Today’s Attire: Spring Neutrals

by jennine on March 2, 2011

gryphon trench

It may not be official yet, but I’m really feeling spring in the air. Yesterday, taking photos for the eat, sleep, denim blog I chucked away my winter coats and threw on my Gryphon Trench coat that I’ve been saving for the new season. Actually, I’ve been going through this whole style upheaval, one because my neighborhood is painfully well-dressed, and two because well… it’s something going on for a while. I’ll flip flop between dressing more classic, and over the top. Nowadays going over the top feels contrived for day to day wear, so classic won out. I can’t really explain how or why, but I’m just loving the fresh relaxed feeling a classic outfit provides. Besides, it’s always fun to mix it up with an extreme heel like the MiuMiu sandals with a pair of sherbet socks.

Wearing: Jeans: J Brand Sliverlake • Trench: Gryphon • Silk Blouse & Socks: J Crew • Vintage Scarf Gift from Market Publique • Heels: Miu Miu • Glasses Courtesy of Spex Club

• Posterous

midtowngirl March 2, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Love the trench & the shoes are PERFECT with this outy! We totes need a brunch date btw…STAT. <3

Jessie March 2, 2011 at 12:46 pm

oooh i love your outfit. and glasses. super cute look.

Jessie´s last [type] ..Put Some Bright in Your Life- Bright Accessories for Spring

Alice Olive March 2, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Very cute! Especially the glasses.
Alice Olive´s last [type] ..On the bar

nrc March 2, 2011 at 3:15 pm

love the colours, your trench is soo lovely!
nrc´s last [type] ..Ooo Err

Jacqueline March 2, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love the pops of color with the socks and scarf.
Jacqueline´s last [type] ..Leopard Week

charles March 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh! I really really love this outfit so much! You look gorgeous. From those glasses to those amazing heels, every detail is perfect. Well done!
xx
charles´s last [type] ..&amp time marches on

kathrin March 2, 2011 at 7:32 pm

the mui mui heels rock the outfit!

Sylvia March 2, 2011 at 7:54 pm

looking incredible, jennine! the trench is a stunner and I love the pop of red with the scarf and your lipstick

xo!
Sylvia´s last [type] ..When youve got a lot of lemons- make a simple lemonade

Kate March 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I love this outfit! So perfectly spring, but not jumping the gun and pretending it’s full out spring just yet! It’s a perfect balance! I love the trench & love the bits of color! Lovely!
Kate´s last [type] ..Kate- Spring 2011

Maddy S. March 2, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I LOVE this outfit! Especially the socks+shoes! They are soooo cuteeee!

GRIT & GLAMOUR March 2, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Love the colors here…and I am so envious of your new kicks. Especially with those socks! Good choice, they were. I want.

••V••
@gritandglamour
GRIT & GLAMOUR´s last [type] ..Evolving Influence- Business of Blogging Video

myheartblogged March 3, 2011 at 1:15 am

That is an amazing trench I love classic outfits. I tend to do a lot outfits with bold accessories. Also, I get a lot more wear from something classic than trendy or over the top. But, don’t get me wrong I love loud clothes when I’m in the mood.
myheartblogged´s last [type] ..Outfit of the day 42 Excitement in the air

J'ara Ami March 3, 2011 at 2:46 am

Your shoes look great on you. You styled them very well. Love the colour contract between the shoes and the socks
J’ara Ami´s last [type] ..The modern pin up girl

Denise March 3, 2011 at 3:22 am

This has so many great elements, where do I start? I have to screen capture this page so I can copy the look!

I, too, find myself gravitating between wanting to be classic in style or more out there. I’ve felt that way my entire life actually. I remember going from preppy to punk in the 80s, then went back to a more classic style in the early 90s, then went back out there but in a rocker chic sort of way. Do you have to stick to one style, is that best, so that you have a signature look? Or do you go with your bi-polar fashion tendencies? I have really been thinking about this lately and am wondering what others think of this topic.

Sushi March 3, 2011 at 5:13 am

Gorgeous outfit! Such a nice mix of colours x Sushi
Sushi´s last [type] ..£100-160 Asos giftcard giveaway

TheOnlineStylist March 3, 2011 at 6:58 am

Fabulous outfit! I’m all about the classic but with an edge.. and love the socks and sandals option here. I so would but I’m not sure my sleepy little village is ready for it! Maybe next time I’m in London. Happy Birthday for yesterday by the way! x
TheOnlineStylist´s last [type] ..Runway To Real Way Spring Trends – Bright Blues

Sam @ Weekend Getaways March 3, 2011 at 7:24 am

I liked the style of your jeans, different and nice.
Sam @ Weekend Getaways´s last [type] ..Romantic Weekend Getaways

Nakia Durant March 3, 2011 at 10:28 am

Great sock and sandal combo! Classic is always a winner!
Nakia Durant´s last [type] ..Mid Week Inspiration

Lucero Arechiga March 3, 2011 at 5:32 pm

It’s nice to see that the miu miu’s came out to play! I bet they’ll look amazing when spring DOES come!

Lucero Arechiga´s last [type] ..Currently Cravingyum!

Angga Heinrich March 3, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I love that miu miu shoes!!!! you look great with the sorbet socks
Angga Heinrich´s last [type] ..Grawwlll-Vintage Show Offs

Carine March 4, 2011 at 3:50 pm

It’s your birthday shoes….love the outfit….

Rene Braun March 5, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Beautiful Photo! Love your shoes!

Kisses!
Rene Braun´s last [type] ..- Flared Jeans -

shawn cowan March 7, 2011 at 1:31 am

Glasses. A Like.
shawn cowan´s last [type] ..Korean Street Fashion

Sarah - Style Souk March 8, 2011 at 11:05 am

Here in London, I saw my first daffodils of the spring today.

It may still be a little chilly outside but I’m tempted to send my winter coat into hibernation and crack open my new trench. Yours is lovely… and looks amazing with the red fringed scarf!

Sarah x

P.S: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :0)

laurrenwelch March 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I’m a big fan of anything sherbert and love the little punch of color the socks add to this outfit! I’ve yet try out the whole socks-with-shoes thing, but you’re looking so adorably chic I’m thinking I just might get the nerve to do it!

Laurren
laurrenwelch´s last [type] ..Year After Year

Nickie Frye March 9, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Pretty colors & I love the cute socks & shoes together. :)
Nickie Frye´s last [type] ..Kron Kron

Zamri A. March 10, 2011 at 6:43 am

A very subtle color blocking. Very nice. :)

Nomi March 12, 2011 at 7:21 pm

The shoes are indeed gorgeous but how on earth can you walk in them?

Anika March 13, 2011 at 6:38 am

Well, I think you nailed it! The socks and the heels add that extra oopmh to your lovely classic outfit. I understand what you mean though, I am longing for spring and finding that I don`t feel comfortable or stylish in my lovely tweed coat any longer. It has run it`s course for me, and now I am ready for lighter and more chic items. I am an emotional dresser, getting it just right is a matter of checking with my gut how an outfit feels on. I can`t really explain it :D

xx Anika