Closet Raid Preview: Betsey Johnson Pink Lace Dress

by jennine on June 24, 2011

Sometimes, I’ll fall in love with something, and even though I love it, even though it physically “looks good” on me… for some reason, it doesn’t work. As a grown woman, cutesy isn’t exactly the first look to go for. Every time I wear pastels I feel like a fraud. Especially wearing pink. Even more so wearing pink AND bows! But hey, a girl’s gotta try new things! Yesterday, we did a photo shoot to create stock photos for IFB posts, and I thought it would be cute to wear something a little vintagey and cutesy. I bought this Betsey Johnson dress last year at Beacon’s Closet after seeing a similar dress at the Betesy Johnson store in ivory for ten times as much. I guess it just never made it to wear until now, in fact it was going to go on sale at the Blogger Closet Raid tomorrow…. I’ll be selling lots of lovely pieces that I love, but honestly can’t wear for one reason or another like a silk Prada blouse… so hopefully you can find something that works for you! Hope to see you tomorrow!

Blogger Closet Raid

Saturday, June 25th
12-4pm

Tribeca Grand
2 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013

The Coveted • Nitrolicious •  Holier Than Now • Sugar Rock Catwalk •  Keiko Lynn • Grease &  Glamour • Tineey • Sammy D Vintage •  Lovely Wanderlust • Edun • MiH  • Tribeca Grand •  Lyst.com

Photos by Nando Alvarez

• Posterous

Theresa G June 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Hi, the dress is adorable! But I believe Betsey is spelled with an E…xox

Ashe @ Dramatis Personae June 24, 2011 at 12:32 pm

It’s a super cute dress… and it does look great on you. I think it’s the color? Like if it were in olive green and sans bow, I could see you wearing the hell out of it.

How cute is that last picture?!

Lots of success to the Blogger Closet Raid- I’ll be thinking of you all!
Ashe @ Dramatis Personae´s last blog ..Links to LoveMy ComLuv Profile

Liz June 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm

The dress is really cute, but I know what you mean. It would definitely work if it was black. It does look cute though!

Chrissy - Boots & Pearls June 24, 2011 at 12:48 pm

OMG I am in LOVE with that dress! IN LOVE! I, too, like the look of pretty girly things, but they just don’t always work on me. This dress looks AMAZING on you - fun and summer-y without being too “little girl-ish.” FAB!
Chrissy - Boots & Pearls´s last blog ..Ride Recap 6.19.2011 – Dreamer is the bomb! :0)My ComLuv Profile

SACRAMENTO June 24, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I think you look fantastic in pink, as a matter of fact you are smiling hehehhe. But perphaps you feel safe behind the more suttle colour. After all if an outfit doesn´t make you feel wonderful, it better goes!!!
Have a fantastic sale.
I WISH I WAS THERE!!!
SACRAMENTO´s last blog ..Summer Haircut & LogosMy ComLuv Profile

Closet Cravings June 24, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I like the girly Betsey Johnson dress. The pink is very pink, but that’s why I like it. The dress also seems bit retro. =)
Closet Cravings´s last blog ..Because Friday is Fashionable: Summer SweatersMy ComLuv Profile

Jessie June 24, 2011 at 3:28 pm

old school betsey johnson. i love it. so happy fun and light.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com/
Jessie´s last blog ..See Ya Steffe {recap of my interning experience at cynthia steffe}My ComLuv Profile

rachel June 24, 2011 at 5:16 pm

i think you should dye that beauty black and rock it! the cut and style are totally amazing on you!
rachel´s last blog ..travelin’My ComLuv Profile

Jen June 24, 2011 at 7:34 pm

That top picture is so cute! Made me smile. :) Have a fabulous weekend!
Jen´s last blog ..Jeffrey Campbell vs. Forever 21: Who Wins?My ComLuv Profile

For Those About To Shop June 25, 2011 at 11:04 am

That dress is exquisite and I don’t think it’s too cutesy at all. Pink, lace and bows are always a lovely, feminine choice. It’s nice to embrace being a girl in an unapologetic way sometimes.
For Those About To Shop´s last blog ..Fashion Friend Friday: BloggingMy ComLuv Profile

Kristen June 26, 2011 at 6:38 am

This dress is amazing. I really like how you’ve done your hair, really gives your outfit that 1960′s vibe!

x
Kristen´s last blog ..OUTFIT POST!My ComLuv Profile

blahblahbecky.co.uk June 26, 2011 at 8:22 am

Wow it’s gorgeous, you look so naturally fabulous in it even if you don’t feel 100% like it’s you!

Wish I could make the closet raid. It sounds like fun.
blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last blog ..Florence: Piazzale MichelangeloMy ComLuv Profile

saigon June 26, 2011 at 2:12 pm

cutesy and pink. pink falls often into that cutesy category. but the dresss is awesome. the shoes add a more nastier look. compared to the dress

Em June 26, 2011 at 8:05 pm

You look so amazing! I adore the colour so much, and the lace is very pretty

Em´s last blog ..30 for 30 Remix Outfit 2 and IFB ProjectMy ComLuv Profile

Kim June 28, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I think you look great! Love the black underneath the pink & the red shoes. Well done!

-Kim

Jelena June 29, 2011 at 8:08 am

What a beautiful and magnificent dress!! And u look so happy and pretty in it!:)
U know what’s funny? I knew for your blog from before, and I have visited and commented few times, and now I saw I haven’t been following u!:Dlol Mistake is corrected!;) Enjoy your day!!
xoxo