Moss: Designer Consignment in Austin

by jennine on March 16, 2011

moss designer consignment

It’s quite official that in recent years I’ve been more discerning with the second hand clothing I buy… leaning more and more towards designer pieces and consignment shops. Especially since I live in the mecca of designer consignment, but still even/especially there, it’s hard to find a bargain.

Of course, I just had to check out the Moss Designer Consignment since it was started by the same people who started Feathers. If I made any two favorites in Austin shopping that would have to be it. A bit off the beaten path, it is a new shop that had the feeling of an upscale boutique. Something quite unusual for those of us used to rummaging around the over cramped tendencies second hand shops. I really loved the curated selection, pretty pieces silks, embellishing, brocade. As with any second hand stores a lot of it is finding the right fit. Always my problem!

I did purchase something from this shop… and will show you tomorrow. Can you guess what it is? It’s one of the pictures below….

Visit: Moss

705 B. South Lamar
Austin, TX
512-916-9961

mossaustin.com

Marie March 16, 2011 at 11:59 am

You are schooling me on where to shop in Austin and I live nearby! I hope you didn’t buy that cream and black tie dress (though it would be lovely on you) because I am in love with it. It had me at the bow.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Marie´s last [type] ..Sharing is caring- and other things I learned from Barney

jennine March 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm

You’ll find out tomorrow!
Well, I didn’t know unless Grechen told me about these shops! I love them!

Marissa March 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm

How are we supposed to guess what you bought when everything you’ve shown is so incredible?! It is very difficult to find a bargain on designer consignment pieces in cities like New York. Boston is just as bad. Were the prices in Austin any better?
Marissa´s last [type] ..Prints for Japan

jennine March 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm

OH yes, they were wayyyy cheaper than what you would pay in New York…unless it’s on super sale. Even then. It makes it hard to shop in new york now!

Teri @beachcitylifestyle March 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Oh! We need one of these in the beach cities. I need to work on that. This one looks really nice!

MARLEY SIMONE March 16, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Lovely! I just love learning about vintage shops so that just in case I so happen to be in the city, I can stop by. I have just added this one to my list of places to shop if I were ever in the Austin area. If I were to guess what you bought, it would be lovely silk scarf in yellows, oranges, and greens.

Daisy March 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm

It better be that gorgeous Chanel bag!!! So jealous. Stupid ol’ Belgium!!

Ginta March 16, 2011 at 12:48 pm

That sheer blouse is so beautiful! I hope you bought it! ;)
Ginta´s last [type] ..saulīte ar zobiem- cold days sun

Collette Osuna March 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Cute shop…..looks like they had some really nice finds……I think I would have purchased the Chanel bag or the ladybug shoes…too cute!!!
Collette Osuna´s last [type] ..Twitter Tuesday-Dwelling &amp Telling

Jessie March 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm

gotta love a good designer consignment store. that chanel bag is to die for. thanks for sharing this!

Jessie´s last [type] ..Isabel Marant Perkins Sneaker Replacement maison martin margiela sneaks

brittney March 16, 2011 at 1:17 pm

ooh, so many pretty things… the strappy green sandals with ladybug? whatEVER. adorable. i’m a thrifting novice but am picking up a few tips here and there. i think you’re right-best to be discerning, because there’s a lot of junk out there. thanks for sharing this…if i’m ever in austin, i’m stopping by moss.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you’d like, although there’s a noticeable lack of vintage designer stuff…i’ll get there…)
brittney´s last [type] ..T minus 26 minutes

Pam@over50feeling40 March 16, 2011 at 6:06 pm

All you have done is make me want to turn my car around and head back to Austin! I love the shoes you showed!! I spent the day thrifting in San Antonio and I was so happy with Buffalo Exchange! Excellent choices and great prices…I had heard about them but just went by for the first time! Did not see ladybug shoes here…wish I had!
Pam@over50feeling40´s last [type] ..YIELD- The Intersection where Bloggers &amp Business Meet

TheOnlineStylist March 16, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Please say its the Chanel bag… or the shoes with the ladybird on them… so gorgeous! The stuff you found in there all looks amazing - it must have been difficult to choose. x
TheOnlineStylist´s last [type] ..Fashion Fallback

SERENA March 16, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I’m hoping you got the emilio pucci! I absolutely love it
SERENA´s last [type] ..Spring Is In The Air

vanessa March 16, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I don’t know what you got, but I’m looking forward to finding out.
vanessa´s last [type] ..Outfit of the day 53 Too legit to quit

Nickie Frye March 16, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Oooooooohh, I hope it’s that black & white number! Or the Chloe sandals. Nice!
Nickie Frye´s last [type] ..Yes and No

Haute Muslimah March 17, 2011 at 12:29 am

I just discovered Moss a few months ago, and it’s amazing! You can always find something, and it’s always so neat.
I’m guessing it’s the Chanel bag?
Haute Muslimah´s last [type] ..TxSCC and The Swapaholics

Natalie March 17, 2011 at 1:10 am

Hmm, I’m guessing the black and white top? Or the cuff. I feel like those items might be “you.” But maybe just because I think that shirt is really cute!
Natalie´s last [type] ..Giveaway- How curiosity improved my figure