Hidden Stripes

by jennine on December 17, 2010

stripes

Right now I should be putting my shampoo in a suitcase. Rocky and I are heading out to Germany tonight and will be spending the holidays with his family there. But no, I’m here just wanting to wish you a Happy Friday!

Monica had met me yesterday afternoon for lunch, we had decided to take a tour of Little Italy, a neighborhood I’ve heard a lot about but never spent much time in. It’s so charming, with all the Italian food shops and restaurants, all the beautiful neon lights. Why don’t they do neon anymore? It’s so cool.

During the week I tend to put on the usual suspects, a comfortable top with a cardigan, scarf and denim leggings. For the eat, sleep, denim blog, I had bought a pair of J Brand Wax denim leggings that I just couldn’t part with. Over the last week, I must have worn them three times. Oh dear. But I’m finding with the jeans, getting some interesting tops isn’t the easiest thing in the world, so mixing it up with stripes and colors become so important. I’ve never had much luck with horizontal stripes, but the chevron print is perfect. It’s one of my favorite tops!

Wearing: Coat: Violetville Vintage • Boots: Rosegold  • Jeans: J Brand • Blouse, mittens and hat: H&M • Scarf: Club Monaco • Bag courtesy of Coach

•••

Photos by Monica Schulman

midtowngirl December 17, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Love you, your outfit & Monica. Beautiful shots dolls! Have a safe & wonderful holiday Jennine & totes will make plans when you get back <3

Tami December 17, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I love chevron stripes as well…you look so cozy in that outfit. Bon voyage!
Tami´s last blog ..The I Spa at the InterContinental HotelMy ComLuv Profile

Penny Dreadful Vintage December 17, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Love your hat most of all. What is it with Germany this year? I know at least three people spending their Christmas over there!
Penny Dreadful Vintage´s last blog ..50s Model Suzy Parker Photos- Part 1My ComLuv Profile

Jennifer December 17, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Those mittens are as cute as you! I love them!

Collette Osuna December 17, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Happy Friday to you to hunnie…LOVE the boots……have a great trip:)
Collette Osuna´s last blog .. Under the Weather- Under my Hat My ComLuv Profile

Eli December 17, 2010 at 4:00 pm

oooh have fun in Germany! I’ll be heading to SoCal for christmas, then back to Vegas, then over to SF for our big move!!

Akello Light December 17, 2010 at 4:55 pm

The matching is great. The color is loveable.

WendyB December 17, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Bon voyage, as we say in Germany!
WendyB´s last blog ..WendyB in January’s Food &amp Wine MagazineMy ComLuv Profile

Bella Q December 18, 2010 at 12:08 am

You are beautiful as always. The chevron is an under appreciated pattern and you showcase it well. I like how it breaks up the severe solid of the black just enough pattern without overpowering.

Bon voyage to Germany. Happy Holidays to you and yours! xo. -Bella Q
twitter: @citizenrosebudz
Bella Q´s last blog ..YOU are a winnerMy ComLuv Profile

meligrosa December 18, 2010 at 5:16 am

those boots are so badasssssssss. Wishing you a happy holiday season lovely — you represent the most poetic+beautiful effrotless cali girl out there in freezing NYC =) love ya + off to another fabulous year!! xxomeli
meligrosa´s last blog ..Bikes and the slow life- AnthologyMy ComLuv Profile

Laura Connell December 18, 2010 at 8:52 am

Oh, I just love this outfit with the boots and the French “Breathless” stripes. That is the wonderful thing about New York: all the distinct neighbourhoods waiting to be discovered!

Fashion Limbo December 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm

I really liked that part of New York when I went over in June, although I only went past it and didn’t actually spend much time in it. Love your H&M leopard print hat :)
Fashion Limbo´s last blog ..Links à la Mode - December 16thMy ComLuv Profile

THE-LOUDMOUTH December 18, 2010 at 5:40 pm

you look so chic!
the-loudmouth.com

rachel December 18, 2010 at 7:26 pm

you can never go wrong with black and white chevron!
rachel´s last blog ..count downMy ComLuv Profile

rachel December 18, 2010 at 7:27 pm

sorry for the cheesy rhyme ;-)
rachel´s last blog ..count downMy ComLuv Profile

Carrie December 18, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Jennine these pictures are wonderful! I love the stripes and the boots look great on you. Saw you made it to Germany safely. Have a great trip :)
Carrie´s last blog ..Melinda Maria Promo Code- 30 Off EverythingMy ComLuv Profile

Ralph Tamm December 18, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Now I know how to keep track of my grand daughter - just go to the coveted
Nice format - liked the black and white photos
Love, grand dad

Mousevox December 19, 2010 at 9:33 am

Your boots are killer! Love, love, love.

If you enjoyed Manhattan’s Little Italy, I highly suggest checking out Little Italy in the Bronx. The best cannolis in the city exist there! Now I’m homesick!

Make Do Style December 19, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Fab outfit and great images. I love Little Italy - hope you went to Lombardi’s for pizza xx
Make Do Style´s last blog ..High Street Pick of the WeekMy ComLuv Profile

SarahJayne @ Goldmine Trash December 19, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I love everything about this outfit. Especially the top!

miss sophie December 20, 2010 at 11:29 am

i love this outfit! so very NYC :) and i love the j brand jeans you’re rocking here - i’d been looking at them as a chic alternative to leather leggings. happy travels and happy holidays!
miss sophie´s last blog ..in the bag- dunlin lafayette crossbodyMy ComLuv Profile

lisa December 20, 2010 at 2:49 pm

“Interesting tops to dress up jeans” is a lesson I’m taking to heart lately too. Have a great time in Germany, Jennine!
lisa´s last blog ..Todays Outfit- Material GirlMy ComLuv Profile

Nickie Frye December 20, 2010 at 5:48 pm

That first photo of you is GORGEOUS. I’m going to go check out these waxed jeans you speak of.
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Buy a T-Shirt Save the WorldMy ComLuv Profile

M December 21, 2010 at 10:54 am

I loooove your boots!

I hope you arrived without problems, europe’s airports are nightmare at the moment!
M´s last blog ..Illuminated Heels -Zapatos IluminadosMy ComLuv Profile