IFB Project: Photos from Nolita

by jennine on July 20, 2011

This week’s IFB Project (which, I’m late for… sorry IFB) says to take photos of something inspiring from your neighborhood. Being a Navy Brat, I’ve lived in a lot of neighborhoods in my lifetime, so many I’ve lost count. Of all the places I’ve lived in, nothing has been more inspiring than Nolita, my little neighborhood in New York City. Every day I walk to work I marvel at the small tree lined streets, the beautiful people who live around here and the amazing food and shops. At first it was hard to explore outside the neighborhood just because this place felt so magical. Here are some of the things that are part of my life that inspire…

Photos by Nando Alvarez

• Posterous

Closet Cravings July 20, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I love small tree lined streets. Nolita looks like a lovely little neighborhood to explore. I’d like to start with something sweet at the Little Cupcake Bakeshop. Yums. =)
Closet Cravings´s last blog ..Beauty Bites: Nailed ItMy ComLuv Profile

Katy July 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Now I wish I participated in this little project. Your pictures are stunning and make me miss New York. Love the park picture with the little rainbow on the ground. - Katy
Katy´s last blog ..DIY Jean VestMy ComLuv Profile

Sheena July 20, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I just visited NYC this spring (for the first time) and I wanted to spend more time in Nolita because it really was amazing. I think your pictures really do capture the essence of the neighborhood-even from the little time I did spend there.
Sheena´s last blog ..Don’t Call it A ComebackMy ComLuv Profile

Nickie Frye July 20, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I love the playground with the rainbow reflection!
Nickie Frye´s last blog ..Toy Block JewelryMy ComLuv Profile

wyv-LYN July 20, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I would absolutely love to live in Nolita, in fact I previously browsed apartments in the area. Your pictures makes the neighborhood looks so admirable! I love it, especially the the rainbow near the slide. Great pictures! PS - there’s something about the brick architect in NY that makes this mid-west native, feel home-y. Odd!

Labella Luxe July 20, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Such a cute quaint neighborhood!
Labella Luxe´s last blog ..Coral Treasures EarringsMy ComLuv Profile

liz July 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

the rainbow pic is magical! Nolita is lovely, I used to spend a lot of time there as kid. Now, it’s hard to get me out of Brooklyn, other than to go to work. But it is a beautiful part of the city
liz´s last blog ..Still Loving Mermaid HairMy ComLuv Profile

Kate July 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Your neighborhood looks so pretty! I just went to New York for the first time in May, had an amazing time…got engaged in Central Park :) I definitely want to go back…I’ll have to check out Nolita next time. By the way, will there be any IFB events for the upcoming fashion week in September? Thanks Jennine!
Kate´s last blog ..Pretty In PinkMy ComLuv Profile

Amy July 20, 2011 at 9:34 pm

beautiful pictures! I’m new to the blog and love it! great style!

Desiree July 21, 2011 at 1:10 am

I love the beautiful colours of Nolita (what an amazing name for a neighbourhood!) - looks like you’re having a beautiful summer:)) xo
Desiree´s last blog ..Gold DiggerMy ComLuv Profile

sapir July 21, 2011 at 5:34 am

what a great cautch! (the photo with the rainbow)
sapir´s last blog ..Lose Weight EasilyMy ComLuv Profile

Bow tied beauty July 21, 2011 at 6:41 am

Love the blog! Please check mine out if you get a chance :)

x

Kristen July 21, 2011 at 7:02 am

These pictures are great! They’re what I imagine a perfect American lifestyle would embody.
km-iamyou.blogspot.com
x.
Kristen´s last blog ..10day Outfit Challenge: Day 2.My ComLuv Profile

Alanna July 21, 2011 at 8:58 am

I love these!! ok, can I use ones I already took? I Live in Brooklyn Heights and it’s a really charming area to take photos…with the promenade and Bk Bridge park and all. I kinda want to move into Manhattan, btu I really do love teh charm of my nabe.

Fashion Editorials July 21, 2011 at 10:42 am

Ooo…the last photo with that heart is so cute Good job
Fashion Editorials´s last blog ..The Hourglass EffectMy ComLuv Profile

For Those About To Shop July 21, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Those photos are amazing. Love New York! It’s got everything.
For Those About To Shop´s last blog ..Tennis Canada’s sexist adMy ComLuv Profile