Snake Prints, Skulls and Minimal Baroque

by jennine on May 31, 2011

Last week I received a package from Prada. They had sent the exact pair of Prada Minimal Baroque glasses I wanted… which they must have been doing some mind reading because at the event I tried on the black ones thinking that they were too severe… so ‘if I had the cash, I’d buy the tortoise pair.’ And didn’t say anything. It was a huge, huge, huge surprise to get them… and I haven’t taken them off since! They’re so glam! And the plastic has such a nice weight to them, but not too heavy, and the perfect size.

Just in time for summer… I’ve been bitten by the snake craze. Seeing snake prints all around, and needing something to bear the summer heat as my ‘summer dresses’ were actually San Francisco summer dresses, not nearly summery enough to bear the New York heat. I picked up this snake print tent dress at Zara one afternoon… this type of dress isn’t something I normally get, nor is Zara the place I normally buy dresses from, but it seemed to quench the particular craving I’ve been having as of late.

Because of the heat, and getting tired of ponytails and topknots, I’ve figured out how to braid my fine hair. in two loose French braids and pinned at the back, it’s a relatively easy way to tame the frizzy tresses and keep cool. Apparently this is just the beginning… who knew I would be as much a wimp about the heat as I was about the winter. Either way it’s lovely, the change in wardrobe, weather and environment is a fun adventure!

Goodness me, it’s time for a new black belt. Belts are the most neglected part of my wardrobe!

Wearing: Sunglasses: Prada (gift) • Dress: Zara • Shoes: Kooples • Belt: ??

• Posterous

Sweet Harvest Moon May 31, 2011 at 11:59 am

Wow, they are so beautiful! You look great!

Sweet Harvest Moon´s last blog ..OUTFITPOST- Goodbye Blue SkyMy ComLuv Profile

jennifer May 31, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Love your outfit! Congrats on the Prada sunglasses, they really are amazing & they look great on you! I really like the simplicity of the outfit and it’s perfect now that the weather is getting warmer to keep you cool and fresh all while looking chic :)
jennifer´s last blog ..FROM THE CONFERENCE TO YOUR COMPUTER SCREENMy ComLuv Profile

shannon May 31, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Love the sunnies, shoes, and hair! A lovely look !
shannon´s last blog ..Links A La Mode- IFB Weekly RoundUp May 26thMy ComLuv Profile

GRIT & GLAMOUR May 31, 2011 at 12:18 pm

This is a fantastic look on you, Jennine! Love it all…and the shades really suit you.
GRIT & GLAMOUR´s last blog ..Nail Polish- Faves- Tips- and TricksMy ComLuv Profile

Pam @over50feeling40 May 31, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I love everything here…the glasses, the dress, the shoes…the whole look is incredible and looks great on you! This style is so simple yet so fashionable!! How fun to receive such cool glasses!!
Pam @over50feeling40´s last blog ..Common Mistakes in the 50 WardrobeMy ComLuv Profile

BeLighter May 31, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Amazing sunnies!!! and tortoise! my favourite pattern! Looking great, in this soft colour palette!
BeLighter´s last blog ..Eclectic ApartmentMy ComLuv Profile

Dawn May 31, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Wow, you look gorgeous in your Prada sunglasses. I love the entire styling of your outfit. So so pretty. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xoxo

Florrie May 31, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Those sunglasses look wonderful on you and I can’t tell you how much I love those beautiful sides! Such a gorgeous shape and what a lovely, lovely gift.

Florrie x
Florrie´s last blog ..Pierre Garroudi- Royal Collection- AW 2011My ComLuv Profile

Behind the Lashes May 31, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Beautiful outfit. I wish there was a Zara’s closer to me, I would be there all the time haha.

suzy May 31, 2011 at 2:28 pm

you look so chic! so jealous you got those sunglasses, they look amazing. and i love the snake print dress; i too have also been bitten (no pun intended, lol) by the snake print craze and recently added a few pieces to my own closet. i love your hair like that too, i made a vow to start doing more with my hair, including braids. :)

Beneath the Glass
suzy´s last blog ..CobaltMy ComLuv Profile

blahblahbecky.co.uk May 31, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Zara is fantastic this season!

You’re so lucky, those sunglasses look fantastic on you! Can I have a pair please Prada? (Ha, I wish.)

I love your hair like that by the way :-)
blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last blog ..Bestival fashionMy ComLuv Profile

Kamicha May 31, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Wow, those sunglasses are great - and you rock them!
Kamicha´s last blog ..Still a knitterMy ComLuv Profile

Lindsay May 31, 2011 at 3:11 pm

LOOOOVE those sunnies!! Wish the Prada logo/word wasn’t there, but that’s just me - I love everything!
Lindsay´s last blog ..Welcome To SummerMy ComLuv Profile

Casey May 31, 2011 at 4:25 pm

What a lovely surprise for you! Those sunglasses are fantastic-the detailing is so amazing. Love your outfit from head to toe-and especially the braids! :) I’ve been braiding my hair a lot this spring and loving all the variations I’ve seen.

Carolinas Couture May 31, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Those Prada sunglasses are perfect and not to much, just very chic.
Carolinas Couture´s last blog ..Liberty of London The World Land TrustMy ComLuv Profile

Vyque May 31, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Jealous, they’re so hot!!!
Vyque´s last blog ..Draped Front Sleeveless CardiganMy ComLuv Profile

Lisa May 31, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Wait! I love this outfit. So tone on tone. Such a nice balancing of patterns! New York is shifting your style, I do declare, in a way I really like.
Lisa´s last blog ..How To Dress Like An Artsy Cousin- Genus Californian And TexaniaMy ComLuv Profile

Ashe @ Dramatis Personae May 31, 2011 at 10:17 pm

COULD YOU BE MORE CUTE?

good girl gone blog May 31, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Your hair looks gorgeous!
good girl gone blog´s last blog ..SoleMates- vol 2- Lei Ann from Lei Annoff DutyMy ComLuv Profile

Teemu June 1, 2011 at 1:47 am

Hi Jenine!

I have lusted over those sunglasses for two weeks now and I can’t get them out of my mind! I fell in love with the other style, “The Eyebrow Glasses” (the one that we saw on runway, but sadly without the runway eyebrow!). I checked on eBay, they are like 100 € more than those without the eyebrow, so maybe I should get them… though I don’t have like 500 € to put on to sunglasses at the moment, so maybe I just keep on dreaming. I got them for a photoshoot and they maybe will be in my new blog banner, but we’ll see… they are still fab and I love that colour of your glasses!

Overall, great look! I like the dress very much, that print is very trendy right now and looks good on you! :) And the shoes are also fab!

Much love from Finland! :)
-Teemu

Joy June 1, 2011 at 3:48 am

Sweet outfit but mindblowing sunglasses. They are so amazing!
Joy´s last blog ..Help YourselfMy ComLuv Profile

Raspberry & Rouge June 1, 2011 at 5:07 am

GORGEOUS dress and sunnies! Love it! XO Raspberry & Rouge

Fashion Limbo June 1, 2011 at 7:07 am

The heat has also reached the town I live in and I’m also discovering ways of knotting up my hair in some sort of stylish way, as much as I love wearing my hair down there is just no use in fighting the heat with a sweaty neck, yuck!
Love the dress, although I’m not one for snake print, this one looks very comfy to wear and easy to combine with so much. Great that they sent you the glasses :) :):)
Fashion Limbo´s last blog ..Fashion Limbo in Sleepy ModeMy ComLuv Profile

Domino June 1, 2011 at 8:01 am

Love love LOVE those Prada glasses, they look amazing on you!! also gonna have a wee browse for your dress its a lovely fit x

For Those About To Shop June 1, 2011 at 9:26 am

“I received a package from Prada.” Those are words I want in my vocabulary! Great shades. I’m a huge fan of tortoise-shell, too, and I love the arm design. Also like your subtle animal-print dress. Very nice overall!
For Those About To Shop´s last blog ..Learning from Oprah’s mistakesMy ComLuv Profile

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels June 1, 2011 at 9:46 am

I have to admit as much as I love New York, it is definitely not my favorite in the summer - I would much rather be in SF :-)

But your outfit is great! I especially love the flats!

Adele June 1, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Wow, those glasses are stunning!
Adele´s last blog ..Tunes Tuesday- Suck it and See- Arctic MonkeysMy ComLuv Profile

...love Maegan June 1, 2011 at 2:04 pm

omg I love this!!! ….love the sunglasses!! …love your hair!!
…love Maegan´s last blog ..This is Always Awkward but its my Birthday todayMy ComLuv Profile

Anne June 1, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Cute shades! What’s missing in the picture is some cool looking jewelry. How about a nice little pendant hanging down a slim chain? I love the one i bought on http://www.westcoastsilver.com

Onyxsta June 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm

LOVING those prada shades!!
Onyxsta´s last blog ..BLEURGHair - Retro Rihanna ShaveMy ComLuv Profile

Angela June 2, 2011 at 1:36 am

What a lovely outfit!
Angela´s last blog ..Sweet InspirationMy ComLuv Profile

Fajr | Stylish Thought June 2, 2011 at 10:50 am

The glasses look great on you! Love the braid and the shoes!
Fajr | Stylish Thought´s last blog ..Time Warp- Why the 40s and 50s are my Favorite Fashion ErasMy ComLuv Profile

Jacqueline June 2, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Ooh! I love those shoes. I think you posted them before when I was on a shopping ban, so all I could do was stare and pout. Thanks for the refresher. Hopefully, I can get myself a pair now.
Jacqueline´s last blog ..DIY GiftsMy ComLuv Profile

Cindy @ AlienBabyBlog June 6, 2011 at 12:52 am

What a cute outfit. Those sunnies are TO DIE FOR!
Cindy @ AlienBabyBlog´s last blog ..Get Out of My LifeMy ComLuv Profile