Channeling the 1960′s

by jennine on July 29, 2011

Lately, I’ve been waiting for Mad Men to start, not realizing the serious delays in production this season. What a bummer. At the end of the last few summers, I’ve been loving the breath of 60′s inspiration, and fantasies about what life in 1960′s New York would have been like. Last month I bought a pink lace dress from Ann of Holier Than Now at the Blogger Closet Raid. It’s a comfy stretch lace dress with ruffled bell sleeves and has a definite 60′s vibe to it. This morning I decided to play up the 60′s (and my interpretation of the turband trend) by wearing a head scarf and big Jackie O style Prada sunglasses. Walking down the streets, I could feel the mid-century optimism, just by pretending it’s the 60′s! Yah, yah, the weird things that go on in my head. Anyway, until Mad Men gets back on the air, I’ll be watching re-runs and inventing my own outfits to quell the wait.

Wearing: Dress: Kimchi Blue • Scarf: L’Wren Scott* • Necklace: Heirloom • Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell • Bag: Coach* • Glasses: Prada* (*gift)

Photos by Nando Alvarez

• Posterous

Rachel July 29, 2011 at 11:43 am

You look amazing - LOVE those sunglasses!
Rachel´s last blog ..Weekly Love - Week 75My ComLuv Profile

Bad Joan July 29, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Love the whole look! That dress is fabulous on you!

GTBB,
http;//badjoan.blogspot.com

maing50fabulous July 29, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Fun. This has a 60′s vibe and a 1920′s Flapper vibe as well. Beautiful photos btw. How did you manage to be alone on that street?
maing50fabulous´s last blog ..Business Casual for Casual BusinessMy ComLuv Profile

jennine July 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm

oh my, we usually take photos in the morning! some of the streets are quiet, though they’re not always easy to find.

Courtney July 29, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I love your scarf!
Courtney´s last blog ..Getting Creative with Vibrant Lipstick ShadesMy ComLuv Profile

Closet Cravings July 29, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I’m missing Mad Men too. I really love those Prada sunnies on you. =)
Closet Cravings´s last blog ..Because Friday is Fashionable: Return Style to SenderMy ComLuv Profile

blahblahbecky.co.uk July 29, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I just adore the style from the 60s - the shapes and colours really suit me, much better than the other decades!

Loving your headscarf here :)
blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last blog ..London photo diaryMy ComLuv Profile

LuceBuona July 29, 2011 at 12:54 pm

G-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s!
LuceBuona´s last blog ..What should I wear: Job InterviewMy ComLuv Profile

Kate July 29, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Awww, I love 60s fashion. That dress is perfect for a 60s dress up day…by the way, when is Mad Men supposed to start? I’ve never seen it and I’ve been hearing so much about it…
Kate´s last blog ..Hipster ChicMy ComLuv Profile

Pam @over50feeling40 July 29, 2011 at 5:59 pm

This color looks amazing on you!! The whole look is good….but the color steals the show!
Pam @over50feeling40´s last blog ..Atta Boy….Bert!My ComLuv Profile

shanice July 30, 2011 at 8:10 am

that dress is adorably cute!

-www.shanicexoxo.info
shanice´s last blog ..Name Necklace 4 U !My ComLuv Profile

Daniel Dunt July 30, 2011 at 8:56 am

You have thrown this together so well; despite the fact that it looks like a rather simple outfit (effortless in some cases) I assume that a hefty amount of inspiration went into the outcome! + You look wonderful! - Daniel Dunt

Daniel Dunt´s last blog ..London Trade Show: MarginMy ComLuv Profile

Daniel Dunt July 30, 2011 at 8:57 am

hefty amount of thinking* (my bad)
Daniel Dunt´s last blog ..London Trade Show: MarginMy ComLuv Profile

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries July 30, 2011 at 1:10 pm

what a beautiful dress! The city makes such a great photo location! ^^

Enjoy the weekend!
xx Nikki

Blog:The Ginger Diaries

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries´s last blog ..Red LoveMy ComLuv Profile

Sindija July 30, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Oh, you look totally fab and chic in your 60′s creation!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Marissa July 31, 2011 at 6:30 pm

The headscarf is amazing. You pull it off so well, Jennine! I’m was in the same boat as you: I had no idea until recently about the Mad Men delays. I don’t know how much longer I can wait for my favorite show!
Marissa´s last blog ..While I Work: Jonathan SaundersMy ComLuv Profile

Emilie August 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm

We would definitely head back to the 60′s if we could! What a terrific post. A great time for fashion, that was!

Megan August 2, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I am in love with your dress! So gorgeous! U look like your having fun in the 60s!
Megan´s last blog ..Him and Hers Vintage Surf SummerMy ComLuv Profile