Take 2 My ComLuv Profile

7 Nadine August 4, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Beautiful photography - I can almost smell the beach…in a good way!
Love your toes, I’ve got to do some orange on my toes!
Nadine´s last blog ..Even Dior Construction is Classy! My ComLuv Profile

8 Laura Kim Connell August 4, 2010 at 5:39 pm

That Drea’s got some sexy back :)

9 Lisa August 4, 2010 at 7:42 pm

hehe, that cone is out of control! :)
Lisa´s last blog ..My Stumps My Stumps My ComLuv Profile

10 Foley August 5, 2010 at 1:13 am

Oh great photos! You make me wanna go to the sea ^^ I’ll be in New York in september and totally looking to go to beach there, just to see how a New yorker beach looks like :)
Foley´s last blog ..Miam miam des blogs! My ComLuv Profile

11 Casey August 5, 2010 at 5:30 am

I’ve been trying to get to the beach a bit more often this summer… it just hasn’t happened really! :p Love all these pictures though-it looks like you had a nice, relaxing day. Love your orange nail polish too!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

12 charles August 5, 2010 at 8:32 am

aww i love this post! so many fabulous photos! xx
charles´s last blog ..back to basics My ComLuv Profile

13 WendyB August 5, 2010 at 9:08 am

I hear that you’re a good licker.
WendyB´s last blog ..Ossie Clark Is Fugging Fabulous My ComLuv Profile

14 Trinidad Pena August 5, 2010 at 9:16 am

Love the orange pedi!
Trinidad Pena´s last blog ..Socialites in the Kitchen- Scrumptious Shrimp Ceviche My ComLuv Profile

15 daisybabie August 5, 2010 at 10:43 am

Marvel Dairy Whip! Perfect for a warm summers day surrounded by the ocean breeze. Sounds like you guys had a marvelous afternoon, hon. :o )

16 dolls and guys August 5, 2010 at 2:13 pm

that cone looks too good!
dolls and guys´s last blog ..Prada a-w 2010 - glasses My ComLuv Profile

17 devilishlypleasurable August 5, 2010 at 7:32 pm

great shots :)

18 Francesca August 7, 2010 at 1:39 am

Just love those evocative photos. Colours and ambience, love it ! Keep up the great work :)