Green Jeans

by jennine on August 1, 2011

Either it’s cooling down, or I’m getting used to this hot mess, because I’ve been able to wear actual jeans without dying. It’s a good thing because, being dead is a drag, also I can pull out some of my favorite pairs of jeans and wear them around town. During the spring, I bought a pair of green jeans from American Apparel to test out the colored denim trend, if I would really like it. It turned out that I love green, and even more so, I love wearing green jeans! Though, the denim snob in me says these aren’t premium jeans, they aren’t the best fitting as they’re baggy in the knees and have a slightly awkward fit as compared to the uber comfy premium brands, but in comparison to regular pants, I love them, especially, zipper ankle opening.

Here I’m pairing the jeans with the Equipment Nixie blouse, leopard print shoes, and a vintage bag I picked up at a scrap yard (talk about mixing high and low). It’s nice to have such bright colors mixed in with black. Bright color’s a cheery way to start the week!

Wearing: Jeans: American Apparel • Blouse: Equipment • Sunglasses: Super • Shoes: Shutz • Bag: Vingate

freed mode August 1, 2011 at 12:14 pm

like your outfit ,this bag is beautiful love the vintage.

katie August 1, 2011 at 12:28 pm

You make wearing green look so very relaxed, chic, and easy. I’m thinking maybe Kermit was prone to a bit of hyperbole.
katie´s last [type] ..What to Wear: Post Apocalypse Version

lissy August 1, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I do love the colored jeans. I have a very similar pair from Zara that I used to test the waters and have since purchased Current/elliott and Rag and Bone colored denim (both of which I love). You look great and I especially love the pairing with the Equipment blouse.
lissy´s last [type] ..Sunday Supper - Veal Milanese

marni August 1, 2011 at 1:02 pm

i love the cut out shoulders on your top. what a fun outfit!
marni´s last [type] ..… my beach read

blahblahbecky.co.uk August 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Ooh they look fabulous!! Loving that shade of kelly green, suits you down to the ground.

I love my cobalt blue cropped jeans, they’re perfect transitional pieces.
blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last [type] ..“It’s all make believe, isn’t it?”

Aurora August 1, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Cute! I see what you mean about the knees, but there’s somehow something perfect about the fit. Maybe it’s the slightly cropped ankle. Love the bag, too.

Anna @ShoeHunting August 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I love the pairing of bright green jeans and leopard heels! So jungle-chic ;)

Courtney August 1, 2011 at 3:31 pm

My favorite part is the shoes! Such a surprise.
Courtney´s last [type] ..Getting Creative with Vibrant Lipstick Shades

liana August 1, 2011 at 4:19 pm

omg im soo in love with your leopard heels! those green jeans are awesome too, and your shirt!

Blog | Twitter | Shop
liana´s last [type] ..DIY: Galaxy Print Cut Off Shorts

Pam @over50feeling40 August 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I love how you tossed in the shoes!! This is great styling…I do not think I would have thought to do the purse and the shoes….but it looks amazing!
Pam @over50feeling40´s last [type] ..The Visible And The Invisible at Starbuck’s

Portlandia Fashion August 1, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I love how clean this blog is and how readable it is. You have great style and the incorporation of great backgrounds really adds emphasis to what you are wearing. We will be checking out your blog quite often!

Love K+J
Portlandia Fashion´s last [type] ..North-West Portland Military Inspired

Monroe Steele August 1, 2011 at 9:40 pm

that green looks amazing with those shhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss..so super stoked for IFB…i know you are hard at work for it and we all appreciate it!

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC
Monroe Steele´s last [type] ..a look back at july

WendyB August 2, 2011 at 12:25 am

I tried on a pair of green jeans a while back. Loved the color but not the fit on me.
WendyB´s last [type] ..We’re Raising Money for Mike D’s Yeti, Right?

sam @ goa carnival August 2, 2011 at 1:39 am

Looking cool in this dress from bottom to top but you are looking much beautiful in this sunglass.
sam @ goa carnival´s last [type] ..Goa Carnival Date 2011 (5th to 8th March)

BeLighter August 2, 2011 at 6:37 am

Very cool, girlfriend! Amazing outfit! Goes perfect with your hairdo!
BeLighter´s last [type] ..On The Road – Nowhere

Christine August 2, 2011 at 8:46 am

I was in American Apparel the other day and saw these jeans. I did a double take, but wasn’t to sure about them. I should have bought them- they look great! Thanks for sharing.

Siddharth Mishra August 2, 2011 at 10:46 am

NYC!!
Siddharth Mishra´s last [type] ..Main Disavantages of Samsung galaxy S Plus

Ginta August 2, 2011 at 12:56 pm

One of my favorite color combinations is blue and green. It’s strange combination but it works so well! Thank you for reminding! You look perfect!
Ginta´s last [type] ..projektiņš

Emilie August 2, 2011 at 3:56 pm

What a fun look! You really pull this off! I have always loved Kelly green.

Megan August 2, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I totally just bought a pair of colored pants and I love them! U look adorable!
Megan´s last [type] ..Him and Hers Vintage Surf Summer

Kate August 2, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Colored jeans are so fun! Love the bright green :)
Kate´s last [type] ..Pre Fall

TheShoeGirl August 2, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Kind of obsessed with this top…. <3
TheShoeGirl´s last [type] ..Cece L’amour Ads

For Those About To Shop August 3, 2011 at 11:00 am

What a fabulous outfit. The green jeans with the leopard print shoes are amazing. It’s like a cat in the (green) jungle.
For Those About To Shop´s last [type] ..Fashion and fitness: can they co-exist?

sckemen August 3, 2011 at 11:02 am

You really give justice in wearing that green pants with any top and different high heeled shoes! Not everybody can wear it the way you wear it. That’s my favorite color!
sckemen´s last [type] ..TIPS IN SAVING MONEY

Sonny August 3, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Unless or until you see the inseam from close up (the 2nd pic), it’s hard to even tell that those are jeans. Anyone viewing from the distance of the photographer in the first pic might just as well assume that the trousers are made of wool or some other fabric…
Sonny´s last [type] ..SHIELD Protocol - Create Captain America’s Weapon and Guard

Belstaff Jackets August 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm

What a fabulous outfit.

Dsquared2 Jackets August 3, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I totally just bought a pair of colored pants and I love them!

Amy-Jo Tatum/Bride Chic August 4, 2011 at 1:30 am

Very inspiring! I’m going to round up whatever pieces I can out of my closet to get this look…

Suteki August 4, 2011 at 4:17 am

Nice Jean but I can not dare to wear it.So colorful.You’re so beautiful with that Trouser
Suteki´s last [type] ..Tips to avoid Heartburn

caronline August 6, 2011 at 3:35 am
delia August 8, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I am in love with the green-leopard print combo. So fun and chic!

Kate August 14, 2011 at 10:06 pm

These green jeans are AMAZING on you! I’ve yet to try out colored denim but it always looks so fun on others! Love how you styled them - that blouse is gorg!!
Kate´s last [type] ..Leopard Shoe Extravaganza!