Elizabeth Taylor

by jennine on March 23, 2011

So sad to hear Elizabeth Taylor has died today. Since I was a girl, her movies her sultry beauty was an inspiration…

Perhaps now she can be reunited wit Richard Burton and maybe they can finally work out whatever it was they tried here on earth.

PS. How fabulous is that eagle crown?

Jessie March 23, 2011 at 11:01 am

she is so incredibly chic! i love her.

Jessie´s last blog ..Mayakoba Mexico- Diary Day UnoMy ComLuv Profile

laura March 23, 2011 at 11:02 am

Stunning and I lvoe the burnt oranage look! xoxox
laura´s last blog ..Happy Paddys day !! My ComLuv Profile

Collette Osuna March 23, 2011 at 11:10 am

So very sad to hear the news. She was an icon who will be truly missed:(

Madeleine Gallay March 23, 2011 at 11:11 am

And Mike Todd, even her dear friend Michael Jackson. She endured such losses.

And may have changed the face of AIDS with her fury at the disease and her loyalty to her friends.

A passionate life and all the stars that are truly made of diamonds may glimmer a tad less.

Goodness.
Madeleine Gallay´s last blog ..Shannon Tackett- If You Dont Have Beautiful Gray HairMy ComLuv Profile

Louise March 23, 2011 at 11:23 am

Yes, rest in peace Elizabeth! I loved her especially in the lesser known movie “A Date With Judy.” She was so beautiful.

That eagle crown is so Lady Gaga- now I know where she got it from!
Louise´s last blog ..I Could Not Stop for DeathMy ComLuv Profile

Eboni Ife' March 23, 2011 at 12:07 pm

That crown, and THAT NECKLACE! She was stunning inside and out. She left behind a dynamic legacy and will be greatly missed.
Eboni Ife’´s last blog ..Happy Birthday To Me and I finished my 30 for 30!My ComLuv Profile

herCatwalk March 23, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I still remember her as Amy in Little Women, one of my favorite movies. She was beautiful then and now.

Kori March 23, 2011 at 1:09 pm

She was so gorgeous. Another legend gone. Have a great day doll!

Have you heard about my good news? Kori xoxo

blondeepisodes.com
Kori´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday And Great News!My ComLuv Profile

Sylvia March 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm

This is so sad; She was so stunning. I love that you chose this photo. it’s so incredible. The eagle crown is perfect.
Sylvia´s last blog ..Everyday Ensemble Kolorowe JarmarkiMy ComLuv Profile

Pam @over50feeling40 March 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I know it is a sad day for my mom….she was one of her classic favorites. I loved her in National Velvet…it was one of my favorite movies when I was young. She was a true Hollywood queen!

K-Line March 23, 2011 at 7:59 pm

GOt to admit, I had the same inkling - that Ms. Taylor and Richard Burton are probably having some fun tonight :-)
K-Line´s last blog ..Winsome - Lose SomeMy ComLuv Profile

jennine March 23, 2011 at 9:59 pm

thank you! i read the vanity fair article about how richard burton wrote her a letter a few days before he died, and she never revealed what that letter said. i gotta wonder if they had an undying thing.

Shelley March 23, 2011 at 9:01 pm

That whole outfit is so over the top wonderful. I was the only kid I knew with the patience to watch “Cleopatra” all the way through, over and over. Elizabeth Taylor was my first celebrity crush and it continued for the rest of her life as I grew to admire her for her charity work and her outspoken, take no crap attitude instead of just for her beauty. Thanks for posting this, and I agree that she and Richard are probably making up for lost time as we speak!
Shelley´s last blog ..RIP Elizabeth TaylorMy ComLuv Profile

jennine March 23, 2011 at 10:01 pm

omg, i remember one summer afternoon my sister and i sat on the living room floor watching it…then i went up to get our pillows… intermission… it seemed to go on for hours and hours! which probably in adult time, it was probably as long as ‘dances with wolves’ god that movie was long!

Meredith March 23, 2011 at 9:53 pm

What a sweet message… and what a sad loss of such a glamorous icon…
Meredith´s last blog ..His &amp Hers Inspiration - Advanced Style Age &amp Beauty My ComLuv Profile

Dawn March 23, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I think everyone feels saddened at Elizabeth Taylor’s passing. She truly was one of Hollywood’s great.

A classy lady who always looked fabulous in her prime and right to the end, she always tried her best.

potionprincess March 24, 2011 at 12:48 am

My Granaunt lived in la and met her once at the airport,she said up close she was really beautiful,that her eyes were really violet and that no one else ever had eyes that colour.
potionprincess´s last blog ..Tweezerman dupeMy ComLuv Profile

Laura Connell March 24, 2011 at 11:13 am

I realize I haven’t seen many of her movies and I have to rectify that, maybe with a marathon this weekend :)