Prada Minimal Baroque Sunglasses: From Drawings to Pictures

by jennine on May 18, 2011

Sandals, sunglasses… getting prepped for the notorious New York summer even though it’s chilly and rainy out. Sunglasses are quite possibly the most handy accessory (ahem, Sunday morning coffee run?) and this season’s clear stunner is the Prada Minimal Baroque sunglasses.

Last night I attended the From Drawings to Pictures opening, where Prada commissioned three illustrators to illustrate the famed shades, then Vouge Talents found young photographers, Federica Di Giovanni, Kuba Dabrowski, Ciraudo_Majola, Mattia Buffoli, Rosi di Stefano,Tassili Calatroni,Tatiana Uzlova and Tomás Nogueira to interpret the sunglasses for an exhibition at Prada boutiques in Milan, Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong, Istanbul and Madrid… If you’re not near any of those cities… I’ve included a few of the photos, of course I like the photos, if you put a cat in any picture, I will love it. Love. It. Same goes for candy… The sunglasses help too. They’re kind of like fashion candy!

It was good to get to try on some of glasses. They’re surprisingly wearable for how over the top they are. Admittedly I felt like Elton John in the more brightly colored ones, but the more subdued ones were whimsical and chic… my absolute favorite combination.

hillary May 18, 2011 at 11:08 am

love the elton john reference, but they really do look spectacular on you.

Sacramento May 18, 2011 at 11:12 am

I love them all. Who would not?,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sacramento´s last [type] ..Flea Market bargains and Bernau

Pam @over50feeling40 May 18, 2011 at 11:43 am

I really really want the brown sunglasses now…wish I hadn’t seen them….how cool!
Pam @over50feeling40´s last [type] ..Singing the Blogger &amp Busyness Blueswith a smile!

Kori May 18, 2011 at 11:56 am

Oh my, those are all gorgeous! Kori xoxo
Kori´s last [type] ..Wordless Wednesday Hooray For Houndstooth

Marguerite/@chicspace May 18, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Covet. Majorly. I will get these, just don’t know which ones!

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk May 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Bryanboy’s been rocking these lately but they look amazing on you too - more versatile than I would have thought!
http://www.blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last [type] ..Selfridges Project Ocean

Mish May 18, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I tried them on in black. I know, VERY safe. I adore the colors and you look especially fab in the tortoise shell version. xo Mish
Mish´s last [type] ..My Favorite Accessories

Jessie May 18, 2011 at 2:24 pm

love love love these sunglasses. so eclectic and fabulous.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com/
Jessie´s last [type] ..Welcome to APC the first day- the aura &amp the essence of this fabulous brand

marni May 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm

the first photo… LOVE!!! if only i hadn’t used up all my may b-day points i would def. take the plunge and buy these babies.
marni´s last [type] .. yes you may!

eli May 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm

It takes a brave person to wear the really fancy ones! They’re so cute, that whole season of clothes and accessories is so on point and beautiful on their own.
eli´s last [type] ..Fabric of our Lives

Amy Nievera May 18, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Oh my gosh! These are incredible! I love the curlicues. They make the glasses so unique, even in the safe black shade.

How much are these? (If I have to ask, I probably can’t afford them. Hah.)
Amy Nievera´s last [type] ..farfetch- the site for all your sartorial needs sponsored

For Those About To Shop May 19, 2011 at 11:50 am

Gorgeous! I love the tortoise-shell pair, probably because they’re the most “wearable”. Prada really knows how to do shades. I had a lovely pair that I splurged on then lost in the ocean in Costa Rica. The kicker is right before a wave washed them off my face, somebody warned me: “Be careful of your sunglasses!” I like to think some white-faced monkey in the rainforest is showing them off to his friends.
For Those About To Shop´s last [type] ..Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence covers Flare

SERENA May 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm

They are so unique and funky, I love them:)

Sweet Harvest Moon May 19, 2011 at 1:38 pm

The first ones are so cool!

Sweet Harvest Moon´s last [type] ..OUTFITPOST- Do you want to go to the seaside

Fashion Limbo May 20, 2011 at 10:12 am

I really, REALLY love these designs, they are a lot of fun :) the first pair, the dark more wearable model, really suits you xx
Fashion Limbo´s last [type] ..The Rant - Slutty Fashion

Swan May 23, 2011 at 7:15 am

Those really are nice.
Swan´s last [type] ..Peach lace- miniature crocodile- what

Haley May 26, 2011 at 5:26 am

So stylish and unique.Love all
Haley´s last [type] ..How many rooms are in the average hotel in Los Angeles