Nicole de Carle: Subversive Architectural Lingerie

by jennine on December 1, 2010

nicole de carle

When I first saw Nicole de Carle’s lingerie on NJAL it was one of those ‘woah.’ moments. Harnesses have made their way into the mainstream, but there is still something rather subversive and architectural about all those straps she has in her collections. Can architecture be subversive? Apparently so!  I just wanted to share this with you even though it definitely falls into the category of ‘fantasy wardrobe’ for me, as I’m sure I’d look like netted ham. If only I looked like netted ham! Delicious! Anyway, before I digress…   these sure look pretty on the models, and it sure beats the heck out of some of the more practical lingerie in my special drawer.

Images via Zoot Mag and NJAL

1 Tami December 1, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Wow, really cool designs. I’m sure I’d end up like netted ham too. ;)
Tami´s last blog ..Vosges Holiday ChocolateMy ComLuv Profile

2 liz December 1, 2010 at 2:55 pm

i would def. look ridiculous, but those are sick. I’d hang a piece in my bedroom as art.

3 Sylvia December 1, 2010 at 3:40 pm

these make me want to be a bond girl even more than i already do. can’t you see someone kicking some major booty in that lingerie followed by some very james bond like sex? haha

awesome. :)
Sylvia´s last blog ..the warm and fuzziesMy ComLuv Profile

4 Ashe Mischief December 1, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Gee, way to make me feel like a pervert D:
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..Happy Holidays from Dramatis Personae &amp Miz MoozMy ComLuv Profile

5 Grit and Glamour December 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm

You had me at subversive…meow, do I love this stuff!

♥ V
twitter: @gritandglamour
Grit and Glamour´s last blog ..The Shoot Behind the ShootMy ComLuv Profile

6 Style Eyes December 1, 2010 at 11:28 pm

yes very beautiful but I would most definitely be a delicious netted ham
Style Eyes´s last blog ..A Fashion Bloggers Mini Guide To PsychologyMy ComLuv Profile

7 Jacqueline December 1, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Super sexy. Does each piece come with instructions on how to put it on. I think I would be lost otherwise.

8 Laura Connell December 2, 2010 at 6:35 am

Ooh la la. So impractical but delicious like you say.

9 Fashion Limbo December 2, 2010 at 9:03 am

wow, so pretty, but yes quite a challenge to wear!
Fashion Limbo´s last blog ..How to Wear - The Maxi DressMy ComLuv Profile

10 esther December 2, 2010 at 10:55 am

i REALLY want one of these…. i don’t think iv’e ever wanted knickers this bad

esther xx

11 Angga Heinrich December 2, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Oh GOD!! this want me to go shopping for all of those lingerie, I want all of them and also want those body
Angga Heinrich´s last blog ..Minnie BowMy ComLuv Profile

12 Treacle December 2, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Woot! I love it when a fellow fashion blogger features lingerie. As I’m always saying…lingerie is fashion too!
Treacle´s last blog ..Holiday Lingerie- Your December Party EssentialsMy ComLuv Profile

13 Kate December 2, 2010 at 2:27 pm

These are so detailed, I really like the designs and how they show off the figure. I’d love something like these in a bikini .x.
Kate´s last blog ..Rorschach Inkblot TestMy ComLuv Profile

14 nino December 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm

this is art

nino´s last blog ..Très chic et Très fouMy ComLuv Profile

15 rachel December 2, 2010 at 7:30 pm

wow, i’m in love. so so amazing. i would love some of these!
rachel´s last blog ..cuff love- part 2My ComLuv Profile

16 Prêt à Porter P December 3, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I’ve seen her pieces before. Kind of James Bond/Aeon Flux. Expensive but not exorbitant, well relatively speaking…