Wool and The Gang

by jennine on January 21, 2011

wool and the gang

Ever since I could remember I loved knits. From when my grandmother tried to teach me how to crochet, I’ve always wanted to be able to make my own yarn creations. The dream was to make beautiful wool into chunky sweaters and scarves and cozy up, especially on a snowy day like today! Yet, lo and behold, like my singing career (which has actually made people fall on the floor laughing), my knitting career is crippled by a few inherent character traits, which are good in some respects but bad for knitting…

Wool and The Gang is one of those shops that gives you the option of making your own clothes by hand or they can sell you  hand-knit and ready-made by someone more skilled… The Peruvian Wool is thick and luxurious. I’ve been obsessing ever since I first walked past their store a few months ago, peering in the windows at the chunkiest of chunky knits and gorgeously simple branding. It hits all my weak spots. When Deanne, Ann and were out shopping, I totally had to check this out again, and of course I caved and got my very own Wool and The Gang sweater. Hey, January Sales, it was half off!

Anyway for those of you who haven’t seen it… take a look, it’s certainly drool worthy wool—try saying that 5 times in a row!

Carly January 21, 2011 at 7:32 am

Similar vibe at Vagabond boutique in Old City Philadelphia.
Little different as they carry other things besides knits, but they have handmade items that are so gorgeous and also sell yarn for all the knitters out there.
There blog is great too and they use it as a tool to sell online http://shopatvagabond.blogspot.com/

Laura Connell January 21, 2011 at 8:03 am

What an amazing title for the shop! I, too, have dabbled in knitting. When I finished working at the end of my first pregnancy I knit two beautiful sweaters for my impending little one and it was surprisingly easy. I cried when she was finally old enough to wear it remembering that she wasn’t yet born when I made it. It sounds hokey but there is a lot of love that goes into a handmade garment. It’s priceless.

Casey January 21, 2011 at 9:29 am

Oooh! I don’t know what is better: yarn or a place where you can drool over other people’s knitting work! :) This looks like an amazing place.

♥ Casey | blog
Casey´s last blog ..in the kitchen- crunchy granolaMy ComLuv Profile

lisa January 21, 2011 at 11:28 am

Some boutiques around Vancouver carry Wool and The Gang knitting kits!
lisa´s last blog ..From Solo Lisas Kitchen- Porcini Mushroom SoupMy ComLuv Profile

Closet Confections January 21, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the info! I recently took up knitting and now crochet. This place looks a little funkier than Lion Brand, and therefore right up my alley. I’m going to swing by this Saturday. :-)

Kendra
Closet Confections´s last blog ..Closet Confection- Little Red Riding HoodMy ComLuv Profile

violetville January 21, 2011 at 4:32 pm

i’m so into wool + knits! i think i’m going to keep it up in warmer weather too; wool is such an amazing and breathable fabric!
violetville´s last blog ..So- er- what’s there for a girl to do in Austin on a Friday nightMy ComLuv Profile

SarahJayne @ Goldmine Trash January 21, 2011 at 5:30 pm

What a great name! Cute stuff too.
SarahJayne @ Goldmine Trash´s last blog ..SACREDMy ComLuv Profile

myheartblogged January 21, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I’m sold at Peruvian. I went to Peru a few years back on a missions trip, and I own a llama blanket from there, it’s the warmest thing in the world. I would definitely wear the James jacket.
My Heart Blogged
myheartblogged´s last blog ..Get the look for less than 150 Reese Witherspoon in head to toe blackMy ComLuv Profile

eli January 21, 2011 at 6:43 pm

This is the second week of hearing about wool and the gang! Time to get some needles for knitting!
eli´s last blog ..Away We GoMy ComLuv Profile

Collette Osuna January 21, 2011 at 10:52 pm

This looks like such a fab store…Id LOVE to learn to knit….:)
Collette Osuna´s last blog .. Friend Friday- Are You for Real My ComLuv Profile

Melina January 22, 2011 at 12:12 am

I love chunky knits! I too wish I were talented (and patient) enough to make my own, but those are so adorable! Love the scarf and the seafoam green colored creation!

xx Melina
Melina´s last blog ..things to comeMy ComLuv Profile

Style Eyes January 22, 2011 at 2:33 am

I love those extra chunky knits. I took have harboured an ambition to hand knit stuff but unfortunately I just have so much else to do and no patience.
Style Eyes´s last blog ..Friday Finds - Floral DressesMy ComLuv Profile

Shailender @ Romantic Getaways January 22, 2011 at 8:13 am

wow! Really beautiful work done.
Shailender @ Romantic Getaways´s last blog ..Merry Christmas &amp Happy Holidays from India DarshanMy ComLuv Profile

Fashion Limbo January 22, 2011 at 11:08 am

now I just want to knit!! it’s such a freezing day where I’m at! And that green/blue knit looks so pretty!
Fashion Limbo´s last blog ..I need a shoe - Vivienne Westwood and MelissaMy ComLuv Profile

Mousevox January 22, 2011 at 11:49 am

My stint at knitting, which lasted about 2 days, seems similar to your own. Lucky for us, talented people like this exist! And what a fun name for a business!
Mousevox´s last blog ..ETSY SHOP UPDATEMy ComLuv Profile

ryan January 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Oh I wish I knew how to knit, so badly. Then I could shop at the fun shops like Wool and the Gang. So much fun!

i.d. January 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Those chunky knits are to die for!
i.d.´s last blog ..Shop My ClosetMy ComLuv Profile

Kaitlyn January 22, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I love that knits are so homely and comforting yet really never go out of style come the F/W season. Winter’s rolling around next for us here in Australia so they’re on my mind!
Kaitlyn´s last blog ..The StreamMy ComLuv Profile

Marissa January 23, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Woah - I just saw Refinery29 mention this new blog: http://www.thecoveted.com/. I’m disturbed…
Marissa´s last blog ..Some Blogging BusinessMy ComLuv Profile

tricia of bitsandbobbins.com January 24, 2011 at 10:36 am

i just noticed that also! it’s REALLY confusing…i thought maybe you (j) had changed the format of your website!
tricia of bitsandbobbins.com´s last blog ..momadayMy ComLuv Profile

chloe January 23, 2011 at 2:30 pm

lovely knits!
x
chloe

Nickie Frye January 23, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Ooooooh, I love me a chunky knit! I learned to crochet (sort of) once, but I think I made like one scarf & gave it up as a hobby pretty much immediately. I don’t have the patience to see it through to the end. When I have an idea, I want it to magically & immediately appear before me. Unfortunately, I’m not much of a magician either. Shoot. I love the name Wool and the Gang! That is so cute!!
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..What I Really Wanted For ChristmasMy ComLuv Profile

Fashion Herald January 24, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I’ve got to drop by and buy some of that wool to add to my collection of unfinished knitting projects. No, seriously, that chunky wool is gorgeous, and that weight makes it faster, and easier to knit.
Fashion Herald´s last blog ..J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!My ComLuv Profile

Angga Heinrich January 24, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Oh how much I wish I can actually knit!! speaking of knitting have you seen Refinery 29 about blog to watch, they mention the coveted, I thought it was your blog, but it was different website, different web address but the same name http://www.refinery29.com/new-fashion-websites-you-need-to-bookmark.php/slideshow/1/#image-2
I’ve been following you for a while and kinda confused on how this happens
Angga Heinrich´s last blog ..Kansas City blogger meet upMy ComLuv Profile

Natalie January 24, 2011 at 1:59 pm

That place looks dreamy! I love knitting with big yarn. It’s fast and the chunky knit just looks so good!
Natalie´s last blog ..Lets Chat DKNY Spring 2011 on Monday Jan 24!My ComLuv Profile

liz January 25, 2011 at 11:47 am

never been inside wool and the gang, but I def. love how thick those sweaters look, so so pretty

lani January 25, 2011 at 6:15 pm

so cute! i linked this post to my knitting-obsessed friends.
lani´s last blog ..Designer Bridal- Lela Rose Spring 2011My ComLuv Profile