Finding the Perfect White Jeans

by jennine on April 4, 2012

white jeans

It’s Spring, the days are getting longer and sunnier, the flowers are a blooming… and it’s usually time to pull out the lighter clothes. I had been meaning to get a pair of white pants, but more often than not, you’d see me opt for jeans. However, finding the perfect white jeans is more difficult than it seems as white tends to be transparent, things like pockets become a very big deal. Who likes to wear see thru pants (aside from Lady Gaga?)  I am too old to wear see thru anything! Anyway, after trying on a million pairs buying and returning, Taylor, who had given a review of the Paige Ankle Skinny Jeans in White told me they were the best she’d tried on so far, and I decided to give them a go. Lo and behold, not only are they sturdy and comfortable, they’re also not transparent. Love! Anyway… the craving for white jeans had finally been quenched.

Wearing: Motorcycle Jacket: ASOS (gift) • Shoes: Prada • Glasses: Super • Jeans: Paige • Necklace: Jene de Spain • Bag: 3.1 Philip Lim

Photos by Taylor Davies

Cammila April 4, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Fair enough — you look amazing. I guess I’m getting crotchety in my old age, but I still react to the very phrase “white jeans” with incredulity. However, I must say, you make them look effortless. The cognitive dissonance is making my brain hurt. But in a good way.
Cammila´s last [type] .."Oh lovely, are you going to a wedding?"

Erin April 4, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Those shoes! Amazing!
Erin´s last [type] ..Ringing in April with leopard print: Monday

Pam@over50feeling40 April 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I have had your shoes up on my computer for a long time…just starring at them…they are so fabulous and fun! You look great!

Megan April 4, 2012 at 3:50 pm

You look so adorable! I’m not one to pull off the white jeans very well, but they do you justice! I love those shoes by the way….They’re totally unique and I love how they have different textures for the straps and the actual shoe…Very cool!
Megan´s last [type] ..Stripes Are The New Black!

Madeleine April 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Killer shoes. White jeans are soo hard to come by, the one and only pair I have are Michael Kors, maybe I’ll give these Paige jeans a go.

xo

nancy @ adore to adorn April 4, 2012 at 5:35 pm

love white jeans…but I too find it difficult to find one pair that looks awesome. I’m still on the hunt. These however look lovely on you and definitely worth looking into myself! =)
-n
nancy @ adore to adorn´s last [type] ..Wednesday Whim - Silent World

Rachael April 4, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I love the way they work with your Prada heels! I’ve been looking for my “perfect white jean” that isn’t see through and it sure isn’t easy. Thanks for the recommendation!
Rachael´s last [type] ..The Vest Conundrum

WendyB April 4, 2012 at 11:28 pm

There are those hot shoes again!

For Those About To Shop April 5, 2012 at 10:52 am

I love the way things lighten up in Spring, too. Walking into a shop in March is a delightful thing! I always wonder why we go dark in winter, though, when we could use the colour to brighten our spirits on cold, dark days.
For Those About To Shop´s last [type] ..Ryan Gosling’s ridiculous “Hey, Girl” meme

Honney J. April 8, 2012 at 1:15 pm

You should be careful with your white jeans because it can easily get stained. How much did you buy for those pair of shoes? You look really fabulous.

-Honney
Honney J.´s last [type] ..How To Pick Up Girls

Friend in Fashion April 9, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I’m on the hunt for the perfect white jeans too! These look great on you!

Luv,
Friend in Fashion
x

The Hooting Post April 10, 2012 at 10:21 am

You’re rockin’ the white jeans - awesome!
It’s great how white jeans (or bottoms, for that matter) pull an outfit together effortlessly.
Am still trying to get over my phobia of white bottoms though >.<

<3 The Hooting Post
The Hooting Post´s last [type] ..Laura Mercier Hits Singapore

Helen April 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm

You are looking very fashionable there. You successful assembled an amazing outfit. The white jeans just feel right this summer. I love the shoes that you matched with it as well.
Helen´s last [type] ..DTS Home

Coreen H. April 11, 2012 at 8:55 am

You look very gorgeous and vibrant with those white jeans. I also love your stylish pair of shoes. What’s the brand? Keep your fashion sense.

-Coreen
Coreen H.´s last [type] ..how to seduce a woman

shane April 13, 2012 at 6:09 am

You really look great and the prada shoes is just so fab. Is Paige Ankle Skinny Jeans won’t hurt my budget? coz I really want to have that one anytime soon. It looks so comfy! Thanks for the suggestion!
shane´s last [type] ..How To Pick Up Girls

Charice Jones April 13, 2012 at 8:02 am

I love the color white especially during summer as it looks fresh and light. Sometimes I hesitate to wear it shades because I easily get it stained, I don’t know why arghhh. Am I really that careless or am I missing somethin? Any tips on movements when wearing white will surely be appreciated. Cheers!

Charice

Charice Jones April 13, 2012 at 8:03 am

Charice
Charice Jones´s last [type] ..How To Pick Up Girls

Clare @ The Blossom Shed April 13, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I know so many people who look incredible in white jeans (you too!) but I never wear them myself - I think I’m going to dip my toes into the look with a pair of cream or buff colored ones:)

Also, those shoes are just ridiculously gorgeous….
Clare @ The Blossom Shed´s last [type] ..Coachella Beauty….

Laura April 13, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Love it!

Kiss,
Laura
Laura´s last [type] ..New.

Jené DeSpain April 14, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I love love love that you are wearing this necklace this season! You look amazing, as always, and I’m completely inspired by the splash of orange into the classic black & white. As someone who tends to lean black black black, I’m going to give a lil dash of “fun colored belt” a try this Spring.
xo, jené

mich April 14, 2012 at 5:21 pm

You look great and the jeans looks nice on you. And I just so love the shoes you’re wearing!
mich´s last [type] ..My blog’s new theme

Teen Diy Crafts April 16, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I am by no means a fashion maven, but aren’t white shoes and pants “forbidden” (whatever that means) before Memorial Day?
Teen Diy Crafts´s last [type] ..Hunger Games-manship: a Sculpey Clay Mockingjay