Acne Soho Boutique: Effortless Chic

by jennine on May 26, 2011

There is an art simplicity, as it demands more perfection. Flaws have no where to hide when everything is in plain sight. That’s what I always think when I see Acne’s collections, artful, yet utterly simplistic, a nautical tee, a pair of jeans, a tank top with just the right cut that makes the difference from slumming it to making a chic statement. Their clothes have always focused on comfort, a flowy blouse, an asymmetric shift dress, the perfect shade of red.  Acne’s always been on my lust list, and when I went to visit them the other day, it was a joy to be able to dress up and fondle the shoes the way I always do.

This season’s snake prints have really been on my list of loves, wishing I purchased the snake print chiffon pants instead of debating, the sleeveless blouse was more my lines in color intensity and the suede motorcycle jacket/trench hybrid is absolutely to die for! Of course, colored shorts are the hot item this season, as everyone has their red pair, I had to give them a try, and yes… you can wear red shorts with just about anything.

Visit the Acne Boutique in Soho

10 Greene Street
New York, NY 10013
(212) 625-2828

Top image collage via the Acne Facebook Fan Page

• Posterous

Courtney May 26, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Never mind clothes! Can we talk about how great your eyeliner looks? Love it!
Courtney´s last blog ..Glass Slipper Dress RehearsalMy ComLuv Profile

jennine May 26, 2011 at 4:14 pm

hahah, that’s only from 21 years of practice!

Courtney May 27, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I think that calls for a tutorial.
Courtney´s last blog ..Glass Slipper Dress RehearsalMy ComLuv Profile

Best of Palm Beach May 26, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Love the boots with the braids around them. Agree with Courtney your hair and makeup look great!!

Veronica
Best of Palm Beach´s last blog ..Rare Find- Jean Paul Gaultier Custom Made SkirtMy ComLuv Profile

BeLighter May 27, 2011 at 9:49 am

Effortless Chic! Sounds great, just what I like!!! Easy and good looking!
btw, you look wonderful, love the jacket!
BeLighter´s last blog ..Night CatsMy ComLuv Profile

SarahJayne @ Goldmine Trash May 27, 2011 at 11:35 am

Very French new wave. I love Acne. Cute out you’re wearing too!

For Those About To Shop May 28, 2011 at 11:58 am

I’m really digging snake prints lately and that blouse is amazing.
For Those About To Shop´s last blog ..Icon- Stevie NicksMy ComLuv Profile

Kristy May 29, 2011 at 3:29 pm

this is so yummy. so many gorgeous things i want to bring home and hang in my closet.

also, can we just discuss that second photo, the one of you? i love it so much. everything about it is really spot on, and the look you’re giving the camera is perfection.
Kristy´s last blog ..a few of my favorite thingsMy ComLuv Profile