Repetto Sample Sale Loot

by jennine on April 4, 2011

repetto shoes

If you ever wondered how New Yorkers are so well dressed (as I have often wondered) with high rents, expensive restaurant habits and taxi cabs… word on the street is that many of the fashion savvy get hooked into the sample sale circuit. Now I’ve been to sample sales, and well… sometimes they seem a bit contrived and not much (if any) cheaper than just regular sales and totally not worth the madness. But what about legendary deals? Where are they?

Last Friday, as we were winding down the work day, a friend of Pamela from Market Publique (who is sometimes at the same workspace) came in raving about the Repetto sample sale, going on about this box of sample size 37 for $20 a pair. I’m a size 37! So we packed up our laptops and ran down to the sale. Now, I wouldn’t be so gluttonous as to get 5 or 6 pairs of shoes just because, but come on? $20? Well, actually the box ended up being $40 a pair, but even five pairs would barely pay for one heel full price.

With a box full of candy heels, gorgeous suede, and the most comfortable fit I’ve ever experienced. These are the kind of shoes you can wear all day running around town. Believe me, I’ve already done it with a few of them since Friday. They fit like character shoes, since I had a pair a few years ago, they are probably the most comfortable heel you can get.

Besides it’s a blessing in disguise… now I’m completely ready for spring.. now if it would just warm up already!

For behind the scenes, outfit snippets and more…read The Coveted Tumblr!

• Posterous

Jessie April 4, 2011 at 11:14 am

AHH wtfffffff i wish i could have gone to that. love repettos.

Jessie´s last blog ..BLT Steak chez moiMy ComLuv Profile

Emily April 4, 2011 at 11:21 am

What a great find - your shoes are gorgeous!! I wish I had been able to make it to that sale!
Emily´s last blog ..Your shopping agenda for Monday- Deepa Gurnani- Nili Lotan and more!My ComLuv Profile

Christine April 4, 2011 at 11:24 am

Absolutely gorgeous shoes! Lucky you!

Kori April 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

Those orange ones are to die for! Lucky girl! Kori xoxo

blondeepisodes.com
Kori´s last blog ..Naughty NauticalMy ComLuv Profile

Madeleine Gallay April 4, 2011 at 11:53 am

Arggh. Los Angeles has ceased existing … my sadness is beyond. Even Repettos at full retail are beyond wonderful, superb classics and imbued with history and meaning. If my magic wand were working, I would have a small Repetto boutique here in Venice Beach (well, and put them online too of course, business is business). Good grief, I miss retail. I miss other retail shops calling with the newest shipments and then the sales.

My Repetto black satin toe shoes are among the five things I’d grab in a tsunami, the others being two dogs and two cats. The things they could say, sigh.
Madeleine Gallay´s last blog ..The Way I Remember Julie Anne Rhodes And A few Other MomentsMy ComLuv Profile

jennine April 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm

oh wow, i never worked retail, so this is all new to me… now wonder how the people in the retail business look so great!

Charlotte Box April 4, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I love shoes! Beautiful!
Charlotte Box´s last blog ..Burberry BagsMy ComLuv Profile

rae April 4, 2011 at 12:18 pm

So jealous! Not just of the deal, but of the sample-size foot as well!

Amy April 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I second rae on both! I’m a 35; I don’t think I’ll ever find my size at a sample sale. :(
Amy´s last blog ..Marc Jacobs Monday- Marc by Marc Jacobs Bianca Bow Pave Bow RingMy ComLuv Profile

jennine April 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm

what! but you have all those gorgeous vintage shoes to choose from! i feel like every cool pair is a 35 or 36…

lisa April 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm

*sigh* Stories of legendary sample sales like yours make me wish I lived in NYC.
lisa´s last blog ..Converse x Marimekko Collaboration Comes to VancouverMy ComLuv Profile

FaithJ April 4, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Congrats on your wonderful finds! I have one pair of Repettos and I love them so much. I wish I could have gone to the sale!!! Those nude/denim stripe ones are so unique.

DoraKristin April 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Lucky ! Congrats! Ready for the summer ;) - Love them !
x
DoraKristin´s last blog ..My rough- unperfect rings My ComLuv Profile

Blah Blah Becky April 4, 2011 at 2:09 pm

They’re sooooo beautiful! I want some!!

Yet another reason for me to wish and dream of living in NYC…..

Please vote for me to win Westfield’s blogger style competition!
Blah Blah Becky´s last blog ..Mending Broken Hearts x Daisy LoweMy ComLuv Profile

Alexis of NorthOnHarper April 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Yeah- I am exceptionally jealous!!!!
Alexis of NorthOnHarper´s last blog ..Wine Of The Week 25My ComLuv Profile

Fenke April 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm

wow - it is money well spend :-) every pair is soo pretty!
Fenke´s last blog ..Sommer- Sonne- Sonnenschein… und der Superkini von O’NeillMy ComLuv Profile

Pam @over50feeling40 April 4, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Wow…now there’s something to celebrate..these shoes are gorgeous! What a great opportunity!!
Pam @over50feeling40´s last blog ..What Do You Do Once A WeekMy ComLuv Profile

Midnight Cowgirl April 4, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Gorgeous shoes!
Midnight Cowgirl´s last blog ..The Shape of Things to ComeMy ComLuv Profile

Sylvia April 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm

my goodness, Jennine! What a lucky score. They are all so so lovely! Send me a pair?
Sylvia´s last blog ..Weekend Wanderings The Birthday StoryMy ComLuv Profile

Katie April 4, 2011 at 10:11 pm

SO JEALOUS! What a great deal - $20 for ugly shoes is a good deal (well, sort of) let alone when they are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! Cannot wait to see how you style these! :) Can’t decide if the orange pair or the gold pair are my favorite.
Katie´s last blog ..Navy MondayMy ComLuv Profile

charles b. goode April 4, 2011 at 10:41 pm

those shoes are such eyecandy! what lucky finds! I love those orange ones :)
xx

Tiffany April 5, 2011 at 12:14 am

Every pair you purchased is an outfit-maker. You could wear a plain LBD with any of them and it would be a completely stylish outfit. Nice work! I love the gold and pale blue pairs the most.
Tiffany´s last blog ..reflections and suchMy ComLuv Profile

Ceri April 5, 2011 at 2:31 am

Those orange shoes are amazing !
Ceri´s last blog ..Mothers Day and Early Birthday PressiesMy ComLuv Profile

Chic 'n Cheap Living April 5, 2011 at 5:09 am

Score! It’s so true - I’ve gotten some amazing deals at sample sales and miss them!

xoxo,
Chic ‘n Cheap Living
Chic ‘n Cheap Living´s last blog ..Photo Love Inspiration- Expressing yourself with colorMy ComLuv Profile

ms. eggplant April 5, 2011 at 9:04 am

those are gorgeous! what a steal! i especially love the orange t-strap pair. LOVE :)
ms. eggplant´s last blog ..What I Wore Today- Lucky CharmsMy ComLuv Profile

Cate McLean April 5, 2011 at 9:39 am

Wow!!! These shoes are gorgeous…and I find myself feeling a bit envious :) You can’t go wrong at 40 bucks a pop! I didn’t realize you are on Tumblr - I love your blog (I am subscribed to your eblast list). I’m here on Tumblr, too, so I am now following!

Have a beautiful day.

-Cate

Laura Connell April 5, 2011 at 11:17 am

Wow, these are really lovely. They have a bit of a vintage, retro feel to them and the colours are bold yet the style is subtle so not overwhelming.

Lani April 5, 2011 at 1:05 pm

SOOO CUTE! great finds, jennine!
Lani´s last blog ..Now Wearing…My ComLuv Profile

Sonia Luna April 6, 2011 at 10:21 am

Oh, I like them all, especially the turquoise suede sandals!
Sonia Luna´s last blog ..Back For Good!My ComLuv Profile

good girl gone blog April 7, 2011 at 12:09 am

Oh wow, these are gorgeous! I love the color combinations :)
good girl gone blog´s last blog ..Petite Fashion Dilemma- Cuff vs HemMy ComLuv Profile