So Chaud, I Bought It Twice.

by jennine on August 15, 2010

so chaud

Every now and then I find a lipstick I can’t live without. Most the time, I like a lipstick, then I lose it, and as soon as it’s lost it’s gone from my mind too. I’ll go back to replenish my lipsticks and pick new colors. This summer, I bought So Chaud by MAC, this particular shade of orange is heavy on the red tones, but it’s not quite red, more causal and playful. I had seen orange lipstick around, and thought to give it a try. Runway lips are hard for me, black lipstick anyone? Not for me. Orange on the other hand could work, I look good in orange. It’s one of those colors that people overlook, we don’t see many orange clothes, yet it’s so pretty.

About a week after I bought So Chaud, it disappeared. Maybe it’s in some handbag, jacket, suitcase, maybe it’s in a shoe somewhere. I don’t know, it’s gone. It should have left my mind like all the other lipsticks lost. But no, I kept reaching for it like some kind of phantom hand, only it was a phantom lipstick. So finally, after about a month, of not having it, I picked up another tube. Maybe now, the first one will reappear. Isn’t that how it always works?

1 Adiel August 15, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Love the shade on you! I want to try it now!
Adiel´s last blog ..Another Goodbye My ComLuv Profile

2 Nadine August 15, 2010 at 3:38 pm

One of my closest friends buys 2 of every lipstick she buys - one for bag one for dressing table. I’ll have to share this post with her!
Nadine´s last blog ..Footwear and its incredi-mule advancement My ComLuv Profile

3 WendyB August 15, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I have this one too! But I was hoping it would be more orange on me. Alas, it is more red.
WendyB´s last blog ..Looking for Leather Shorts My ComLuv Profile

4 jennine August 15, 2010 at 3:56 pm

oh yeah, in some lights it looks really red, in some, orange… i kinda like that.

5 Sarah August 15, 2010 at 3:51 pm

It really does suit you! I have Ruby Woo and I find it a bit too matte as I like my lipstick to glide on and feel smooth. Might have to try So Chaud!
Sarah´s last blog ..Studs & Stripes My ComLuv Profile

6 jennine August 15, 2010 at 3:57 pm

yeah, this is pretty matte, but it’s not too bad, you can also add with gloss

7 Originalprototype August 15, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I like this color- I have really fun shaped lips and I can never find a lip color that is right for my skin tone. Wish I could though

8 Originalprototype August 15, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I meant funny shaped :)

9 godo August 15, 2010 at 4:19 pm

oh yeah, that’s definitely your color
godo´s last blog ..owl statue My ComLuv Profile

10 Emily August 15, 2010 at 4:43 pm

You are SO going to find that lost lipstick! It’s a great color and looks lovely on you!
Emily´s last blog ..Fridays Photo 5 My ComLuv Profile

11 Tami August 15, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I still am not too comfy wearing orangey shades…but this one looks fab on ya.
Tami´s last blog ..NARS Fall 2010 Makeup My ComLuv Profile

12 Andree August 15, 2010 at 5:18 pm

That is a fabulous colour! It looks really good on you. (I may have to pick it up for myself.)
Thanks for sharing.
Andree´s last blog ..Arts and Crafts and The Urban Writer My ComLuv Profile

13 Suzanna August 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Orange lipstick is always tough; it makes the teeth and skin yellow. But you pull it off marvelously!

I have a lost MAC lipstick story. I’ve become addicted to Retro, which is red perfection for any skintone. It’s muted and natural and has no problematic tonal issues. I lost it, or so I thought I did. I was on my way to a concert and put on Chanel Lune Rousse, which has a lovely name and a teeth-staining problem. I realized that I could go to the show without Retro, so I rushed to Macy’s to buy two new tubes before I felt settled enough to continue on my way.

Looking for a lost lipstick is a terrible way to spend an evening.
Suzanna´s last blog ..THE DUPPIES- GOD BLESS SKAMERICA My ComLuv Profile

14 CAROLINE August 15, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Yes, I love my MAC Russian Red! Slave to our lipsticks.
CAROLINE´s last blog ..So- I got a Flickr account My ComLuv Profile

15 lisa August 16, 2010 at 1:14 am

This is a really pretty shade on you! My orange/coral lipstick of choice this summer has been Chanel Rouge Allure in Exotic. For some reason my lips have enough pink in them to balance out the colour so it doesn’t look too orange.
lisa´s last blog ..Todays Outfit- Just Another Shirtdress Outfit My ComLuv Profile

16 Penny Dreadful Vintage August 16, 2010 at 2:39 am

Lovely, I’m on the look-out for a nice orange too. A tricky colour to get right on the lips, this looks great. I do love Mac lipsticks, just bought Mac red and a bright pink on Friday!
Penny Dreadful Vintage´s last blog ..Ballerinas and Brogues My ComLuv Profile

17 Stephanie August 16, 2010 at 7:00 am

Really beautiful! I love the color :]

Live.Laugh.Love.

18 The Clothes Horse August 16, 2010 at 12:18 pm

That color does look nice. And yes, if the laws of life rule, then your other lipstick will now magically reappear.
The Clothes Horse´s last blog ..Broken Memories Of Happy Yesteryear My ComLuv Profile