Winter Floral Dress

by jennine on December 9, 2011

winder florals

These days, I’ve been living in pants, jeans, even yes, sweatshirts. It seems strange because I used to be so much into girly dresses. Looking into my closet, I have all these beautiful dresses that really don’t get enough wear during the chilly winter months. So today, I pulled out my favorite Cacharel silk floral dress with, and just layered it with a… yes, a wool BLAZER, tights and some HeatTech from Uniqlo. It’s perfect for a brisk Friday, to look both feminine, professional and cozy.

Oh, and I’m going to see the Nutcracker tonight after work! It’s been a life long dream of mine to see the NYC Ballet’s Nutcracker. It helps to have a dress that can go from day to night!

Wearing: Dress: Cachael • Blazer: Juicy Couture (gift) • Necklace: Shopbop • Tights: Hue • Shoes: Sam Edelman • Watch: Liberty

Photos by Nando Alvarez

déjà pseu December 9, 2011 at 12:48 pm

What a great look! I love that jacket, may have to rethink my aversion to anything Juicy…
déjà pseu´s last [type] ..Mad About The Boy, And Assorted Tidbits

Ashe December 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I think this is one of my favorite outfits from you ever.

lisa December 9, 2011 at 1:33 pm

The details on the back of your blazer are amazing, and I love the vivid blue in your silk dress’s pattern.
lisa´s last [type] ..Today’s Outfit: Blue Gold

Stephanie December 9, 2011 at 2:03 pm

This outfit is amazing! The dress is a great staple but it’s really your styling that makes the look so memorable. Inspiration board-worthy :)
Stephanie´s last [type] ..Refinery29, Olivia Palermo and Topshop team up for a very well-dressed threesome

Joy December 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Unexpected but so pretty!
Joy´s last [type] ..Friday Favourites VI

aline December 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm

this is very pretty.. that blazer is so eye catching! have fun at the nutcracker, it’s just the best!
aline´s last [type] ..Write Your First Like..

Elle December 9, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Stunning
Elle´s last [type] ..Katy Perry’s New Hairstyle!

Laura Hueto Puig December 10, 2011 at 10:43 am

What a loovelyy outfit!! The dress in stunning, and the blazer… unbelievable! *-* I’m so jealous about the Nutcracker, btw!! It’s my 2nd favourite ballet after the Swan Lake… ;)
Laura Hueto Puig´s last [type] ..DSLR Heaven - Barcelona in the Fall

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk December 10, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Just gorgeous, such pretty colours to perk up a winter-y day :)

I wish it was still warm enough to get away with that here in London!
http://www.blahblahbecky.co.uk´s last [type] ..Please Santa, I’ve been so good!

The Blossom Shed Beauty Blog December 11, 2011 at 9:16 am

Gorgeous dress! I love Cacharel - and that blazer is pretty brilliant too - Juicy Couture has some gorgous, well tailored jackets these days….
The Blossom Shed Beauty Blog´s last [type] ..Gift Guide - Make Up For Ever’s Best Of Set

Ahu December 11, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Love your dress

Ahu´s last [type] ..SCARLET

Jessica December 11, 2011 at 8:54 pm

It’s just the time of the year I think. The weather gets cooler and you just want to be cozy! I love the print on the dress and I agree with the others about the blazer, such a unique detail in the back.

Have a nice time at the Nutcracker! :-)

Jessica
Jessica´s last [type] ..Review of It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product

fshnonmymind December 11, 2011 at 10:25 pm

The blazer detail is just amazing!! I love things with special touches like that.
I have a floral dress that I have yet to wear and have been trying to think of the best way to winterize it without freezing my butt off. Your outfit is fabulous and definitely inspirational.
fshnonmymind´s last [type] ..Just a Little Time

Jessie in Fashion Limbo December 12, 2011 at 5:20 pm

That last picture is stunning, Nando takes such fantastic images :) Gorgeous colours in this dress Jennine. I tend to forget my frocks during the colder months, in the same way I forget about jeans and long trousers during summer, especially when in Spain.
Jessie in Fashion Limbo´s last [type] ..Supermodels on Film - Duran Duran’s new video

Ellen Kaminagakura December 12, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I loved the dress, but that blazer won my heart ! gorgeous !

Xoxo from Japan

Jaye@Curvatude December 13, 2011 at 11:27 pm

really cute and i love that blazer..what a funky detail!
Jaye@Curvatude´s last [type] ..{giving} a few of my favorite things…

Nicole Scott December 14, 2011 at 5:23 am

The floral dress is just stunning. Although it seems not a prom dress, I think it’s perfect for night out or a get-together party with friends.

Shawna Walker from Suite Life December 14, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Is that drapping detail on your blazer or the dress? Wow, that is a super cute outfit!!!

Great Celebrity Fashion December 15, 2011 at 6:35 am

why same model in all the shoots.???
Great Celebrity Fashion´s last [type] ..Crushing on Columbine

Emily December 15, 2011 at 11:34 am

I just love the dress… with the Blazer great but I just love the match with the tights… I love the style… And you’ll sure look good for the ballet!!!
@emilydeight
emisplace.wordpress.com
Emily´s last [type] ..Look 15/12/2011 – Just 4 Men et pour nous aussi!!!

Natalie December 18, 2011 at 3:13 am

wow, that blazer is fuh-resh!! Such a clever back to it and quite complimenting. Beautiful on you. Go on girl!
Natalie´s last [type] ..C’est What?!