Missoni x Havaianas Beach Chic

by jennine on May 5, 2011

True story: I once told my father I could never live near him in Honolulu because flip flops are the staple shoe of the islands, I would miss wearing a whole pair of shoes. Yes, I would chose shoes over my own father. Sorry, dude.

With that in mind… What could possibly be more luxurious than a bit of Missoni at the beach? Ok… I think Missoni is probably more a pool brand or a yacht brand than a beach one (sand gets everywhere!) but no one can do bright colors and prints like Missoni bar none. When word came out about the Missoni x Haviana it caused a bit of a stir, I mean, come on! Flip flops? Well, I’d have to say that with their swimsuit line Missoni Mer and beach gear, it makes perfect sense. As a girl who grew up on the beach, and one who spent some time in Hawaii, I can tell you that any sandal going near a coast line is going to get trashed. Flip flops are great in the islands- especially ones with a “no-shoes indoors culture”- and a girl can get bored with solid colors like black. Believe me, I know!

Of course while at the launch event at the Missoni boutique, I had to sneak a few more pics for you! If I had an extra $4000 laying around for no other purpose than to be spent on clothes… I’d totally snag this fringe dress. Wouldn’t you?

• Posterous

Pam @over50feeling40 May 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I want the purple heels and the flip flops….so cool!

Madeleine Gallay May 5, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Missoni is so forever .. the kidlets could be wrong, very wrong, in attempting to commercialize and dilute the image. Aspirational and fine is good enough and there’s always a sale!!

Love the reflection of you in the photo.
Madeleine Gallay´s last blog ..Hermes Hermes And More HermesMy ComLuv Profile

Megan May 5, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I love missoni! And I live at the beach so thanks for the fyi! I would totally buy the fringe dress! Gorgeous!
Megan´s last blog ..A Vintage Living RoomMy ComLuv Profile

Jessie May 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I AM OBSESSED WITH THE FLIPFLOPS!! need those asap. perfect! missoni has really been collaborating. can’t wait for their collection with target.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com
Jessie´s last blog ..&amp It’s Released calypso st barth for target- my picks and opinionsMy ComLuv Profile

Eva May 5, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I pretty much like everything in this collection, the bikini and matching dress are especially lovely.
Eva´s last blog ..Santa Maria Novella- Fragrances and storiesMy ComLuv Profile

SERENA May 5, 2011 at 10:41 pm

YES! I WOULD SO GET THAT DRESS, VERY UNIQUE.
SERENA´s last blog ..Monaco Ruched Plus Size Swimsuit - Yellow - Plus Size Swimwear - Monif CMy ComLuv Profile

NiU May 6, 2011 at 11:55 am

OMG … I luv that dress … etniq

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk May 6, 2011 at 6:36 pm

That first paragraph is probably my favourite written thing ever - yep, better even than Shakespeare (so from me this time, sorry dude).
http://www.blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last blog ..Modniquecom giveaway updateMy ComLuv Profile

Zori May 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm

The collection is so beautiful. I have never thought that there is such an unusual collaboration available. But it turns out perfect!

Zori´s last blog ..OPI Shatter NailsMy ComLuv Profile

For Those About To Shop May 7, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Ah, the colours here are amazing! Loving the first pic. Those Missoni flip flops look nice but the pattern’s kind of wasted when your feet are in them. I’m not much for flip flops off the beach, either, but I’m like that with shorts, too.
For Those About To Shop´s last blog ..New Ebay vintage treasuresMy ComLuv Profile

Nicole Alicia May 10, 2011 at 11:26 am

I love those flip flops! They are so colorful!
Nicole Alicia´s last blog ..What My Momma Taught MeMy ComLuv Profile