Messy Beehive

by jennine on June 2, 2011

Messy beehives are easy to do, all I used was a couple of combs and a few hairpins, and a bit of hairspray. It’s the perfect mix between vintage prim and grunge. As a girl with naturally wily hair, it intuitively felt like the right thing to do. I want to wear a messy beehive every day. Watch out Amy Winehouse! (Where ever you are.)

[UPDATE] Ashe Mischief was kind enough to point out I DID THIS BEFORE, messy beehive, three years ago. Again for a Halloween costume of a 1960′s housewife. Holy moly, I’m rehashing myself.

• Posterous

Ashe Mischief June 2, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Didn’t you have a tutorial for this wayyy back in the day? Or was that something else?
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..Omg Shoes! Steals &amp Deals at Shoe ThiefMy ComLuv Profile

jennine June 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm

omg! you know me better than i know myself…you’re right! http://the-coveted.com/blog/2008/08/04/messy-hair-on-purpose/

Ashe @ Dramatis Personae June 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm

There’s these little spats of posts from your past I remember, usually some kind of DIY (or amazing outfit)- like the time you dip-dyed tights! And this, because I obviously always want my hair that way…

Sam June 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I love this hairstyle, very sexy/chic and it only takes a few minutes to put together!
Sam´s last blog ..12 best places to shop for dealsMy ComLuv Profile

eliza June 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I love it! I got my hair styled like that for a fashion show a few weeks ago. I can’t for the life of my style my hair in much more than the tipical blogger bun, but when I pulled all the pins out after the show I discovered the secret: super wide ass pins! They look like “U”‘s! not the thin ones… anyways, I’m a total convert. Looks great miss :)

Best of Palm Beach June 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Super cute, effortless chic!
Best of Palm Beach´s last blog ..Alexander McQueen- A Love StoryMy ComLuv Profile

sarah June 2, 2011 at 5:44 pm

lovely stuff!
sarah´s last blog ..clemency girlMy ComLuv Profile

GawgusThings June 3, 2011 at 2:52 am

This looks great and I love your make-up!

van025 June 3, 2011 at 5:04 am

I love your make-up.It’s very nice
van025´s last blog ..The Importance of Business Surveillance SystemsMy ComLuv Profile

Fashion Limbo June 3, 2011 at 6:46 am

hahahhaha, loved that you already mentioned this and somebody else had to remind you ;) shows Ashe is a true fan! I do that (the hairstyle but also forgetting what i alread talked about!!) as my hair is also pretty unruly and wild, and this is a why of loving it for it’s fuzzness
Fashion Limbo´s last blog ..Links à la Mode- June 2ndMy ComLuv Profile

Courtney June 3, 2011 at 9:37 am

Lipstick color please!
Courtney´s last blog ..Ready to Go- Travel &amp Vacation Packing TipsMy ComLuv Profile

cc June 10, 2011 at 10:58 pm

i was wondering the same thing. yes, please!

For Those About To Shop June 3, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I love hair that looks effortless. Very sexy. Great for summer, too, with all the humidity.
For Those About To Shop´s last blog ..Fashion Friend Friday- Sunny DaysMy ComLuv Profile

Sweet Harvest Moon June 3, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Love the beehive!

Sweet Harvest Moon´s last blog ..OUTFITPOST- Goodbye Blue SkyMy ComLuv Profile

ann June 3, 2011 at 11:07 pm

OHHHHHHHHH there was a post on this even! it was so cute IRL.
ann´s last blog ..5 Under 50 - The Sultry but Subtle Summer BlouseMy ComLuv Profile

Susiii June 3, 2011 at 11:12 pm

<3 it!

Encore Maine June 4, 2011 at 4:24 am

hi. you have a beautiful blog. working hard to get mine up and networked. stop by and visit sometime. thanks.

Encore Maine June 4, 2011 at 4:26 am

Hi. You have a beautiful Blog. I am working hard to get mine up and networked. Stop by and visit sometime. Thanks.

SERENA June 5, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I’ve always wanted to do my hair like this, you make it look and sound so easy.
SERENA´s last blog ..A Retro TwistMy ComLuv Profile

Cindy @ AlienBabyBlog June 6, 2011 at 12:50 am

What a cute do! And that orchid lipstick is so cute!
Cindy @ AlienBabyBlog´s last blog ..Get Out of My LifeMy ComLuv Profile