Red Lipstick to Brighten up A Rainy Day

by jennine on October 19, 2011

It’s gross and rainy. This time, it’s not just gross and rainy, it’s also got this kind of chilly fall vibe. When it’s like that, I usually turn to red lipstick (as if we needed yet ANOTHER post about red!). Red lipstick was the first makeup I ever bought. It was Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door for $10. I had a friend who wore that lipstick and it was just the perfect shade. Since then, red lipstick has been the thing that could make any outfit look put together, and on days like today, it makes an otherwise sensible outfit come together as something special.

Lately, I’ve been wearing Lancome’s Color Fever, which is from a few years ago. I loved the color, but when it was new, it was too dewey and got on my teeth. Afraid to throw it away, I hung onto it, for some strange reason, and it must have aged well because now it stays on perfectly. Who knows? Talk about random lipstick stories!

Here, I’ve been experimenting with my new iPhone… since losing my old iPhone in a London cab… the new iPhone has some pretty amazing video apps, like Videolicious, I was able to put together this video in 30min… not bad if you ever had to put together video before!

Wearing: Trench Coat: Gryphon • Skirt: Raoul • Sweater: Vintage • Boots: Aldo

TheFabChick October 19, 2011 at 12:59 pm

definitely going to check out that app!! great vid done in 30 minutes and from your iPhone at that! cool stuff!

GawgusThings October 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Oh yes! Red lippy all the way to stop you feeling blue :)
GawgusThings´s last [type] ..5 for under £25 - Pussy Bow Blouses

Nancy October 19, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Your lipstick brightened up my day. From one lipstick fan to another. :)
Nancy´s last [type] ..Weekend To-Do’s and Shopping Finds

WendyB October 19, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I just got two more tubes of MAC’s Lasting Lust!
WendyB´s last [type] ..Get Smart (About the Price of Gold), Part II

lisa October 19, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I love red lipstick! I think I’m up to 5 right now, and somehow I manage to justify owning all of them because they’re all slightly different shades of red lol. They really do brighten up a dreary day.
lisa´s last [type] ..The Bay & FLARE Present the Fall/Winter 2011 Trend Report

Fenke October 19, 2011 at 2:43 pm

so i guess, i should give that lancome lipstick another chance aswell? (or isn’t this the same one i have ? :-) )
Fenke´s last [type] ..SUIT | Relaxed attire from denmark

SarahJayne @ Goldmine Trash October 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Always a sucker for a good red lipstick! I love the ones by Guerlain and Chanel. L’Oreal make wonderful lipsticks too. They never dry up and flake!

JillianB October 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I love love love red lipstick from Red Apple. Gluten free and fanatasic! Gorgeous colors too.

Joy October 19, 2011 at 4:54 pm

cute video! i love the red lip~~ the weather is kinda gross here in MA too.
Joy´s last [type] ..New Lover in Town

Chandler October 19, 2011 at 7:26 pm

nothing’s better than a classic red lip. I personally love NARS’s “Jungle Fever.” Another thing I like to do is wear the lipstick as more of a stain when I’m not feeling like going for a full-on red lip. Great post!
Chandler´s last [type] ..Enter Desolation Wilderness: Vimeo Oct. 24th

absolutely mrs k October 20, 2011 at 9:54 am

oh my beloved NYC! i even love the city on a rainy day! you look amazing with your red lips, they really pop up and make a rainy day so much more fun

la femme October 21, 2011 at 8:31 pm

It always does :)
la femme´s last [type] ..purling for penguins

blahblahbecky.co.uk October 23, 2011 at 4:38 am

I always wear make up for work but the other day I added red lipstick to the equation - no other changes to my usual daytime look - and my colleague told me my make up looked lovely.

It just finishes everything off perfectly and makes you look more ‘done’!
blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last [type] ..Dot-to-dot