Flannel, Jeggings & Givenchy

by jennine on February 3, 2012

Flannel and Jeggings

During the winter, a flannel shirt will save your life. Well, it’s saved mine at least. Maybe not literally, but cozying up with a flannel. As we head into the last few days before fashion week, I’ve been working a lot, and kind of tired, so that pretty much means jeggings every day. Yeah, they may be 2009 style, but I still love to wear them, as they’re super comfortable on those days you feel like your want to slum it up.

But slumming it in New York City is never an option! Throw on a moto jacket and a pair of high heel booties, with a statement necklace, and you go from practical to chic. Well, as chic as I can get these days.

The IFB Conference Sponsor, BaubleBar sent over something for me to wear next week..I was so excited, I wore it today to snazz up my outfit. Those who are going to the conference will be getting a surprise!

OH! Over the weekend, I scored a Givenchy Pandora bag in nude at Intermix! It was half off, then 50% off that! Can you believe it! I’ve never owned a designer bag, and this is my first. Love. It’s the perfect bag to last through spring. Heck, maybe even the year.

Photos by Crissie Fuller

Natasha Fatah February 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Jennie, you always look so fabulous and natural.

xoxo
Natasha Fatah´s last [type] ..Men, Women and the Space Between Us

Joy February 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm

oh this great. what a steal!
Joy´s last [type] ..Trying to Make This Grandpa Chic Thing Happen

Lindsey February 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

That bag is amazing! And buying it on sale!!! Even better!!! I agree with you on the jeggings… Sometimes they are just too easy to not wear… Oh and not to mention the comfort level!
Lindsey´s last [type] ..Birthday Week – Day #5

Patricia February 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Oh, I love jeggings as well. So what? We should wear what makes us feel good - and I’m sure you agree with me. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. ~Pat

Grace - Stripes & Sequins February 3, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Jennine, the BaubleBar necklace looks absolutely fabulous on you!! Love it!

life/style/flash. February 3, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Ooh what a steal you got there, and it’s so gorgeous!

Love your boots too - gorgeous as ever :)
life/style/flash.´s last [type] ..Project 365 / January

Eboni Ife' February 3, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Oh Jennine! You look chic as ever. Those jeggings are extra special with those buttons on the sides. I love ‘em. (2009 or not!)

WHAT A STEAL on that bag! Wowza. It’s beautiful!

p.s. I remember when you got that jacket on a whim.. You’ve been getting so much wear out of it. It was clearly a good investment! LOL
Eboni Ife’´s last [type] ..ATTN Google Subscribers, I Don’t Want to Lose You!

Vanessa February 4, 2012 at 4:59 am

Amazing blog, I am following :)

You are really pretty and you look so elegant!

xoxo

GawgusThings February 4, 2012 at 5:16 am

Definitely a look for me and I can’t believe how lucky you were with the bag - kerchiiiing!

Emma x
GawgusThings´s last [type] ..Valentine’s Crafts

Jessie in Fashion Limbo February 4, 2012 at 8:01 am

Gorgeous bag, i think you shared it through your instagram the other day and I instantly fell in love with it. The colour is divine and the shape is so casual and perfect for every day wear. I do agree, it should work the entire year ;)
Jessie in Fashion Limbo´s last [type] ..Madonna’s New Video - not her best, but a sure hit

Pam @over50feeling40 February 4, 2012 at 8:02 am

Best styling of a flannel shirt I have seen anywhere! Cute, cute look!!
Pam @over50feeling40´s last [type] ..KOHLS Defense and Our Shopping State of Mind

Neha February 4, 2012 at 8:19 am

Jennine - you look fabulous! Am also dying to know where you got the jeggings from. Hopefully they are still available somewhere!

Eda ♥ February 4, 2012 at 11:36 am

Beautiful look darling.

Eda ♥

Would love for you to follow my business venture on twitter @bibbyscupcakes!

Clare @ The Blossom Shed February 4, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I’m usually not a fan of any clothing items that involve hybrid words - like jeggings:) But I must say this might have just changed my mind - those look so comfy and chic, and I love the buttons!
Clare @ The Blossom Shed´s last [type] ..Friday Frock

Mary February 4, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Yes! You look fabulous. Love love your bag. And being from Maine originally, i am a lover of flannel. Once in awhile that is. Not often.. lol I tend to avoid the red plaid. It IS warm, though.. :)

THE-LOUDMOUTH February 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Rockin’ look! I looove your hair right now.
THE-LOUDMOUTH´s last [type] ..Sunday Jam Sesh

Denise February 5, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I love these kinds of thrown-together-in-a-moment looks (even if they weren’t). Also really glad to see that full length pants still have some style cred. I’ve tried the cropped winter pants thing, too leg shortening on me.

karo February 6, 2012 at 9:27 am

I LOVE YOUR BLOG:)

check out my site

nancy @ adore to adorn February 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm

looking good! =) i love the grunge, laid-back appeal.
nancy @ adore to adorn´s last [type] ..Unlike the Other

Eunice February 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm

You are looking fab as per usual :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag. the colour is to die for and works with everything.
Eunice´s last [type] ..collette dinnigan a/w 12

Iris February 7, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Great outfit! Love this combination
xIris from Irisistible
Iris´s last [type] ..Mady By Myself / Clutch

Midnight Cowgirl February 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Love your bag and the amazing deal you got on it!

Onyxsta February 9, 2012 at 5:16 pm

BLEURGH
the ombre *thumbs up*

Patricia39 February 10, 2012 at 3:40 am

Hi Jennie, I love your outfit! You look so cool, you carry your attire with confidence.
Patricia39´s last [type] ..movers Chesapeake

Isa February 10, 2012 at 8:12 am

It just shows how a great bag and necklace can completely upgrade a more simple look which is totally my fav flannel shirt and jegging …Isabel Marant has done us all a favour!
Isa´s last [type] ..PRADA MILANO