Everything in Black and White

by jennine on February 10, 2012

black and white j crew dress

Honestly, I’m not trying to be contrary… there are indeed many a beautiful color in today’s trend pallets. However, I’ve really been feeling the while blakc and white thing for myself. At the IFB Conference, I wore a black Rodarte for Opening Ceremony dress, and I don’t know… today I’m wearing a J Crew dress with a black and white pattern bought especially for fashion week…even though I spent all day working, so it’s good that this dress also makes the perfect work dress, and it’s so comfortable!

Over the summer I picked up a Dannijo necklace on the Outnet when they were having their additional 30% off sale. It felt like a deal, but when I never wore it, it felt like an expensive necklace. So now I’m going to wear it, because it looks pretty on the necklace rack and it really should be pretty on my neck! How many of those things do you have when you buy something on sale, then never wear it?

Speaking of things bought on sale, these Aldo booties, were purchased on sale, marked town to $50… and wear them all the time, they are the most comfortable booties ever. So maybe the message of the day, you never know what you’re going to get when you get something. ;)

Wearing: Dress: J Crew, Necklace: Dannijo • Boots: Aldo • Tights: Uniqlo • Jacket: Topshop • Bag: 3.1 Philip Lim • Ring and cuff: Low Luv

Photos by Taylor Davies

Elle @ Chellbellz February 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Very Nice, the pattern on the dress is really fun.
Elle @ Chellbellz´s last [type] ..Chocolate Stout Cake

GawgusThings February 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Rocking that necklace lady!

Emma xx
GawgusThings´s last [type] ..Zara Furry Bag

Daniel Dunt February 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Another beautiful outfit, Jennine. You look fantastic!

Natasha Fatah February 10, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Fantastic outfit! I love that dress and necklace!
You look amazing!

xoxo
Natasha Fatah´s last [type] ..Ser Naco Es Chido!

Patricia February 10, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I loooove black and white, and I wouldn’t mind wearing this combination forever… the more I try to wear other colours, the more I like the black and white together…

About things we buy and never wear, it even seems we lack self-knlowledge, right? I agree that we never know how many times we’re gonna wear a piece. We’re often surprised.

And I love your tuque <3

Take care!
˜Pat
Patricia´s last [type] ..For a pair of shoes

nancy @ adore to adorn February 10, 2012 at 6:32 pm

love a good black & white look. I think looks like color combination can be interpreted by everyone in so many classic and chic ways. =)
xo,
nancy
nancy @ adore to adorn´s last [type] ..Classics

Mary February 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Love the necklace. Have never seen it on its rack, but it looks lovely on! :) And those boots are fabulous. Oh, and i adore your hat.

Elizabeth February 11, 2012 at 4:58 am

LOVE this outfit!!

every single piece is amazing!! GO GIRL!
Elizabeth´s last [type] ..TURNING TWO

Julie February 12, 2012 at 5:49 am

OMYGOSH. Your outfit is soooooo awesone!!
Darling, I am totally in love with that dress, it’s to die for.. and this bag is very-very beautiful!

I lovee your blog, very cute and interesting!

Much Love,
Julie

ps. u have a new follower now :)

Shelley February 12, 2012 at 10:45 pm

That is one fab neckpiece! I like when statement pieces like that are paired with something more casual-makes it feel less “precious”. The whole outfit works so well together and those are some awesome ankle booties!
Shelley´s last [type] ..Sunday Afternoon at the Roller Rink

Eunice February 12, 2012 at 11:10 pm

You look great. Black and white is always the way to go! :)
Thank you for the pictures on Instagram. I loved seeing all the updates and how you are still desperately trying to update when your phone is running out of batteries ;)

Denise February 13, 2012 at 3:17 am

Love the necklace! It deserves to be seen often. But I totally understand your story. I had a Tucker blouse I bought in October (not on sale yet) and wore it for the first time last night. I was starting to hate it! Now I like it again and have another idea how to wear it. My lesson: wear your new item soon, or else return it. You don’t want to fall into the regret- wardrobe orphan-guilt cycle.

For Elyse February 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Such a cute outfit!!!!

Here’s some similar shoes: http://www.forelyse.com/product/Expie-Paprika-Heel/ST-58394

Jenna February 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm

You look great- love how your jewels add a little edge to such a classic dress. Loving the combination! You’re so right- the allure of the sales rack always wins..

Labella Luxe February 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Love all accessories! Cute ankle boots.