Hi, I’m a secret accessory junky.

by jennine on April 13, 2011

Addicts always seem to be the last to know. You may already know. I thought I was photographing shoes and accessories because they seemed easier than trying to make a dress on a rack look good. But it wasn’t until I laid out all my accessories for my niece to look at, that I realized. Just for traveling, I have a ton of accessories. This is just what I brought with me. Maybe it’s a phase, maybe it’s a new development, but it certainly is something. Accessories do make the outfit, they add depth and character. Hopefully I don’t go overboard too much which is why it took so long to see what was going on in my own wardrobe.

Anyway… since I laid out the goods for my niece, might as well show them all to you… many of these didn’t make it into outfit shots, which is a shame because I wear them quite a lot.

Shown above: Whistle Necklace: Madewell • Rhinestone tennis bracelets: Heirloom •  Lace Collar : Eleven Objects* (more soon) • Brass bib necklace: Vintage • Silver bangles: Tiffany* • Pewter cuff: Market Publique • Beaded cuff: Indian Store • Brass ring: Club Monaco •  Gold braided watch: Heirloom • Beaded choker: Indian Store • Studded bracelet: Target • Rhinestone and chain bracelet: Debut • Crystal necklace: Liz Larios* • Wooden bib necklace: Norwegian Wood • Trout pocket watch: Thrifted Sierra Club (pieces with * are gifts)

• Posterous

Ashe Mischief April 13, 2011 at 12:17 pm

YESSS.

Girl, if you ever need a new home for the lace collar or your Liz Larios necklace, just let me konw. I’ve got tons of accessories that would like to make friends with them ;)
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..After the Boys of Summer- Have GoneMy ComLuv Profile

jennine April 13, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Will keep that in mind!!! As they deserve a good home!

Amy April 13, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Yep, I’m a secret accessory junkie too. They’re just so great and easy to change the feel of an outfit.

How do you pack your accessories when you travel? I have a jewelry roll with three compartments but I don’t feel that’s safe enough.
Amy´s last blog ..Fantasy Dream Knits Heart on a String in Blue Some Kind of WrongMy ComLuv Profile

jennine April 13, 2011 at 1:41 pm

youknow that’s a good question. i am the worst at packing, a girl’s not gonna pretend.

DoraKristin April 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I’m also simply in love with jewellery as you can maybe see on my blog haha..ehh. Nice things you have!!!:)
DoraKristin´s last blog ..Goldfingers Smykkeskrin - GalleryMy ComLuv Profile

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk April 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm

That lace collar is just perfection, I want one!

Please vote for me to win Westfield’s blogger style competition!
http://www.blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last blog ..maximum impactMy ComLuv Profile

Pam @over50feeling40 April 13, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I am an accessory junkie!! I know it! I would much rather shop accessories than clothes and usually that is the first deparment that catches my eye. One of my students asked me last year how many scarves I owned…I didn’t know. The fact that she noticed and that I did not know shows a serious problem!! I undstand…we need a support group…Accessories Anonymous!! BTW…your tribal look is one of my top favorites since I have been blogging…i would wear it in a heartbeat!
Pam @over50feeling40´s last blog ..Extra- Extra Read All About It - Special Guests and Blogger Recognition!My ComLuv Profile

jennine April 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Ahaha… we should totally start a chapter! :-0

Cat April 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm

i love love LOVE the gold plate necklace in the last picture. I also really like the braided watch and the fish locket necklace. Ahhh, i’m also an accessory junkie, but I’m pretty lazy on most days. I’ll buy a bunch of cute stuff but end up only wearing it once or twice.

Cat
Cat´s last blog ..Glitz &amp Glam! Get Glitter Pumps!My ComLuv Profile

Madeleine Gallay April 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Accessories are so forever!
Madeleine Gallay´s last blog ..Happy Spring Day Of Red- Fire Breathing Dragons And A Year Of Good LuckMy ComLuv Profile

Ann Colville Somma April 13, 2011 at 1:44 pm

this is so funny, i just did a post on my jewelry addiction also (from etsy)…

JA - NYC Chapter
Ann Colville Somma´s last blog ..The Best Affordable and Amazing Etsy Jewelry ShopsMy ComLuv Profile

jennine April 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I’ll bring the cookies, will you bring the coffee?

The Wise Take April 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm

haha Yes! I’m also an accessory junkie :)
The Wise Take´s last blog ..New Yasen Marie Single- King of DarknessMy ComLuv Profile

lisa April 13, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Haha I’m an accessories junkie too. Sometimes I’ll deliberately tone down my outfit because I want to wear a certain statement necklace or dramatic earrings.
lisa´s last blog ..From Solo Lisas Kitchen- Breaded ChickenMy ComLuv Profile

Kori April 13, 2011 at 2:34 pm

What gorgeous finds…I’m an accessory junky too ! Kori xoxo
Kori´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday Lovely LaceMy ComLuv Profile

charles b. goode April 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm

wow. I’m in awe! this whole collection is amazing and I aspire to have a similarly amazing pile of accessories one day!
xx
charles b. goode´s last blog ..i want you endlessly Last Mondays OutfitMy ComLuv Profile

Casey April 13, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I’ve been starting to realize this year that accessories are where it’s at and also where I need to beef things up a bit in my closet! I think for years I equated “interesting”, “style”, and “unique” with garments, totally negating the side that a good selection of accessories can have on a smaller wardrobe. I’ve been doing a 30-day, limited wardrobe challenge this month, and man, has it opened my eyes to learning to pair accessories more skillfully into outfits!

I love so many of these pieces that you pictured; especially the big necklaces. As much as I like the romantic, lady-like look, I do love me some statement pieces. ;)

♥ Casey

Amada April 13, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Awesome collection. I also take a lot for travel! Love all your bracelets and necklaces!
xo

DWJ April 13, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Clearly, I have no problem with you being an accessories junkie. Since I’m one myself ;)

wobblinbetty April 13, 2011 at 6:03 pm

If we are talking about accessories I’m a real junky too :)
loving your choices
wobblinbetty´s last blog ..Wanna be my toyMy ComLuv Profile

eli April 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm

You’re also really good about wearing what you have though - I accumulate accessories and just never put them on. You are my accessories inspiration!
eli´s last blog ..And away we go!My ComLuv Profile

Neijah Lanae April 13, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Obsessed with that lace collar!

xoxo,

vanessa April 13, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Those are some great pieces. I really love the whistle necklace, and the trout pocket watch necklace.
vanessa´s last blog ..Outfit of the day Stripes on stripesMy ComLuv Profile

liana April 14, 2011 at 2:52 am

wow you’ve got some amazing pieces! i’ve been trying to expand my collection lately too :)

Fashion Bag 411
liana´s last blog ..Pink PerfectionMy ComLuv Profile

Ginta April 14, 2011 at 3:24 am

Wow, that lace collar is amazing! I really need to find something similar!
The last time I travelled I wore one pair of pants all the time, had 3 t-shirts with me and that’s it. But I had 3 bracelets, 6 rings and5 necklaces! :) ))
Ginta´s last blog ..ketchupMy ComLuv Profile

Cheryl April 14, 2011 at 5:19 am

That fish pendant/locket is so pretty!
Cheryl´s last blog ..Basic Color BlockingMy ComLuv Profile

Jessie April 14, 2011 at 7:30 am

i love the wooden necklace with the painting. so fabulous!!

Jessie´s last blog ..Calypso St Barth for Target aka the best collaboration everMy ComLuv Profile

Laura Connell April 14, 2011 at 10:38 am

I love that beaded Navajo type of deal on the bracelet. Didn’t I see you wearing that in your Proenza Schouler inspired outfit post?

Carly April 14, 2011 at 1:05 pm

total pig in shit staring at your vintage and heirloom goodies..my FAVORITE kind of jewelry. So interesting different and best, its one of a kind.
love this post:)