Autumn Shorts

by jennine on August 30, 2010

The fog has finally lifted… well, sort of. We finally got in a few nice days before September rolls in. It’s not the sweltering summer many people get, but I’ll take it!

Today, I pulled out the Juicy Couture shorts from the Blogher conference, as I’ve been looking for a day to wear them for a while. They’re wool, so they’re not a summer short, for these transitional days, they’re perfect. Honestly, I’ve been trying so hard to get out of the jeggings cycle that I’ve been wearing the past three weeks, working on the IFB conference has made it so the only energy I have goes towards it. So today, I just forced myself out a bit and got dressed for work, good and proper. I work for myself, so I guess, shorts in the office, are juuust fine!

Wearing: Shorts courtesy of Juicy Couture • Blouse • Twinkle by Wenlan • Cardigan : H&M • Shoes: Jeff Silverman (stay tuned tomorrow for about the shoes!)

Click Here to Register for IFB’s Evolving Influence @NYFW September 9th

1 SweetyPW August 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm

The shoes are to die for! I can’t wait to find out more about them tomorrow! I wish that it would cool down in my hometown. It’s been 90 to 100 degree weather almost all summer. The weird thing is I live in Maryland so that kind of weather never happens. Anyway, I can’t wait for the fall to come. I am so excited about the IFB conference. It’s like waiting for Christmas to come. :)
SweetyPW´s last blog ..Ms Charm Chic Updates- New Page for a New Season My ComLuv Profile

2 Tami August 30, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Take advantage of it while it lasts! I might throw a pair on for a bike ride….yaaayyy sunshine!
Tami´s last blog ..NARS Beauty at 2010 Emmy Awards My ComLuv Profile

3 Vyque August 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm

those shoes are killer!
Vyque´s last blog ..Fashion’s Night Out - Georgetown- DC My ComLuv Profile

4 a stylized hysteria August 30, 2010 at 1:03 pm

You look so nice! I can see your outfit looking great with some textured tights later in the year.
a stylized hysteria´s last blog ..Neons My ComLuv Profile

5 E² Esther Eve August 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Ohhhh! You just made me really want to get myself a few pairs of something just like this for fall in Texas! You really pull them off, beautifully done ;o)
E² Esther Eve´s last blog ..Closeout Sale - Fossil Coral Necklace - Anthozoa 001 My ComLuv Profile

6 calivintage August 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm

so, i know you already posted about it, but WOW! i am loving your haircut more and more with each post. it is so perfect on you!
calivintage´s last blog ..bike tour- day 6 My ComLuv Profile

7 Kate August 30, 2010 at 2:06 pm

This outfit is so pretty! Love the shorts and the color of the cardigan! Lovely!
Kate´s last blog ..Inoublié Vintage Giveaway Winner! My ComLuv Profile

8 lisa August 30, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I love the simplicity and pure chic-ness of this outfit! Everything just works so well together. The green cardigan is unexpected because of its colour but just looks so good with the blue denim and white shirt. Well done.
lisa´s last blog ..Todays Outfit- Keeping The Romance Alive My ComLuv Profile

9 lisa August 30, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Oops, wool, wool shorts! But the blue hue looks very denim-like in the photos.
lisa´s last blog ..Todays Outfit- Keeping The Romance Alive My ComLuv Profile

10 Mia Delessi August 30, 2010 at 2:49 pm

You look awesome, I love your shoes

Mia Bbook
Mia Delessi´s last blog ..My Guilty Pleasure My ComLuv Profile

11 The Well-Appointed Catwalk August 30, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Those shoes are amazing! I will most definitely stay tuned.

xo Marissa
(The Well-Appointed Catwalk)
The Well-Appointed Catwalk´s last blog ..Israeli Design Part 2- Industrial Design My ComLuv Profile

12 devilishlypleasurable August 30, 2010 at 8:00 pm

they look extremely classy the way you’ve put it together. love the green cardi.
devilishlypleasurable´s last blog ..collared My ComLuv Profile

13 WendyB August 30, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Ooh, I’m just about to do a shorts post but focusing on summer! I’m late…
WendyB´s last blog ..Change of Taste My ComLuv Profile

14 Casey August 31, 2010 at 5:20 am

I really love the proportions you’ve got going on in this outfit! Especially the lightweight olive cardigan-that looks really nice with the shorts and gives it a bit of an early autumn vibe. :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

15 Nickie Frye August 31, 2010 at 8:11 am

Love the shoes & that green sweater on you. And your hair is looking so cute.

xoxo
Nickie
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Dancing in the Streets My ComLuv Profile

16 Tatiana August 31, 2010 at 10:18 am

I’m still a bit adverse to shorts, but just personally. I feel like they look great on everyone else. I have a high torso, but I think I need to go shopping this weekend and see what’s out there. It’s been a while. :)

The shoes are amazing!
Tatiana´s last blog ..It’s a lovely day for a picnic! My ComLuv Profile

17 Mabel and Zora August 31, 2010 at 10:45 am

Super cute shorts. They look great with leggings.

18 Eva August 31, 2010 at 11:12 am

Can’t wait to hear more about the shoes, they look majestic.

19 Mod Market Vintage September 2, 2010 at 6:15 am