Bleach London gave me My Little Pony hair

by jennine on September 13, 2011

bleach london hair

To be honest, I asked them to do it. It’s supposed to wash out in 4 washes, so I took the chance. I haven’t even thought of dying my hair other than brown or bronde for years and when Bleach London opened up their pop up shop at Milk Studios, I wanted to give it a go.

Bleach London specializes in the ombre on acid. You can get any kind of wild color there and they have a way of making it look good. My stylist Alisha, suggested with my crazy hair texture to get strands of multiple colors, pink, purple, green… kind of like a My Little Pony. I have to say, I like the results, it’s fun and if I want to put the pink away, all I have to do is put my hair in a bun, and that is that. Oddly enough, after I got my hair done, I ran into of all people Terry Richardson, who said, “cute hair” in a really nice and a surprisingly not creepy way. I’ll have to take that as a compliment.

Oh! And while we’re on the My Little Pony topic, have you heard of Bronies? They’re dudes who sincerely like My Little Pony. Woah.

Photos by Nando Alvarez

• Posterous

Carol September 13, 2011 at 11:41 am

I LOVE IT! If I had long hair I’d do it too. I don’t think it would look right on my pixie hair cut.
Carol´s last blog ..Blogging IdeasMy ComLuv Profile

Krista September 13, 2011 at 11:45 am

LOVE. I’ve been “dying” to do something like this as well… looks great!

Winnie September 13, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Completely in love with your new hair!

WendyB September 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I prefer to call it “My Little Hipster.” Ha ha! But you look adorable.
WendyB´s last blog ..In Case You Missed This Weekend’s Posts …My ComLuv Profile

Susi September 13, 2011 at 12:24 pm

soooooo cooooooooooool!!!

Closet Cravings September 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm

So lovin’ it. It’s great that you can do something fun without being committed to it. =)
Closet Cravings´s last blog ..Beyonce’s Satin Cowl Neck BlouseMy ComLuv Profile

Nadine2.0 September 13, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Ok…I am a convert. This is honestly the first time I have found the coloured hi-lights ADORABLE!!!
Nadine2.0´s last blog ..Diane von….Home Ec gone wrong?My ComLuv Profile

Bella Q September 13, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I love the fun colors! I’ve been wanting to dye my hair pink- and I think you’ve motivated me to get crackin’. I’ll dedicate the attempt to your locks.
Bella Q´s last blog ..My Life in NeutralMy ComLuv Profile

GawgusThings September 13, 2011 at 2:11 pm

It looks fabulous - I love it!
GawgusThings´s last blog ..Metallic MagicMy ComLuv Profile

Joy September 13, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I love it and you look amazing!
Joy´s last blog ..D-1My ComLuv Profile

Grace - stripes & sequins September 13, 2011 at 4:23 pm

this is really fantastic!! you look great!

Lisa September 13, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Yes! I am a conservative, classic dresser and I STILL love the way this looks on you.
Lisa´s last blog ..LPC Is At Corporette For Sort Of Splurge TuesdayMy ComLuv Profile

archer September 14, 2011 at 6:32 am

I love the view when we look it in the whole thing of the bridge..Thanks for the post! :P
archer´s last blog ..online parking gamesMy ComLuv Profile

christina September 14, 2011 at 8:41 am

I love it! I currently have pink in my hair too and I get so many compliments. And like you said, if you want to hide it, just pull it back and tuck it under.
christina´s last blog ..Target Tuesday & MissoniMy ComLuv Profile

Lou Lou September 14, 2011 at 10:52 am

Wow it turned out really well. I’ve been dying to get my hair done at Bleach. Hopefully during my next London visit. x
Lou Lou´s last blog ..My feature in CompanyMy ComLuv Profile

Laura Hueto Puig September 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm

How AWESOME… *-* I don’t want that, I need it! Immediately! :D You look absolutely wonderful!
Laura Hueto Puig´s last blog ..Paris Diaries - Photographer’s block and FNOMy ComLuv Profile

blahblahbecky.co.uk September 14, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I think it looks AMAZING! I love how you’ve been so adventurous with your hair in the couple of years I’ve been reading your blog (:
blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last blog ..M&S AW11 styling challenge: day 7My ComLuv Profile

The BB September 15, 2011 at 12:51 am

Love this so much.
The BB´s last blog ..Living Proof helps you play it straightMy ComLuv Profile

Rebecca September 20, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Love it! I’m not gutsy enough for that look, but you pull it off very well :)
Rebecca´s last blog ..Not so Sheep(ish)My ComLuv Profile

Kim September 27, 2011 at 10:14 am

I love this! Love! If I had the kind of job where I could have hair like this, I’d do it in a second.
Kim´s last blog ..Weekend Wrap Up: Feed Me Seymour EditionMy ComLuv Profile